What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Amy Liz
on 4/14/23 7:26 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I am body by savory too, haha. I do like sweets, but I will pass on all the sweets over something salty everytime.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Sheila_H
on 4/14/23 8:54 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I wanna know about that 5 lbs Costco chocolate pb mousse cake. What did your family think of it? I didn't buy simply bcz of pb.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Dcgirl
on 4/14/23 9:29 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I served it to two other couples plus the kids. Everyone loved it. I sent the rest back with the kids. Their oldest sister who lives with friends, apparently claimed it. A massive fight ensued. So yeah, they were fans lol!

Queen JB
on 4/14/23 9:25 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I love the TJ cheeses too, but I stopped buying most except for the unexpected cheddar b/c I could be tempted to eat a whole wheel of brie by myself, haha!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 4/14/23 6:42 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Another team savory checking in here! I think you chimed in with some savory options when I was just out of surgery. ;)

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

catwoman7
on 4/14/23 5:45 am, edited 4/14/23 12:01 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

today will be kind of busy - DH wants me to meet him at the public library this morning to print off the quarterly reports from our accounts so we can drop them off at our financial guy's office in preparation for a meeting with him later this month. I also need to finish watching a movie for my film discussion group that meets at 12:30 today. My first film of the Wisconsin Film Festival is at 5:45 this evening - and inbetween I still have lots of catching up to do, because I spent a ton of time yesterday vetting lodging options in Sweden and Denmark (my July trip). I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy travel insurance (other than for the medical part). I bought my plane ticket through an agency. Unlike if I'd have purchased it through the airline (which would have been non-refundable...although I suppose they might let people slide if there was something like a death in the immediate family), with this ticket, I can cancel for any reason, but I forfeit $450. With lodging, I can limit my bookings to places where you can cancel with no penalty if you contact them something like 48-72 hours in advance, but the rooms are cheaper (by about $50 or so for the 3-4 night stay, which is how long I'll be staying in any one spot) if I choose their non-refundable option instead. So I need to find out what exactly the insurance policy would cover (e.g., the $450 I would forfeit for the plane ticket? 100% of the cost of the rooms if I choose the non-refundable option?), how much the policy would cost, and if it would be more than the $450 I would forfeit from the airline plus the extra $150 or so I'd be paying for the rooms in the three places I'll be staying throughout the trip if I go with the refundable rates. And then, of course, the chances that I'd have to cancel the trip (with the two moms, probably more likely than would have been the case in the past, but on the other hand, everything could be fine on this end). UGH. I hate figuring all this out... But on the surprisingly good side, hotel prices are actually pretty reasonable right now. Evidently the dollar is still very strong right now, even in Scandinavia!

QOTD: I don't go to TJ's that often even though I like it because the parking there is a real bear. I get most of my basics at Aldi's these days, and go to a regular store for things I can't get at Aldi's. As for what's WLS-approved, I get my non-homemade yogurt there (other than L&F), vegan "meatballs", and 35-calorie bread. I also (somewhat rarely) get things like their frozen breakfast sandwiches- like their Egg McMuffin things with turkey sausage, or these small half pitas stuffed with scrambled egg and cheese. I've also gotten frozen meals there that are WLS-friendly, but DH usually eats those long before I get around to them. I used to get their protein ice cream once in awhile (a Halo Top knock off), but i haven't seen it there in a long time. Oh - and their light "Cool Whip".

B: I'll try to hold off as long as I can and have a meal replacement shake, since I have that meeting at 12:30 - and we may not get our food until close to 1:00

L: I'm not crazy about the place she picked. It's sort of a traditional "supper club" kind of place with very mixed reviews. Not much on the menu I can - or want to - eat. I may get their "Caribbean salad" (with grilled chicken breast, pineapple, and mandarin oranges) or a grilled cheese sandwich or BLT.

D: probably skyr with cranberry/cherry compote and 2 T of Grapenuts

have a great day, everyone!

this is an old photo that popped up today on FB memories. It's one of my all-time favorite photos of two of our cats, Aytekin and Minik

Ha ha! I spotted this photo when I was looking for the cat photo. I used to crack up every time I drove by this thing when I lived in North Carolina and was going to visit a friend who lived in South Carolina. H.A.L.A.B. will recognize this...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/14/23 6:34 am

I was already in SC when I saw that. The leaf was not there so it looked to me like a butt. Real ass. Lol. I still think about it as "Gaffney Ass"

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

catwoman7
on 4/14/23 7:03 am
RNY on 06/03/15

that's what it always looked like to me, even with the leaf. A giant butt! (maybe they added the leaf so it'd look less "butt-like"? Doesn't fool me!!)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Queen JB
on 4/14/23 9:31 am
RNY on 07/20/15

We are the opposite--the Aldi parking lot is nuts 24/7 because it shares a parking lot with the mall and another even more popular grocery store. Surprisingly, the TJs one is much better because it's in a huge plaza next to the football stadium but no real popular stores around it!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Mkess
on 4/14/23 5:59 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Friday,

I have a final push today and should be able to enjoy the weekend tomorrow. It's a really busy day and I have every minute planned til midnight.

QJB - Your contribution to this forum is amazing. I also am a curious person, by nature. I thought you must have a list of QOTDs at the ready since they're always so good.

QOTD - From TJs, I love the cold brew concentrate even though it's stupid expensive. Favorites from last trip: Dried mango, shaved brussel sprouts, freeze dried strawberries, grilled olives, string cheese, garlic hummus, eggplant spread.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: BBQ Gumbo.

D: ?? Dinner & Open Mic with Paula. I asked her to pick the restaurant.

Pic 1: My most recent dog, BlackJack.

Pic 2: same picture of Chicago yesteryear and now

Pic 3: Favorite Frank Lloyd Wright interior. He came up a while back and it reminded me of this work.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 391 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 403 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.