Good Sunday morning, what's on your menu?

Melody P.
on 6/11/23 1:34 am - Amarillo, TX

Aspics...yummy.

Good mornin everyone. My day ahead looks busy. My brother and his family are coming over as my SIL's birthday is tomorrow. I'd really be ok if they didn't come over...LOL. We have to run to Walmart then vacuum the house...I needed to do that anyway.

Not a lot planned for the week. I have a few appointments. I also missed a call from the pain clinic so we'll see what they wanted probably Monday.

QOTD: I've drawing a blank here. So I'll fall back to the start of the week question...what's your plans for the week?

most of mine is above. I need to chainmaille of course. We may go see the big lake in our area but as a big maybe, exciting life eh? LOL

Mel

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 6/11/23 3:18 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Mel and weekend menuers,

Your family does spend a lot of time together! Think I'm glad mine is across the country. Not sure I could deal with siblings every day like you seem to be able to.

QOTD - Today I'll get packed up and ready to head to NO for work. I'll be there through Thursday night. It will be a bit of a trial to see how work travel goes. That's most of my week. And I forgot to answer yesterday. I get weird looks at the tractor supply store when I buy literally anything. They're the only ones in the area with some specialty things. Always a good time when the cashier asks what it's for. Last time was just fence stays.

Yesterday's seafood boil was a huge, messy success! I've never been able to stomach cracking crab legs. I'm pleased to report that shouldn't be an issue going forward! I think. Kitchen shears are my friend.

Accountability- Too much clarified butter, salt, and remoulade. I still need heavy flavors to tolerate food. Also think potatoes are on my bad list at the moment. Sad, cause I love them.

Exercise- body weight routine!

Menu - Gouda and portobello burger, shrimp burger, matzo ball soup, boiled egg. Much leftovers as possible!

Have a great day!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

lmfontana4
on 6/11/23 9:50 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

It is nice to have some distance from family but as I get older I seem to be more tolerant of them. But maybe it is the distance.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 6/12/23 9:31 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Haha if I'm being honest I count on the distance for some family things! I've only recently begun to reconnect in some places but I know if it were in person I'd already have been at my limit. Attempts are being made, and I do chalk that up to getting older, and hopefully, wiser.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/11/23 6:57 am, edited 6/11/23 1:51 am

Good morning. I would love that dish. The reminds me, I need to make something like that. Keith is going to be making faces when he sees me eating things like that.

Last week I didn't get enough sleep and it caught with me on Friday. I was dizzy, fuzzy in the head, all over low functioning adult. I got ready for work, ...then decided I'm not fit to drive, so I stayed home. Finally got enough sleep yesterday. Today it's better.

Qotd: I have a few doctors appointments. One is epidural. That would be interesting. Specially since I also have a gastro doc appointment on the same day. Ugh. I hope I can drive shortly after my epidural. Some of them can cause weakness in the legs. But I only got that one time.

My scale is playing with me. I'm hovering around 160. 2lbs down, 2 lbs up. Ugh. But my body fat % is dropping. I know my body is shrinking, but not fast enough to my liking.

Because of my diet and how long I'm on it, my body pains became more manageable. I really like that. I was able to lower how much pain meds I need- want to take. That's great because for a while on some days I needed to take more than prescribed (I got some "saved" pain meds). I often need more meds when i travel. So I try to take less to save for that. They didn't want to increase the dose, so that's why I got steroids injections.

My doc was concerned with the amount of steroids he injected me with just this year, but he noticed I'm not gaining weight because of them. I have to remind him I have adrenal insufficiency, and the extra steroids give me energy and correct areas where inflammation isn't well controlled. I'm weird because more often than not, getting the injection gives me energy and curbs my appetite, not making me crave sweets- food. Sometimes I have 1-2 days I want to eat more, but get satisfied with more proteins and fats. How much more? I can easily eat 500-800 worth of calories from cheese. Adding an apple to the mix. One meal. I have to control how much cheese I eat. I discovered that cheese curbs my cravings for sweets when I'm stressed. Apparently the cheese protein, casein, can bind to opiates receptors and stimulate dopamine release. Sugar- carbs consumption stimulates dopamine release, and we get "addicted" to that. At least some of us. My Keith likes his sweets but he doesn't crave them, or eat them more than 1x a day. Me? When I eat sweets or simple carbs (bread) I want that all day, every day. Then I suffer the consequences (one of them is significant increase in body - joints pain).

