What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 4/27/23 3:00 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! Well, I can honestly say that I slept like a champion--no imaginary old arguments for me last night. YAY! I woke up around 3am and I have been laying in bed for 2+ hours watching TikTok and reading the news. It was lovely. I might have stayed there all day if I didn't need coffee :)

I have no plan for today. Papers are mostly written and I don't have any orders to do. I might get ahead of some baking so that I am not slammed when I get back, from the trip, but TBD. I think my business plan is complete, too, so I might see if I can figure out how to post it on Etsy today!

QOTD: Do you keep your phone next to you when you go to sleep at night? I do. I have mixed feeling about it. I love to have it there when I wake up for those lazy mornings. I at least read my email and headlines and do Wordle before I get out of bed. But nights when I have trouble sleeping, I will grab it and I know it keeps me awake longer than I need.

B: Protein Coffee & Egg Bite

L: Chicken

S: Balanced Break

D: Veggie Burger on mini Naan with Tzatziki sauce

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 4/27/23 3:21 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and yay Thursday! Quick post for me, I need to be at the office by 530.

qotd - nope, I would have to get out of bed to get it and I never use it in bed (laptop or ipad either), but the kindle is always in arms reach.

busy in meetings from 530 to 1 but then I will head home, hit the grocery store on my way and then finish out the workday at home. I would like to get in a workout after work but I'm bad at doing that unless I do boxing so boxing it will be. Im at 225 for my rowing miles for the year and at 50.25 for the month of April so slightly ahead of goal.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X1

coffee plus flPx2 plus drinking the rest of the flp

Skyr

cheesestick and meat stick

tbd on dinner

have a fantastic day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 4/27/23 3:39 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning QJB and menuers,

This meme is me! Half the times I wake up at night, I've got some fixated thought in my head that will do me no good. Rumination, bah!

QOTD- Yep. I keep it around for camera and emergency alerts. It's also my clock and alarm. I have a hard time going back to sleep when I don't know how long I have before getting up. And I'll read when my brain won't turn off.

Mom made it home around 1pm yesterday. The PT folks let her put weight on the leg already and walked her around the halls some. I think she's taking this injury seriously since it's been the most mobility-limiting thing she's experienced. Thanks for all the well wishes yesterday.

Today I'll try to pick up a refill. I didn't go out yesterday, so it's been a bit. Low key day and I'll try to do some catch up cleaning. So far, it feels like today might be one with a more cooperative body. The test seems to be the first drink of the day, so I'll know soon!

Accountability- Still doing crappy on protein, which I need to fix. Getting in calories, though.

Menu - Protein shake, miiiight try a ratio yogurt again. More microwaved grape nuts with milk. Peanut butter, blueberries. I'm not prepping too much because of not being able to eat.

Happy Thursday, everyone!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Teenie
on 4/27/23 6:55 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good news about your Mom. Glad things are looking up.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 4/27/23 1:08 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

For sure! I'm so glad she's focused on getting better. Only get one momma. Thank you!

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/27/23 9:34 am

Try the egg drop soup. It was my "thing to go" when I had hernias. I could also blend it to make it more drinkable, and sip it from a thermos. Just keep it warm until I fini**** Don't overboil the egg mixture. I would allow the stock (bone broth) to boil, pour on the well mixed eggs, then take it off the stove the moment the liquid would stat raising up - and immediately add 2-4 ice cubes to stop the boiling process. I did that when I had some type of stricture and really needed liquids-like protein drink.

Now I often add collagen powder to the soup, because collagen is great for intestines, skin, hair, nails, etc...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 4/27/23 1:11 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Thanks, Hala! Appreciate the suggestion. I have everything needed to make it...might try a super small batch. Eggs are the hardest thing for me to eat since surgery by far, so not sure how it would go but I'm willing to try!

White Dove
on 4/27/23 11:22 am - Warren, OH

Tell youe mom that the falling is nature's way of reminding us to be more careful as we get older. It is a hard way to learn that lesson but it does work. The body heals and it is easy to get careless again. I try to stay aware of stumbling and falling all the time.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 4/27/23 1:15 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

This is not her first injurious fall. A year or so ago she slipped on leaved going down from their patio, grabbed the railing and wrenched her shoulder badly. She's mostly ignored that injury and it still causes her pain that she tries to ignore. She can't fully use that arm and will admit it...but she also just suffers through the pain. Some things can't heal properly unless they're addressed medically, and she's had several things over the years that impact her now that might not have if she'd seen a doctor. I think this truly is her eye-opener about it, and I won't hesitate to remind her.

White Dove
on 4/27/23 3:01 pm - Warren, OH

I had a few bad falls, did physical therapy and the pain and lack of function did greatly improve. It is good that she is seeing a doctor now. My first time getting hurt was from a parachute jump when I was 67. The tandem person I was jumping with got off course and i landed badly and had a back injury. When I was at the hospital having back surgery, one of the nurses told me that she was afraid of flying and just drove 3000 miles rather than get on a plane. She locked at me and said, and you not only get on a plane, you jump out of one.

I believe in living life and doing what you want, but also realize that there is time when you do have to watch more carefully. I have to remember to pick up my feet and not shuffle and to watch where I am walking. I have a cane and there are days when I swallow my pride and use the cane if I have to. Especially when there is a lot of snow and ice. I do not suffer through the pain and am at a doctor complaining if I do have pain. And I no longer want to jump out of airplanes. I hope your mom does a lot better and this is a wake up call for her.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views