What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Sheila_H
on 4/18/23 8:40 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Chicken nuggets - I never understood the attraction of chicken nuggets, I guess the adult version of them is orange chicken? DH loves the orange chicken from TJ. DS growing up wanted only dinosaur chicken nuggets, nothing else would work, they had to be dinosaur shapes.

Beautiful day here on the coast, the sun is shining, the birds are chirping and I have a big smile on my face despite family and work stress.

QOTD: I think this working during HS is cultural. In my country nobody worked while in school, and there was no peer pressure to find a job. But, during summer I worked at my dad's office mostly for filings and desk job/front desk. I really liked it because I would always hear my dad working on patients, gabbing and bragging about me. My first real job, not connected to my dad, was an au pair job because I wanted more pocket money for when I went to Spain for the year abroad. It was for a well to do family in Milan who would vacation for 6 weeks on Lake Como, and they wanted somebody who spoke English to their 10 yr old son so he wouldn't lose his Engli**** was THE JOB that convinced me to stay in school and get a professional job. I had nightmares for years from that job. I thought I was only in charge of the kid, but nope I had to do everything. They had a pool and the whole family would walk around the house naked (in their birth suite). I'm no prude but I refused to go in the pool when invited. The kid was OK but the whole situation was too hippy/avant-garde for my taste. They had a huge vegetable garden that I was supposed to gather the vegetables and make the risotto from it every night. I think my dislike of cooking comes from back then: 1) I didn't know how to cook 2)their way of cooking was very different. At one point the mom even told me my cooking is blah because I don't put my heart in it. No **** Sherlock!!! If in their ad instead of highlighting the English language they had mentioned daily house work I would have never applied. Anyway those 6 weeks taught me that I need to study and get a job that does not include housework.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Chicken skewers
  • Epic chicken, frozen berries with fairlife (home made froyo)
  • Shrimp stir fry
  • E: cardio + weight

Happy taco Tue!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Grim_Traveller
on 4/18/23 8:56 am
RNY on 08/21/12

That's a fascinating story. I can't even imagine.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Emiepie
on 4/18/23 9:45 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Wow, I always had daydreams of that kind of job from what I had read in my Babysitters Club books. Maybe I should be grateful I never had one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 4/18/23 9:56 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Yup, not all that cracked up to be.

Partlypollyanna
on 4/18/23 9:45 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I can't imagine! I am impressed you stuck it out.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 4/18/23 9:55 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Money talks.

Queen JB
on 4/18/23 2:10 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I don't like the highly processed nuggs in different shapes but I do like a crispy breaded piece of natural chicken.

I have a few nanny stories as well! Coming into someone else's family is just weird. People are weird.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 4/18/23 9:39 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All! (it's still (barely) morning here in the Midwest)

I feel like I made a lot of headway on various projects over the last few days, so now I need to focus on my classes again, because I'm hopelessly behind with only a couple weeks left in the semester (I don't take exams since I'm an auditor, but I don't want any of the readings or recorded lectures (for the two online classes) to disappear after the course ends, since most of the professors take their course pages down then). I especially want to suck up any and all information from that online nutrition course I"m taking, because it's very useful to me.

I have class today (my in-person urban geography class), but that's it. I need to get some exercise, though, since I've been slacking off the last couple of days. I'll either get off the bus (en route to class) several blocks before my usual stop and walk the rest of the way, or head to the gym. Otherwise, not much going on. MIL will finally be transferred to a rehab place (after her 12-day stint in the hospital, which started just a few days after she was discharged for an 11-day stint), and my mother seems to be doing OK, so hopefully that will be that for awhile.

QOTD: I started working at age 13 in the summers (or for 2 or 3 summers, anyway) working in the cafeteria at the college where my father taught at the time. I also babysat occasionally. At age 16, I worked at a grocery store, then at 17 I worked in the men's department at a department store at the mall. I definitely liked that job more than the others.

B/MS: meal replacement shake, coffee with half & half

L: probably oatmeal topped with L&F creme brule yogurt

AS: skyr or protein muffin

D: ?? maybe a chickpea sandwich or something microwavable. Not in the mood to make anything

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 485 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 402 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views