What's on your Monday Menu?

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 6/12/23 8:52 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Hopefully your getting out of bed includes time to acclimate to the getting up part! When I've had things in the past there have absolutely been times when getting up is a 15 minute plus process as I prep my muscles and such beforehand. Sometimes that flexing or whatnot can make a big difference. It sounds like just a terrible situation, though.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 6/12/23 3:17 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning QJB and menuers,

You guys know how to have fun! Glad your class went well but it sucks when you have a crappy event that sets the tone for the day. My favorite pie place that closed was two doors down from a Jenny Craig. I used to get a giggle out of that. Sorry Grim caught the ick. Hope staying home will help.

QOTD- I used to keep an overnight bag in my car for days when I just randomly didn't go home. Once, I told a friend of mine to get in the car and we ended up caving in Kentucky. I was able to be a lot more spontaneous before having pets. I still like very squishy trips that allow a lot of experiencing as you go. Those tend to be my road trips these days where I have a couple destinations and then just...go where I feel like it. Life has enough structure, need some spontaneity! I'm the one who shows up without reservations to the fancy restaurant and will agree to sit in the corner and be done before the 5:00 gets in. Life is fun!

Well. I'm heading to NO today for work and will be there till Thursday. I will visit Cafe Du Monde at least once, even if I just get coffee. The rest will be busy and we'll see how things go. What worries me is I definitely have a mouse in my HVAC. The air came on yesterday and insulation came out of all the vents that were open. Not good, especially since I'll be gone. I'll have to put the fan on. HVAC is supposed to call today. Pest control, too.

I have a list of questions for my GI doctor today now that I've had more time to think about the abnormal CT scan and the fact that the next tests are at the end of the mmonth. Also have to ask about the colon prep they sent in. It's $200. Pass.

Accountability- Did okay. Poor leftovers.

Exercise - Need to get in gear. Will do another basic routine from Mr. Peppy Guy tonight.

Food- English muffin with turkey and cheddar cheese this morning. I'll take some Chomps and protein chips to the airport. Not much room for packing good options, so I'll work with it!

Have a great day folks!

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Sheila_H
on 6/12/23 8:02 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

You might not be able to do the colonoscopy if you don't do the colon prep.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 6/12/23 8:49 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Ah, I was unclear. Totally going to do the prep...I just called back and asked her to set me up with whatever is cheapest of the other four options. The one I picked was the only non-liquid. I failed to ask about cost.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/12/23 5:05 am, edited 6/11/23 10:05 pm

Good morning.

Very interesting concept. Having cookies after the WW meeting would be a great idea. I know I starved myself before every WW meeting (I jointed WW for a year, but just after a meeting- it was a feeding frenzy. I had 2weeks before another one. Seeing cookies, smelling cookies would definitely made me into cookie monster. If the area is big, setting up your cookies' classes as they are finishing the meeting would be...devious. ?

Sorry Grim is sick. Looks like you are good at sharing.

Qotd: yes, I had been like that. Did things in my life that were interesting. Including leaving Poland, coming to Canada then USA. And more stuff. I come with the crazy ideas and Keith likes them most of the time. I.e. last year, because of my back, and overheating, we thought about going on a nice easy cruise...but he cruise dates were not convenient to me, plus the heat there... so when Keith asked me about booking it, I casually mentioned "....or we could go to Edinburgh in June....?". And he jumped on that idea... then as I was setting up the trip to Edinburgh, I casually checked Prague...and sent Keith a picture from Prague, as a joke. So we went to Prague in September.

This year - we planned a 2 week trip to Europe...but Keith got a new job...so we are going to Poland for a week. It's spontaneous at first... then I plan some stuff. And as I'm setting the trip - I'm thinking to myself "I'm crazy". BTW- the trip in Poland will be vacation for Keith and work for me ( I'm the translator, guide, coordinator, advisor..etc...). I know we would have fun.

The weekend- I, neither did keith check the weather. We were hoping we get out of the house on Sunday. But it rained most of the day, the air pressure was low so we were stuck in the house. I did some cooking - food prepping for the week. Not all what I wanted, but enough to feel like I did something. But Keith works from home so he really wanted to get out. Ugh.

