What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 4/23/23 3:36 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone! Jim, been thinking of you and I hope you're feeling better by now.

My niece Rachel has a concer today for the area youth symphony. Then they are coming over afterwards. We were going to do bought hamburgers but have since decided to make them as they'd be expensive and not that good. We already had the meat so we'll just need some buns and to get hot dogs too.

I haven't said anything but I'm having pretty bad pain in my arms with the right being the worst. I'm worried it's something up with my neck. It seems when I sleep and it stays still it just makes them hurt so bad. Hard to straighten. I'm a side sleeper so that is somewhat difficult, it wakes me up if I have to turn over. I was hoping it was just carpel tunnel but I really don't think it is. The pain and numbness are not in the right places for CT. I wear a CT brace every night. I guess I need to make an appointment with the pain clinic to see if I can't get an X-ray on my neck and arm. When I tell you I feel like I'm falling apart I mean it lol. Seriously though...I'm over pain...so sick of this ****

Not sure what this week will hold. Not a lot planned. I might print some pictures today or tomorrow. I'm also quite sure we'll have the kids tomorrow. I kind of miss them.

QOTD: what is one thing about you that other people seems shocked by? Could be the type of music you listen to or favorite type of tv shows.

There is a lot for me, the main one being my favorite music. I tend to like a little bit of everything but over all my favorite is metal. I like the yelling, screaming and anger. It's the way I release all those same urges. People seem shocked when they learn that. Even my psychologist! Also I have Ed Sheeran and thrash metal on the same play list lol

B: dry cereal and coffee x2

L: hamburger and maybe a small handful of chips

D: ????

S: cheese and ????

Have a great rest of your weekend!

Mel

Amy Liz
on 4/23/23 6:08 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I totally resemble that meme. It surprises me that you love metal also. I imagined you would more of a calming music person. Yesterday's chili was probably not a good idea the day after refried beans. I was so bloated and uncomfortable. My system is not be ready for beans yet - or maybe ever so I will lay off. So far dairy and eggs are fine so I will give my system a break with those. Today we are taking the dogs to the park and then I'm going to enjoy my last day of freedom doing whatever floats my boat before going back to work tomorrow. Honestly, it will probably be laundry, tidying up and prep for work while trying to finish the Outsider. It's really good but getting very weird, ya'll.

QOTD - That I was pretty wild in my late teens and 20's, I have an innocent face

B- coffee, FLP 42

l - cottage cheese, FLP 30

d- egg, FLP 30

Have a wonderful day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Partlypollyanna
on 4/23/23 7:08 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I love Ben Mendohlson in that role; I also really liked him in the key west mystery series from Netflix years ago, can't think of the name of it (and of course, his Star Wars role!). Are you up on Yellowjackets? This season has been so good.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 4/23/23 7:32 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I almost started watching the Outsider the other day but I'm still reading the book and didn't want any spoilers. It's taking forever without my commute! I'm definitely going to watch when I'm through. I've made my peace with the Holly character. Oh wow! I totally forgot about YJ's latest episode so that is happening today. This season keeps getting better!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Partlypollyanna
on 4/23/23 8:46 am
RNY on 02/14/18

haha, I was thinking you had already finished the book and started the tv series!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 4/23/23 6:45 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

not much planned for today other than finally watch the movie for my film discussion group this week. And class stuff. We'll probably go over to the hospital today to visit MIL. She was moved up to "intermediate care" after I left the other day because her oxygen level had dropped too much. DH was over there yesterday and said she looked better than the last time he saw her, so hopefully she's on the mend. I don't know if she'll ever be able to go home and live alone again, so I emailed one of the assisted living places that we visited last fall (with both our moms) to see if they have vacancies. I wish she (and my mom, too) had put herself on a couple of waiting lists back when we were looking because it would have meant more options when the time came. I remember looking for places for my dad several years ago - almost no one except for the not-very-nice places had any immediate vacancy. It was horrible. These moms think all this stuff is way off in the future, but no - it's not. No one knows when something will happen that affect their ability to live on their own - esp at their ages. Hopefully my mother will get on the damn lists after what happened with MIL.

QTOD: hmmm....I'm not sure. Although I'm sure people who've met me within the last four or five years would be shocked if I told them I once weighed well over 300 lbs!

B: protein shake, coffee with half & half

MS/L: plain skyr with fruit and 2 T Grapenuts

AS: raw veggies with dip and/or L&F yogurt on 1/2 C oatmeal

D: maybe just a microwavable thing since we'll probably be at the hospital for a few hours this afternoon

have a great Sunday, all!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/23/23 2:32 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. Do you think she is hoping to stay with you guys until a good place open? Or maybe forever? Some parents think that it's the children responsibility to take care of them.

I know in this area - SC, some people think that way.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

catwoman7
on 4/23/23 5:46 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm sure both of our mothers would much prefer to live with us over an assisted living place, but neither one of us want them here. It would drive us insane!!! For a couple of years my mother talked and talked about how she had a spare bedroom in her apt and that one of us "kids" could move in with her and live rent free. Ah - yea - right. Like my sister and I would leave our spouses so we could move in with our mother? Or maybe sell our houses so we and our spouses and sis's dog or my cats could all move into her tiny apartment? Yea, right. And my brother would never move up here - he'd have to be dynamited out of North Carolina.

I'd be OK with them staying here short term until something opened (but even that would be tough - but at least there would be an end to it), but forever - ugh. That would be intolerable. They'd both be difficult to live with - for different reasons.

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/23/23 5:57 pm

Good to know you both have the same opinion (you and your DH). I sometimes see one person (often a DH) insist his mother/father live with them and the woman ends up really takeing care of the MIL or FIL and tolerate her/his outbursts.

Unfortunately as we get older we get set in our ways, and hate when we get treated by the "older generation" as not mature enough, or the ones that get the worst of outbursts of our parents when things don't go "their way". I admire you for accommodating your mother and your MIL with their appointments.

I see Keith dealing with that with his dad. His dad lives with his partner, but lately he does a few things that started irritating Keith. His dad is 81, and his partner have been telling us about his decline, physical and mental. It's hard to watch.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

catwoman7
on 4/23/23 8:04 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

yes - it's very tough to watch someone decline. My father had Alzheimer's (he died six years ago). I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. It was so sad.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views