What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 4/19/23 2:15 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Mornin' mornin' kids! What's happening?

Hmmm my life is boring. Sometimes I don't even realize how boring it is until I come to post here and realize that yet another day has passed and all I have to show for it is writing another paper, making more cookies, and prepping for cookie classes. I'm not unhappy--it's a great life! But it just doesn't have a lot of variation.

Although, tonight Grim says we are doing "something". I don't know what it is, and he is being weird and coy about it--saying he told me, and then admitting he has not told me? I am super confused. But whatever it is, it's happening at 6:30pm and "could" include dinner, but might not? Ok. No idea--I just hope I am dressed appropriately :) I guess I will have something interesting to report tomorrow, haha.

QOTD: Write a title for your memoir. Since Tina Fey already took Bossypants, I will go with Tough Cookies.

Accountability: No extras (yay!) but I subbed a protein bar for dinner because I was lazy.

B: Protein coffee & chicken

L: roast beef

D: ?? it all depends on whatever is happening tonight, I guess?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 4/19/23 2:31 am - Warren, OH

Whatever he has planned I am sure it will be fun and interesting. I have to think about a title but something will pop into my head.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 4/19/23 3:45 am
RNY on 07/20/15

You have more interesting stories and have had careers than anyone I have ever met. If I were you I would steal, "Everything Everywhere All At Once" :)

White Dove
on 4/19/23 7:11 am - Warren, OH

You are right and I am going to get that book written one of these days. I still think there might be something else I want to accomplish. In the 50's there was an artist who went by Grandma Moses. She began her painting career at 78 and was very popular and sold a lot of paintings. I believe it is never too late to try something new.

Queen JB
on 4/19/23 7:48 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Agreed--its never too late to try something new!

I grew up with a wonderful Grandma Moses painting over our couch when I was a kid. I used to love looking at all of the little farm houses and imagining all of the people and their lives :)

Dcgirl
on 4/19/23 10:22 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I take an abstract painting class every Sunday and I LOVE it. I call it my middle-aged hobby. I'm not very good but I love it - it's an amazing community of women (no idea why, but it's all women) and we meet for coffee before and it's just a wonderful four hour period all for ME! I highly recommend looking at your local art center/art school's website and trying it out!

Queen JB
on 4/19/23 11:07 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I've seen your paintings and they are so fabulous! You are very talented :)

Melody P.
on 4/19/23 3:01 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone! QJB, I am in awe of you sometimes. The way you pursue your dreams. I know it is boring to you sometimes but I know I'm not alone when I say you inspire us more than a tad. Hope you have a blast tonight!

Not a lot planned for the day. Secretly hoping for a stay at home kind of day. Since the doctor was out yesterday I should hear from them today about the pain pump crap. I don't even know what to expect.

thanks to a particularly large batch of stuff I made for my friend/boss I was able to get a small laptop yesterday. Nothing fancy but I like it. Hopefully I'll be back to taking photos again soon with my big camera!

QOTD: mine would be "Life in Color". It's also a song by Onerepublic.

B: JUST egg, sausage and half a pan crisped hash brown + coffee of course

L: ????

D: Most likely veggie lasagna

S: cheese and ????

Mel

Queen JB
on 4/19/23 3:48 am
RNY on 07/20/15

That's sweet--I am excited to have been afforded a year to do something completely different! Now I just daydream about how I can keep it going, but I don't think it will be an option again until I "retire".

White Dove
on 4/19/23 7:14 am - Warren, OH

It is great to have something for when you retire. But life does not seem to work out the way we think it will. It is so fantastic that you got to take this year and work on this dream.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views