What's on your Saturday menu?

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 4/22/23 6:16 am, edited 4/21/23 11:18 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Mel and weekend menuers!

Boy, the menu crew has had some fun things going around. I hope your stomach troubles resolve quickly.

QOTD- Either hand-washing dishes or folding laundry. I will absolutely leave a dry load of laundry in the dryer until needing it for another load forces me to empty it.

Today is one of those mornings when you stay in the shower until the ho****er runs out. There are times when I try to melt my bones in there and feel better for it afterwards.

I've got prescriptions to pick up this morning, so I'll be there as soon as the pharmacy opens. Might stop by TSC and/or Aldi depending on how I'm feeling. I'd really like to get a few fence stays, though not sure if I have the strength to install them. Only one way to find out!

Accountability- Little bit of a lot of things yesterday. All tracked. I started on a can of chicken and rice soup last night but aborted when I got GI symptoms. I'm purposefully eating more carbs and haven't lost weight in two days, so maybe it's helping.

Exercise- Still no, but I'm going to see if I can do a bit of walking today.

Menu - Greek yogurt, chicken soup, blueberries, seaweed, maybe lunch meat and cheese, turkey sausage links

I might pop a pork loin in the crock pot today. Going to work on making some better attempts at protein again. Have a great day, everyone!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

White Dove
on 4/22/23 7:58 am - Warren, OH

I make a game out of folding laundry and getting it to look as neat and organized as possible. I have a place for everything. My drawers are all setup with various organizing boxes and containers. Each pair of underwear, each pair of shorts, each t-shirt, each bra, each pair of socks has it own little space. I buy drawer organizers mostly from Amazon. My closets are also set up with a hanger for each blouse, dress, sweater, top, pants, et****ep them in groups of five and lined up by color on each hanger organizer.

Once or twice a year I do a clean out of things I have not worn for a long time. My would never want to live without tool is an flip-fold that makes everything I fold look like it should be on display at the store.

https://www.flipfold.com/Default.asp

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 4/23/23 2:54 am
WLS on 07/15/22

I can only aspire to your level of organization! Have never heard of a flip fold - thank you for sharing!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Amy Liz
on 4/22/23 6:40 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Sounds like everyone has a grey, rainy day ahead while we have sunny and 75 degrees. Yesterday was another no restriction day. I ate a whole yogurt and a 1/2 cup of refried beans (separately) and nothing. I was really paying attention to signs, but I felt nothing. Since i am tolerating everything so well - again it makes me think I didn't really have surgery! I am making some chili (puree for me) today to have in there. I'm looking very forward that that. Today we are taking the dogs to the park and running errands. Rob is going golfing and I am going to lay low at the house.

QOTD - Bathrooms, mopping and emptying the dishwasher. I will happily do all the rest, but please - not these.

B- coffee, FLP 42

l - cottage cheese

d- chili

S- FLP 30 if needed

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

White Dove
on 4/22/23 8:01 am - Warren, OH

Yesterday it was 82 degrees and bright sunshine. Monday predication is 30 and snow. Today it is 45 and pouring rain like crazy. Enjoy your sunshine, we are looking at cold, rain, and snow for the next week.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/22/23 1:35 pm

Hello.. it's way past morning

Lately I have no problem with sleeping...that's good and...possibly bad- not enough synthroid...I probably would need an increase... last night the cat, Dewey, didn't want to settle down for the night, so I lay down with him (my clothes on, on top if my sheet) and...we both passed out. I was planning to stay up longer since I ate late and I wanted to "process the food" but it worked other way. I woke up at 3 am, changed for bed, (and did the minimum- brush my teeth and washed my face) and slept until 9.

I'm slowly extending my fasting from 16- to 20 /22 hrs fasting. I plan to do a few days fasting but I need to make sure my body can handle that (I sometimes get hypoglycemia, and hate it). Today was 18 hours.

Qotd: any chores that stress my hips/SI joints, or my back. I used to love cooking but now after 1 hr in the kitchen, I need drugs and 30- 60 min break. VVacuuming-o no. The movement while Vacuuming really messes with my back. So don't. Keith does it when the house needs it between the cleaning crews. Keith and I both work, there are cats, and I just can't do it and function. So if I can afford it, I hire people to help cleaning thr house. We also have rumba, and light vacuum cleaners, and Cordless vacuum stuff. I do spot Vacuuming if I spill something or cats made a mess.

Vacuuming a whole house - the physical therapy after that can really cost me more than hiring people to help,

Today is "blankets wash day". Besides being a book hoarder, I also love blankets. Unfortunately Costco offering blankets for close to nothing - doesn't help. It's time to put "winter blankets" away and only have "casual- summer" blankets for cats and Keith. I need a cool house so...Keith needs jackets and blankets when I'm home.

Today was raining in thr morning, heavy rain. My joints are not happy. I used to love rain, but the day before the rain, and a first few hours of the rain, I'm hurting all over. Often level 7-9 out of 10. Migraines are also a thing for rapid pressure changes.

And.... cloudy weather is depressing to me, sunny weather always puts me in a better mood.

Today eats:

1/2 Avocado and 1 cup chicken salad. (IF I can eat it, ugh).

D: not sure... but it may be beef or pork, plus some veggies. Ori may finish the smoked salmon I have. Ugh.

S: cheese, and an apple or strawberries.

Exercise- trimming the cat nails... plus chasing the cat to apply special lotion to his chin. He us rather smart and see things. When he see the bottle of lotion (special for cats with skin issues) in my hand, even from a distance, he runs and hides. I Can't even mention lotion when I ask Keith to hold the cat in place - restraint the cat. But ...once I start applying the stuff - and that includes long time rubbing- scratching his neck, he is OK with it. And this cat is lazy, at at 20+ lbs, doesn't move very fast, unless..he is trying to run away from us.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Amy Liz
on 4/22/23 5:52 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Weather migraines are horrible! I used to love cloudy and rain and could have totally lived in Seattle type weather, but not any more. Sunny is my favorite now.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 485 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 402 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?