What's on your Wednesday Menu?

White Dove
on 6/7/23 9:36 am - Warren, OH

It can be some of the strangest things that just don't want to work for me anymore. Last night I was sick and dumped and the only things I ate that were different were a pineapple-mango salsa with my baked fish and a dish of roasted asparagus. I am sure you never will get sick from too much asparagus or even one taste of asparagus. The salsa was from a store so maybe full of sugar.

If I eat a baked potato it has to be the only thing I have for that meal. Ham and a potato would probably not work for me.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 6/7/23 5:14 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

That sounds like a terrible night. I'm sorry your potatoes were punishing you.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Partlypollyanna
on 6/7/23 3:45 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and wow, it's only Wednesday!

QJB, sorry you are still under the weather, some things just have to run their course. Do what you absolutely have to do and then know you will catch up on the rest eventually. While I am a big fan of just powering through short term things, when it lingers, you have to give yourself time to heal and recover.

QOTD - in all the decades, I set my own trends....I'm not sure if that's the same as being trendy though, lol. I look at my childhood and early elementary photos and I was definitely in on the 70s colors and plaid.

Had a great rowing workout and workout with my trainer yesterday. I should row today but I'm feeling like a rest day, I was supposed to have a rest day tomorrow but I can flex it up. I need to straighten up the kitchen and redo my oldest nephew's resume. It's tough when the younger people in your life are struggling with their careers and there's not really much you can do, but I can write a mean resume and help with interview prep so there's that. Oh, and I have a ton of meetings today so work so all in all a busy Wednesday.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X 2

skyr or ratio yogurt

something from the freezer for lunch, maybe an empanada

if I get all my stuff done today, I will sit back with some popcorn and start my re-watch of Strange New Worlds before season 2 drops on the 15th.

Have a wonderful mid-week everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 6/7/23 6:31 am - Warren, OH

In the 70's one of my brothers moved to California and became a hippie. He came home about ten years later with waist long hair, beard, and wore sandals year round. He was always stoned and had gone through rehab for cocaine addiction.

I sat down with him and helped him put together a resume. He was smart and did have some good work experience. He used that resume to get hired by an airplane manufacturer. They paid to send him to college and he graduated as an aeronautical engineer. He ended up having a great career with the company, married and has kids. I don't think he would have done any of that if he had not had help with how to present himself on that resume. You are probably going to change the course of your nephew's life by helping him with resume and interviews.
\

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 6/7/23 3:24 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

He's a tremendous human but his time in the army left a lot of marks. Anything I can do to help him, I am in for!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 6/7/23 4:06 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm really sorry to hear that you're getting worse, QJB. I'd probably head to urgent care if it doesn't start improving in another day or two. I wonder what is going on? I hope it starts to get better soon...

I have lunch today with a friend, so I'll either bike or go to water aerobics this morning to burn off a few calories beforehand. That's it on the docket other than working through my long "to do" list - although at least I don't have anything else scheduled today, so I should be able to make some headway.

most of my lab results came back yesterday - a couple of them take a few days, so a few more yet to come. Everything normal so far. Glucose was back down to 70. It's always been around there, but for some odd reason it was 100 last year. WTF? They did an A1C test (right after that result last year), and it was normal, so no concerns - and this year my glucose level was the same as always. Not sure what was going on last year, but it was evidently a one off. Thankfully.

QOTD: I was in high school and most of college in the 1970s, so you'd think it would be then - but I remember being really style-conscious in the early- to mid-80s, for some odd reason (you'd think by then i wouldn't have cared so much). I remember wearing acid-washed jackets and jeans (and acid-washed denim skirts, too), and those black combat boots (with skirts, too!), black tights, and fluorescent sweaters. And said sweaters were usually over-sized and worn over a white tank top so you could see the tank top since the sweaters always fell off my shoulder (if not by accident, then intentionally, since that was "the thing"). Oh - and big hair. I took those sweaters over to Goodwill a few years ago. They probably now serve as part of someone's Halloween costume.

B: plain skyr with fruit compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: we'll be at a Mexican place, so either two street tacos or a vegetable fajita

AS: protein muffin - or more likely, L&F or Ratio yogurt

D: leftovers again!

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Greateight
on 6/7/23 6:03 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Figure this Trish. I saw you had zero likes, so I pressed like. But I had already done so. It said zero, but also that I liked it. When I pushed it a second time, it subtracted and it showed you as having negative 1 likes.

I had no idea that the like counters could go lower than zero.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 6/7/23 7:46 am
RNY on 06/03/15

oh wow - that is weird!!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Greateight
on 6/7/23 8:01 am
RNY on 08/29/18

It looks like you are back to reconciling.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 6/7/23 8:25 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Are you still taking that prescribed medication for weight loss? Have you lost the weight you intended. Do you think you will continue to use it in the future? I just wonder how these meds work on people with WLS.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.