Happy Tuesday, What's on your menu, everyone?

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/2/23 12:59 pm

I have a hard time dealing with my hoarding issues, i cant imagine trying to deal with someone else stuff. No way.

Does the DB and SIL - are participating or you guys just do it by yourself? They need to be really involved, or the place will turn back into what it is now in no time, you know that.. right?

Honestly: I had to hire someone to help me with the initial organizing of my crap. Once things are more of less segregated, I can deal with it by myself. The mess with stuff - partially was due to me getting sick, dealing with a lot of body -back pain, sciatica. The more I tried to do - the worse my pain got and the less I could do. Eventually - I would look at a pile - and my muscles would start spasming - I know it was a mental issues - a panic-like attack with my body expecting pain. One of my issue is that when I start working on something - I often don't give myself a time limit, or don't stick to time limit. So even if I plan to work for 15-20 min, 2 hrs later I would still bend and twist trying to "finish that segment or area". Bad idea.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Emiepie
on 5/2/23 3:46 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you can carve some time out for some self care.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

White Dove
on 5/2/23 6:29 am - Warren, OH

Permanent lighting is one of those newer things where I think they will try to get you to make a quick decision and not shop around. I love the idea, but am wary of salespeople. I was looking at a walk-in tub and found that the salesman first scoped me out by determining how much he could get me to spend and then tried to pressure me into making a decision with a 24 deadline on the price.

He was pushing about $24,000. After he left, I looked online at Lowes and the price for the same American Standard tub installed was in the $10,000 range. The things that salesmen get high markups on for seniors especially are walk-in tubs, stairlifts, and leaf guard systems. They work on our emotions and our fears of being dependent and that is not a good place to make sensible financial decisions.

Another thing that breaks my heart is watching low income people spend hugh amounts of money on solar energy and believing that their income tax refund will pay for the cost. The way the credit works is that you get the money back if you pay income tax, but if you are low income and pay low taxes then it is a low solar energy credit. I have seen people who signed over $20,000 due in a balloon payment thinking that they will get that on taxes, when they might get $500. They end up bankrupt or losing their life savings to fast talking salespeople.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 5/2/23 6:48 am, edited 5/1/23 11:53 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Fortunately, I have years of experience in doing my own research and have been in sales long enough to recognize slimy tactics.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 5/2/23 6:58 am - Warren, OH

My worst memory was one trying to sell me a stairlift. I was not prepared for his tactics. He told me that at my age I had a 50% chance of falling on the basement stairs and ending up in a nursing home within a year. When I told him I was not buying he got mad and said he drove over 50 miles in winter weather to get to my house and he was not willing to take No for an answer.

Partlypollyanna
on 5/2/23 6:59 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I hope you kicked him out and reported him!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 5/2/23 8:00 am - Warren, OH

I kept saying No and he finally stomped out and left. I decided not to report him. I was not expecting what happened and I was shaken up. I just figured he worked for a slimy company and I would avoid that company in the future. I did not want to deal with anyone in his company after that afternoon.

Teenie
on 5/2/23 8:06 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

This is why I work on very low margins. I am too honest.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 5/2/23 11:55 am
WLS on 07/15/22

The super predatory tactics work enough to make them worthwhile, sadly. It's really hard for some people to say no under high pressure tactics. It's such a low thing to do.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Teenie
on 5/2/23 7:06 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Jen and Menuers,

Yeah, for a busy day Jen. I love when days fly by that are not a Saturday or Sunday. My coffee this morning was super sweet. Not sure if I used to much creamer or I brain farted and put in 2 stevia, I drank it down and added 6 more ounces of coffee. Hopefully my day will get better. I hope to run to Walmart a lunch today. Just putting things together for my party on Saturday. I may have over invited. The good news it should be a nice day so I can open the back door and put out the Porch furniture. We will make it work.

QOTD: I wish I could stop grazing dinner. Most people really do not like going out to dinner because they make poor choices but for me it makes me sit down and eat till I am full. I never sit to a meal at home by the time I feed the dog and Ron I have completely pick through my dinner.

Accountability: I ate Garlic Bread cheese I found at Aldi for dinner instead of a good protein.

TSS: 5 years 4 month 21 days 162 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF coffee mate Twix creamer

MS: Cottage cheese and Berries

CB: Coffee with SF coffee mate Twix creamer

L: Cheesy onion chicken bake and shredded chicken with maple bacon glaze

D: Stuffed green peppers

Exercise: Dog walking

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 485 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 402 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.