What's on your Tuesday Menu

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 6/13/23 9:01 am
WLS on 07/15/22

There were no fire hydrants where I lived as a kid. We used to go frog hunting in the ponds in the summer, though. I should have a super immune system from all the crap I was exposed to, probably literally and figuratively!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

catwoman7
on 6/13/23 4:48 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well after the feedback yesterday from some of you about the film group, I emailed them again and told them (also again) that we welcome (and in fact would appreciate) recommendations and suggestions if people want to have some input and/or are interested in researching some possibilities. Most of the group (all but two people, actually) is in my book group where the chair always announces the book for the month, but she's always open to suggestions and has picked a couple of books that I've sent her way, so they're used to this, but I thought I'd better let them know again in case they're feeling like they aren't going to have any input. And we can always revisit this whole thing in another month or two and see if they would rather have a rotating thing, like I do with my other film group. In that other group we've had occasional issues with people just naming any film with (apparently) not really looking it (like...picking one that has terrible reviews and basically sucks) or one that it's sort of hard to have much in the way of a discussion about, which is why I set this new group up the way I did, but we'll see how it goes. It's not like anything is set in stone. So anyway, I appreciate your feedback.

I have a bone scan today and then we're playing Mah Jongg. Other than that, I still have some things on my list that I need to knock out. Last night I finally ordered a pair of collapsible walking sticks that I can take to Europe since they'll easily fit in my checked bag (well, my carry-on, too, but they don't always let you take walking sticks in carry-ons unless you clearly need them for mobility). I can't even tell you how many hours of research this took. Not wanting to spend something like $150 on walking sticks that I'll only use occasionally (because I already have a pair that are great but not "luggage friendly"****pt running into ones that had some liabilities (according to reviews, anyway) that I didn't particularly want to deal with. I ended up spending more than I wanted to on them, but the pair I ordered (Fizen - an Italian brand) had very few negatives - as in almost none. So anyway, that's that. Whew.

QOTD: no. I'm a terrible athlete. I get a lot of exercise, but I would never consider myself "athletic" in any way, shape, or form. I'm pretty sure I couldn't throw a ball far enough or straight enough to "pitch".

B: probably the standard skyr with fruit (strawberry this time) compote. Coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: I won't be home until around 1:00 - so I'll take a protein bar with me in case I get hungry before then. Otherwise, maybe some bagged salad and some kind of protein

AS: protein muffin or Ratio yogurt

D: ?? I still need to make something with the zucchini I bought the other day - but if I end up getting tied up again today, probably the Loma Linda taco filling with tomatoes and Greek yogurt that I've put on here a few times but still haven't gotten around to actually eating

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 6/13/23 5:00 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I have the trekology ones; they travel nicely but mostly I keep them in my car, just in case a hike needs them unexpectedly! Where are you hiking in Scandinavia? there are some beautiful spots!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 6/13/23 5:46 am
RNY on 06/03/15

not hiking - but I'll be doing a lot of walking. I have a bad hip joint due to a winter fall several years ago, so I walk slightly out of alignment. Because of that, I get pretty achy after while. Using walking sticks while doing long walks helps me stand up straighter, so I can walk a lot longer.

catwoman7
on 6/13/23 6:21 am
RNY on 06/03/15

P.S. I'll be in Copenhagen for four days, then in Lund (Sweden) for three days (one of which I'll be renting a car and driving up the west coast to see the villages where my mom's paternal grandparents were born). Then a cousin of mine from Chicago will be picking me up (in Lund) and we'll head to Almhult, where my dad's paternal grandparents were from, for some kind of family gathering (she knows these people from previous trips - and my parents knew them - but I've never been to Sweden and have never met them...). We'll be there for three full days. Then I'm taking the train to Stockholm and will spend four full days there (another cousin (4th cousin) urged me to go up to Uppsala one of the days I'll be in Stockholm. It's about a 30-minute train ride, and evidently another medieval university town, like Lund. Hans (cousin) went to college there, so he's very fond of it (I probably would have gone up there regardless - but his recommendation nailed it for me!)

Partlypollyanna
on 6/13/23 6:32 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Sounds lovely!!

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 6/13/23 4:50 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday!! We are making a dent on the week already!

So, I knew the Nuggets had won the championship when all the neighbors started setting off fireworks for about an hour last night. The game must have started early because it wasn't very late. They were clearly all prepared for 4th of July already....and since the fireworks stands open up this weekend, I'm guessing they have plenty of time to restock. You know the line "everything's legal in New Jersey" from Hamilton? It's true of Wyoming for fireworks, at least! (Here, nothing that leaves the ground is legal but that stops no one).

QOTD - yes, most recently in a company kickball game. Does Dodgeball count? Oh, speaking of Dodgeball, I heard they are making a sequel. That was such an unexpectedly funny movie....."if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball".

Busy day of listen only conference calls, plus I need to get in some weights and depending on the rain situation I would love to get out to walk or ride my bike. It's supposed to rain though, but I'll consider that good, thinking ahead to all the fireworks in a few weeks. I did get all my brain games right this morning so yay me. I started another new one called flagle, I'm not sure I love it -- you get 6 chances to guess what flag you are looking at....but it starts with just the blank outline of a flag...it is hard unless it's a super recognizable flag. Will say the pacific islands flags seem to be the prettiest.

menu today will be

coffee plus half and half X 2

PB + cottage cheese

naanwich of salami and cheese

RGF chicken strips and a couple of spicy pickle spears

Have a great day everyone!

Jen

Greateight
on 6/13/23 4:57 am
RNY on 08/29/18

We watched Dodgeball about a year ago and we're unexpectedly laughing out loud. I didn't realize that Globogym was from that movie.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 6/13/23 5:02 am
RNY on 02/14/18

ESPN 8 "the ocho", lol

Jen

Emiepie
on 6/13/23 6:14 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Oh yeah, I saw even bonus points for dodgeball!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics