What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 4/22/23 2:16 am - Amarillo, TX

boy is that hitting close to home this morning. Feeling dumb...if that even makes sense LOL

Good morning and happy weekend!

I've been up since 11:30 and now my stomach is all upset for whatever reason. The iron isn't agreeing with me at all but I'm still going to take it until I can get a better one.

Not sue what today'll hold. We might go to the store or we might just stay home. This next week we have a chance for rain for 5 days straight and MAN am I looking forward to it. I love rainy days and we are in a drought so it'll be great if we get it. It's also supposed to be a lot cooler...a high of 48 on one of the days. Ugh on the cold and yay for the rain.

QOTD: what's your least favorite chores?

vacuuming and mopping. Ewww. It'd be nice to have a light weight vacuum that could hold up to our five critters.

B: dry cereal and a PP shake

L: leftover veggie lasagna

D: undecided at this time

S: cheese and ????

Mel

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/23 3:04 am, edited 4/21/23 8:04 pm
RNY on 01/24/23

Hey Mel and weekenders

Sleep sounds awful for you? Btw I Love rainy days too, especially days I can be at home and enjoy it.

I caught up with a friend this morning for a coffee and I took a little risk and got myself sourdough toast with butter and Vegemite. I?ve never risked a new food in public and it thought F it - be brave lol and it was all good. Was lovely.

QoTD: I hate all chores but I hate making beds for some reason, like when I do it it?s not hard but it?s a task I just hate knowing I have to do lol

Have a great weekend all!

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 4/22/23 6:22 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Glad you didn't have issues with your toast experiment!

Back in 2015, I went to lunch with my boss's boss once while we were traveling together for work. She had her RNY a couple months earlier and really wanted some carbs at Newk's. After about ten minutes, she excused herself and spent the following hour in the bathroom.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

White Dove
on 4/22/23 3:24 am - Warren, OH

A vacuum cleaner lasts me a long time. I finally replaced my seven pound Oreck that was more than 20 years old and still cleaned perfectly. I bought a Dyson cordless vacuum cleaner that has an attachment with a green laser light that makes dust shine especially in the dark. I still don't like vacuum cleaning but the light can be fun. If you ever do get a new vacumn the Dyson cordless vacuum cleaner does handle the pet hair well.

https://www.dyson.com/newsroom/news/product/v15-detect-launc h

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 4/22/23 6:48 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I have the animal cordless dyson and I love it - vacuuming is no longer a chore.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

White Dove
on 4/22/23 8:04 am - Warren, OH

I never quite realized how annoying a vacuum cord is until I no longer had to deal with one. The animal is fantastic and was one of the ones I came close to buying. One thing that I found with mine is to put a little WD40 where the attachments go and they are easier for my old and tired hands to get them to work.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 4/22/23 9:32 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Right?! Thanks for the tip, some of our attachments are getting stubborn.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Melody P.
on 4/22/23 10:09 am - Amarillo, TX

Would love to have one of those!

Mel

Grim_Traveller
on 4/22/23 4:24 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Good morning weekend gang. It's supposed to be a very rainy day tomorrow, and it's just cold and grey today.

Ham ham ham today.

QOTD: Anything down low. It's hurting my knees more to do anything that relies on kneeling or crawling, and I've decided it's just not worth it. So if you come visit, promise to not look down.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

catwoman7
on 4/22/23 4:36 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

well I've set a couple of goals for the weekend - watch a movie for my documentary film discussion group that meets on Wednesday, decide on an insurance company to get travel insurance from (I've discovered all of them have mixed reviews and complaints that people never got reimbursed for things they think they should have - although maybe with some of them, they didn't file the "correct" documents, or their reason didn't "fit" one of the company's criteria for reimbursement, or the company took two or three months to reimburse them (not unusual...) and the person wrote their negative review before they got their check? Not sure here...but it does make it difficult to sort out which companies are most likely to live up to their promises). Oh - and try to get caught up on classes, since we're pretty close to the end of the semester, and some of these profs will probably take their course pages down as soon as the class is over (and I'm pretty far behind at this point). I should also try to get out to the nursing home to check on the woman I'm legal guardian for, since I'm overdue for a visit (again). She's mostly non-communicative and has memory issues, so I usually end up just spending five or ten minutes there since otherwise we just stare at each other. I just want to make sure her room is clean, she looks OK, etc...

i did OK at the party last night. I ended up eating about 1800 kcal for the day, and my maintenance level is 1600, so that isn't bad.

QOTD: I hate cleaning in general - DH is usually the one who does it because he's kind of a neatnik, and he doesn't mind most chores. I'd probably be better off listing chores I DON'T hate versus those I do. I don't mind vacuuming (even though we don't have much carpet in our house any more - most rooms have hardwood floors or tile), and I don't mind doing laundry. Oh - here's one i despise - cleaning and sealing grout. I'm long overdue in doing it.

B: meal replacement shake, coffee with half & half

L: chickpea/miso sandwich and kale salad

AS: protein muffin

D: either a microwavable "grain bowl" (it also has chicken and vegetables on it) or skyr with fruit

ex: it's going to be cold and rainy - so I'll either go to the gym and do the elliptical or do some youtube walking or cardio dancing video

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views