What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Lisa91941
on 4/12/23 8:36 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Teenie
on 4/12/23 8:32 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

You're amazing. I was tired reading it. Hope you get some rest today, and a wine, you need one.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

lmfontana4
on 4/12/23 9:56 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Wow what an experience getting the grands to the airport on time. Very frustrating. I also dislike night driving since the line of sight is so much reduced, then driving in a different unknown location makes it worse.

I forgot about Cracklin Oat Bran-that is pretty tasty cereal.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

White Dove
on 4/12/23 5:27 am - Warren, OH

I don't like cereal and really don't like milk but will drink some type of milkshake type drink, made with lactose free milk and lactose free ice cream. Maybe once or twice a year. My breakfast is normally whole wheat toast and maybe a slice of Kraft American cheese. I also don't like eggs. I would not eat pancakes growing up, but when I was about 18 I tried some at Perkins and they were delicious. Nothing like the flat sour things my mother made. Sometimes I take the time to make myself one pancake for breakfast using 1/4 cup of Kodiak pancake mix and 1/4 cup of milk. At a restaurant I might order sausage, bacon, or ham with pancakes and take half of it home. I remember often stopping at a little store on my way to school and getting a Nestle Crunch bar and telling myself I had cereal for breakfast. The only way I liked cereal.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 4/12/23 5:29 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin folks. Hope all is well with you :o)

I have an appointment with the pain clinic to get my pump filled and to talk to the doc about a few things. I don't know if I mentioned it before so forgive me for the repeat if I did. Monday was the day I was supposed to be able to take the binder off. I did start the day with out the binder but the day ended with it on. At some point I sat down and noticed a bigger than usual bulge where the pump is. I looked and it was side ways and definitely not laying flat like 6 weeks in a binder should've done. Sooo. That's fun lol. Who knows what the solution is. Depending on the other issue who knows. I'm so blah over most everything. I did get pissed yesterday but it was much more controlled than it normally would've been normally.

Yesterday we got all but one of the a/c units in. My mom had to do the heavy lifting but I helped tape and place the. It was up to around 85 yesterday and this house retains heat waaaaay too well. It was needed. We also had to buy a new printer. My nieces and nephew are super into Pokémon and they had sets on clearance so we called my brother and he had us get a set for each...they happened to be in their colors! 3 for the cost of one the printer was also 40 dollars off on special. Sam's club can be great!

QOTD: I like to eat dry cereal. Things like the cheerios or what not. I don't care much for most sugary cereals. The last few times I had cereal with milk it made me very icky feeling and sick. It was with both almond milk and 2% milk.

B: oatmeal and coffee x2

the rest is unplanned.

Mel

lmfontana4
on 4/12/23 10:02 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Let us know how your appointment goes. Especially the urinary issues you are having. Good luck!

I am envious of the need for A/C. It was 26 degrees out this morning!

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Melody P.
on 4/13/23 2:28 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you! They pretty much brushed me off. Even though I reacted to this med orally this way. It's not common at all. All they did was refill the pump. It's a different concentration but the same dose as before. They just said to text the nurse in a week if the symptoms don't improve. I have to wear the binder indefinitely

Mel

Greateight
on 4/12/23 5:29 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Humpty Hump!

My endocrinologist appointment went well. My sugar was 77 at the beginning of the appointment, so I got the cookie and juice treatment. But more importantly my A1C was down a whole point and the doctor was very happy about that. I can stop the Glipizide and go back to Ozempic instead. She said to make sure that I continue to eat because the 2.0 will have an appetite suppressant effect. As if. Pretty sure that isn't going to be a problem.

I talked to her about my issues standing up and she wants me to test my blood pressure before and after standing. If there is too big of a difference she may adjust my blood pressure medication down. Definitely won't do that tonight but maybe over the weekend.

There is some backsliding from CSM on my sons fall schedule. I don't even have the strength to type it. Hopefully it resolves today.

This morning I have to lift and then this afternoon is Crossfit. Normally I lift 3x a week and go to 4 Crossfit classes. But while I am preparing for the June 3rd meet, I am lifting 5X and just going to 2 Crossfit classes. I try and do 2 of the lifting sessions at our Crossfit gym so that I stay connected to the community even though I am only in the class 2x. My goal for the meet is to score high enough so that I would qualify for Nationals as a 60 year old. Then I just need to hold on for a couple of years even if I do not get good enough to qualify as a 55 year old. 64 Kilo Snatch and 80 Kilo Clean & Jerk would do that. At this point, I feel pretty good about the Snatch and the Clean part of the C&J, less so about the Jerk.

Happy Hour tonight. We are getting a new shipment of Sparkling Wine in the next two days, so I think that I will open one of the existing bottles of sparkling in our fridge.

QOTD: In college it was Captain Crunch. But not a lot of cereal since then. Why mess around with cereal when you can go straight to Dunkin Donuts blueberry muffins?

Breakfast: Ham and scrambled eggs

Lunch: TBD

Dinner: leftover Ham

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Amy Liz
on 4/12/23 6:59 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Did Dunkin have a blueberry glazed cake style donut?

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Greateight
on 4/12/23 7:03 am, edited 4/12/23 12:04 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Oh yes! But remember when muffins were considered healthier than doughnuts?

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 492 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 228 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 120 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.