What's on your Tuesday Menu?

catwoman7
on 4/25/23 5:16 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I've got an in person Mah Jongg game later this morning and class this afternoon. I need to decide on a travel insurance company by Thursday since one of the ones on my short list only gives you a 15-day window to buy it in order to waive "pre-existing conditions" (I don't have any, but my MIL does, and with most companies "pre-existing conditions" don't apply to someone not traveling with you, but in a few, it does. The main reason I'd have to cancel my trip is if her health continues to decline to the point she's at risk of dying, so I want to make sure that's a "covered reason" with any policy I buy).

I don't really have time to go to the gym today (unless I go tonight), so I'll probably bus over to class early and get off several stops before my usual one and walk the rest of the way to my building. Better than nuttin'...

QOTD: not really.

B: skyr with fruit, coffee with half & half

MS: will take a protein shake to the Mah Jongg game

L: oatmeal topped with L&F creme brulee and a teaspoon or two of tahini

AS: probably won't need one after that lunch (fiber and fat!), but I'll take a protein bar with me to class just in case

D: maybe 1/2 a veggie burger and some kale salad

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Greateight
on 4/25/23 5:40 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Trish, did you say that the travel insurance was 50% of the cost of the plane tickets? That seems so expensive.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 4/25/23 5:53 am
RNY on 06/03/15

no - what i meant was if you get the "cancel for any reason" option that some insurance companies offer, it'll add about 50% to the cost of your travel insurance. So if your insurance will cost $100, then adding the "cancel for any reason option" will bring it up to $150. Sorry I didn't make that more clear - you aren't the first person who asked me about that!

I'm thinking of getting that option because I know companies are notorious about declining anything that doesn't EXACTLY fit their criteria as a "covered reason" - and plus my total cost for this trip isn't going to be that high because a lot of my bookings are cancel-able (you only cover things that won't be refundable if you have to cancel). Ordinarily, I probably wouldn't even bother getting insurance for this - but with my MIL's precarious situation, I'm thinking it might be a good idea - plus the travel "experts" always recommend getting at least get the medical insurance part when traveling overseas in case something happens that'll cost you an arm and a leg (even if your regular health insurance company will reimburse you later)

Greateight
on 4/25/23 5:56 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Normally I am in the "don't pay for anything you can afford to self-insure" camp, but with your family commitments, it seems like a good idea to get it. And since the overwhelmingly likely reason that you will have to cancel is because of the family health situation, you probably want to get whatever plan covers that.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 4/25/23 6:18 am
RNY on 06/03/15

that, plus the fact that if I insure the trip, it's only $10-15 more than if I just got the medical insurance, since most of my bookings are cancellable (as long as I give them notice 1-3 days in advance (depending on the hotel)). So I could potentially lose a night or two of hotel costs at most if I have to cancel at the last minute - but I'm OK with that. I can actually afford to eat all of my non-refundable costs - but given it doesn't cost much more than getting just the medical insurance part of it, might as well (I'm thinking that since I'm in my 60s, I should probably at least get travel medical insurance now whenever I'm traveling overseas. My regular health insurance will only cover emergencies, and again, they just reimburse you once you get back. I've heard horror stories of people needing some $30K emergency surgery when traveling - or people needing to be sent to a hospital in another city or country because whatever they had was beyond the scope of the local facilities. Yikes.)

Greateight
on 4/25/23 5:53 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I woke up too early, went downstairs and then fell back to sleep after an hour. So, I'm on my second awakening. Today is one of my days in the office. Although I hate going in, I was able to get my car detailed and I am ecstatic about how good it came out. It feels like I have a new car! Which is what I was hoping for since I would like to drive it three more years.

The outside is already getting dirty again from the pollen and dust that is in the air. But washing the outside is easy, its the inside that is glorious. I can't believe how clean my floor matts are and the carpet is all shampooed. I slide around on my seats because they are shiny and new.

The guy gave us a card for painting and I am tempted to give him a try based on how detail oriented he was.

Can you believe that my older son's schedule is still not completely finalized? One of his summer classes does not show a classroom assignment or time yet. If, for some reason, they cancel it, he doesn't have all of the pre-requisites that he needs for his fall classes. Sigh.

Friday morning I fly down to Birmingham to drive my younger son back to Chicago. Marilyn is going to Kiawah for Meet, Play Love Tennis. My son would prefer to drive straight home (10-12 hours), but I am going to have to see how I am feeling.

QOTD: I had been very focused on my meet June 3rd. The last two weeks illness has not done much to help that. I think a little about what I want to do after retirement, but that hasn't rose to the level of a project yet.

Food is still the BRAT diet for the most part. Hopefully back to normal tomorrow.

Have a great day, all!

Emiepie
on 4/25/23 7:15 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Ugh, I hope the class gets resolved so you guys don't have to stress about it.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Mkess
on 4/25/23 9:42 am
VSG on 08/09/21

The fact that your son's schedule is not finalized is so frustrating. I could also see it as producing anxiety for students with the uncertainly.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Teenie
on 4/25/23 11:01 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

sounds like your feeling better so glad for you.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Amy Liz
on 4/25/23 5:54 am, edited 4/24/23 10:54 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ That meme is truth! Yesterday was exhausting. I spent the whole day catching up on everything with everyone that I didn't get any real work done. I fell asleep around 9 and don't remember a thing until the alarm and I almost cried. I guess I prefer checking the time throughout the night to gage where I am, like a warning that the alarm is coming. I see the dentist for my permanent crown today. I have popped out the temporary about a dozen times between floss and vitamin chews. It's so tiny that I'm surprised I haven't swallowed it already. Otherwise it's work, work, work and there is plenty of that. Already looking forward to the weekend!

QOTD - Stealing cuz it's true - I am the project! It's me...hi...I'm the problem it's me. Forever a work in progress.

B - coffee, FLP 42

l- FLP 30

D- meatloaf

S - yogurt

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 391 views