Today's menu:

Liquids

Lunch - not sure...I have a visitor so we may go out... if not, something easy: meat and veggies.

D: again not sure if the visitor is staying longer and we have to take him to dinner. If not - then Ceasar salad with some proteins.

S: cheese, apple, avocado

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Amy Liz
on 6/12/23 5:18 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ WW and cookie classes, love it! Running late so I gotta make this quick. I had a very chill weekend no activity to speak of, my energy is just garbage. I push hard all week, then crash on the weekend. I will take it easier this week, I need more balance.

QOTD - I'm go with the flow, but not really spontaneous.

B- coffee, protein bar

l - FLP shake, carrots and cucumbers

d - chicken tenders

e - stretch/yoga at home

Have a wonderful day

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Greateight
on 6/12/23 5:23 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning everybody!

We had a cold front come through yesterday and I am all wrapped up in blankets, as I type this.

The weather kind of made for a tale of two weekends. Friday was a beautiful summer evening. Marilyn met me at work and we went for beers and nachos before the concert. The set list was great from the perspective of being high energy on a summer Friday. Less great from a perspective of seeing songs that I hadn't heard before. Although I did get a cover of Martha Reeves and the Vandella's Dancing in the Streets that I had never heard live before.

Saturday was also beautiful, after CrossFit I helped Marilyn set up the carrier for her kayak. Which turned out to be missing four pieces. So it's not quite launched.

Although I thought about seeing if Matt wanted to go to the Saturday night concert, I just stayed home and watched the hockey game. So, naturally, they played both Mississippi Half Step Uptown Todaloo and Morning Dew. Sigh.

Then yesterday, I woke up and it was freezing. Spent the day reading, planning my trip to Europe next week and watching Avatar. It's still cold today.

I'm headed to the gym in a few minutes.

QOTD: is it spontaneous to not do things? That is more likely for me.

Breakfast: Protein Bar

Lunch: Roast Beef

Dinner: Chicken

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/12/23 5:33 am

is it spontaneous to not do things

Yes it is, specially in my book. As I got older, I got more spontaneous about that. Specially with bad back, overheating and arthritis. Too hot or too wet? Nope, not going out. And if I have to...I get grouchy....

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

catwoman7
on 6/12/23 5:35 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

today the only thing I have scheduled is my "documentary film group 2" meeting - our initial meeting! (I formed a second group because I had a long waiting list for my first group - I like to keep discussion groups to 8-10 people, since more than that it's hard to have a discussion). We will be discussing "Blackfish" - wow - wonderful film (I saw it last night) - it should stimulate a lot of conversation.

I decided with this group, my co-chair and I will select the movies - both from lists of films that have excellent reviews and from suggestions that any of the group members email to us (that is, if they're good suggestions). In documentary group 1, we rotate - each month, a different group member picks the movie. Most of them pick pretty decent ones, but we've had a couple of really crappy ones that I think people just pulled out of their a$$ because they had no idea what to pick. Huge waste of a couple hours of my life. I always put some research into it - as do some of the others - checking rottentomatoes, googling top 10 lists, etc - but some people clearly don't do that. So I think this approach will be better. That's what we do with my book group - the chair selects the books - although she encourages us to give her suggestions and she'll often pull from those lists of our suggestions as well (after "vetting" them, of course). I think that's a better system. She always picks great books for us to read and discusss.

QOTD: I'm sort of half & half, I guess. I do like to plan ahead, but then I'm not one who has to stick to things 100% - I can be pretty flexible if something comes along that I'd rather do.

B: skyr with strawberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: either taco filling with tomatoes and plain Greek yogurt (I ended up not eating this yesterday), or chocolate "mousse" with raspberries

AS: protein muffin

D: I'm going to try to look for something that involves at least one whole zucchini (I bought a bag of them yesterday in the "clearance" section of the produce dept. I'll try to use two or three of them within the next two or three days and then shred/freeze whatever's left over)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 6/12/23 5:50 am
RNY on 02/14/18

The only reason I am in my bookdclubs is to have the exposure to what other people are reading. It gets me out of my comfort zone which is good even if they aren't books I would pick!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?