Yesterday I got tempted and ate something I'm not supposed to. Not only I dumped on that, but got RH, and later severe muscles cramps. I had to drink double dose of electrolytes, and 2 oz of my Sole water. Plus take and extra muscle relaxant. The cat, Dewey was trying to help, laying on top of my twitching legs. He even started to lick my calves as they spasm - twitched.

Today's menu:

Liquids: Coffee, tea, water, electrolytes

Maybe some eggs

S: cheese, avocado, apple

D: Salad with proteins or some other proteins + veggies combo.

Lns: probably nothing... I ate my berries for this week...lol.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

White Dove
on 6/11/23 7:39 am - Warren, OH

I am sorry you have gone through so much with pain. Dewey is a good and caring pet. Did you ever read the book, Potatoes Not Prozac? It explains a lot about being sensitive to sugar and how to balance blood sugar. It helped me years ago and I am planning to read it again this summer.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/11/23 8:58 am

Thanks, no I didn't read this book. It may be good idea to check it out.

Thanks.

Dewey is my "cuddle bunny". He really takes care of us - Keith and me. Specially if I'm hurting- he would be all over me trying to help.

When Keith is not feeling good - I would take Dewey to him. Telling Dewey "take care of Keith" and he does.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

catwoman7
on 6/11/23 7:31 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

that dish looks like something out of the 1950s. If you have time on your hands, take a look at James Lilek's Regrettable Foods site - he lists bizarre recipes like that one out of mid-century cookbooks. Some of them are really funny - and/or bizarre!

https://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/

QOTD: It's cold and rainy today, so my exercise choices are Aqua Zumba or a stationary bike or seated elliptical over at the gym. I'm not crazy about the weekend Aqua Zumba instructor (the one who teaches during the week is much better), but that's the choice that's sounding more appealing at the moment, so I guess I'll do that. The rest of the week includes another film discussion group meeting, a board meeting, Mah Jongg, bone scan, and a hair appt, so not too bad - although I have a lot of stuff to do in preparation for my trip to Scandinavia - like make a list of things I want to see, buy train tickets, and get a pair of foldable or collapsible walking sticks that will go in my checked bag (I have a pair of great Exerstriders, but they're not traveling ones, so they won't fit in my bag). I've been reading Amazon reviews for the last couple of days. Every time i think I found the perfect pair, I read the one- and two-star reviews which say they're crap - so then I go on to the next pair. Why is it that there can be 200 four- and five-star reviews, and as soon as I read the five negative reviews, I cross that item off my list? Happens all the time. So far I haven't found one pair that someone hasn't completely bashed. I guess if there are very few negative reviews, and the company has a good return policy, then maybe I shouldn't worry about it (???).

B: crepe topped with high protein plain Greek yogurt and strawberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: chocolate "mousse" with raspberries

AS: protein muffin or Greek yogurt

D: maybe taco filling with tomatoes and plain Greek yogurt - or something with zucchini (bought a bunch of it yesterday). Although that would require thought. I'll see if I'm up to it later...

have a great Sunday, all!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Queen JB
on 6/11/23 7:35 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! I am forcing myself off of my feet for the next 1.5 hours because I have a class to teach this afternoon and my knee is already swollen and aching.

QOTD: Monday night we're going to see the RedSox. Other than that--nothing. School School School.

Food today is... not great. These 12 - 5 classes are not ideal for an eating schedule. I started the day with protein coffee & leftover cauliflower pizza. Nothing for lunch, then finishing off the pizza for dinner, I guess?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 6/11/23 7:51 am - Warren, OH

A drafting chair might be the perfect way for you to teach your cookie decorating classes and keep the pressure off of your knee. You can adjust to the height that is comfortable to work at and still be at about the same height as when standing up. I find that a stretchy knee support really helps when I have sore and swollen knees.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views