What's on your Sunday menu?

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 4/16/23 1:51 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Thanks for the feedback. It hasn't so far that I can tell but I should knock on something for extra luck. It was one of the things my dietician suggested as calorie dense but apparently he's taking the chance of setting off the other stuff he should know about. Joy. :)

To be honest, I'm scared to eat or drink anything right now since everything hurts and I don't know what will set it off. So far I think artifical sweetners are a contributing factor, so unless I make a plain shake with unflavored powder, they all have fake sugars in them. It's sitting on my coffee table. I've been looking at it for hours. This one has a little sugar and monkfruit in it. Think I'll just keep drinking water for a while and then go for the banana.

But seriously, I'm testing to try and see what causes issues against a couple of assumptions since I've only been diagnosed with bile reflux so far. And your feedback helps. I'll dial it back on the peanut butter!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Amy Liz
on 4/16/23 2:10 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Fairlife shakes have no lactose and are sweetened with monk and stevia. I find them super easy to drink and I do not like protein shakes.

The first opinion Dr I got from my WLC said I had no reflux or hernia, my second opinion Dr found that I did and fixed them. I hope you are able to get to the bottom of this. Can you get a second opinion?

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 4/17/23 2:56 am
WLS on 07/15/22

At the beginning of this in March, I didn't have issues with the Fairlife or OWYN protein drinks, though I am out of Fairlife now. It's the past couple of weeks where there are issues with everything. I did drink the OWYN shake yesterday and it burned for an hour.

I can kind of get a second opinion through my PCP, and that's what I'm hoping to do. The reflux is real. I saw it in the photos...just feels like there's more going on, so I'll keep pushing and see about a CT scan. I might need to ask for a referral to a GI doctor, rather than a PCP or surgeon.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/17/23 10:17 am

I developed allergies to whey, milk proteins. One of the symptoms - GERD and slow sinus drainage that irritated my throat.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/16/23 1:07 pm

My cat was trying to get me up and feed her, but I had a bad headache so I would pet her, scratch her head and try to wait my headache out.

Keith finally got up and fed them, and I took some pain meds and I was able to get more sleep. My headache indicates some digestive issues. I think my SIBO is out of control again, and I need to Rx treatment. I hate them, because they mess me up for a few weeks, but I've been dealing with more gut pain, nasty gas, daily headaches ****il i have good BM) arthritis pain, fibromyalgia, etc. All over that is connected to...SIBO and Candida. It has been over a year since I had my last Rx treatment (very specific antibiotics), and it may be time. I need to contact my GI doc to see if they can send the script for that.

QOTD: work work work.. I think we are having a visitor or a few the whole week..so that's would be extra work for me. Ugh. I probably would have to joint them for a dinner or 2 during the week. Ugh..

Accountability: I was planning to fast all day yesterday but I made korean style chicken (Kevin's paleo RTE) and decided to have that on top of sautéed spinach. Later on I had an apple and some strawberries as a dessert.

Today:

Liquids...lots of them

Very late lunch: 3 HB eggs and 1/2 avocado. ( I only had 1/2 of that- another symptom of SIBO)

D. Not sure.. maybe some chicken.... ugh..

S: strawberries...maybe...

P.S. when my IBS gets bad, I often have problems properly digest veggies and some fruits. Even with taking digestive enzymes.

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Amy Liz
on 4/16/23 2:27 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

I hope your day gets better

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

White Dove
on 4/16/23 2:41 pm - Warren, OH

I bought a PetMate feeder. You put ice packs in it and 4 or 5 servings of catfood and set it to open a section at different times of the day. I am just getting it set up for first time today. Hoping I can get the cat from going crazy every time her dish is empty. Will let you know if it helps.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/17/23 10:19 am

My cat, Dewey would find a way to open all the boxes and eat it as he wished. we had a timer operated feeder- 2 sides. I watched him pry it open with ease. This cat is food motivated.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 485 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 402 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.