What's on your Wednesday Menu?

catwoman7
on 4/12/23 7:08 am
RNY on 06/03/15

just checked. Travelex also charges 50% more if you want the "cancel for any reason" option.

Allianz was the company that turned us down once, but it could be their premium policies cover more things - but the "cancel for any reason" option for them is $59, which is about the same as Travel Insured International (although if I have the whole trip covered, rather than just airfare/medical, $59 could be less that the 50% more that the other two companies charge...)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 4/12/23 7:15 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Interesting, I had cancel for any reason plus the required evacuation insurance for Antarctica with Allianz and it was 8%; I checked a few older trips and they were around 6% if the cost. But I do know the costs are tied to age bands and we might not be in the same band which could have an impact too.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 4/12/23 8:10 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

when I said 50%, I meant 50% of the cost of the insurance, not 50% of the cost of the trip. So if you went with a $200 insurance policy (for, say, a $2500 trip), but wanted to be able to cancel for any reason, some companies will charge you $300 instead of $200 ($200 base + $100 for the "cancel for any reason" option). But I try to find lodging that has generous cancellation policies (like no penalty if you cancel two or three days before your planned arrival date), which means I don't have to insure the whole trip....I'll just get enough to cover the things that have penalties if you cancel.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/12/23 5:03 am

Morning. I haven't finished my coffee yet so I'm not sure if it's good or bad.

QOTD: I was introduced to cereals when I moved to Canada then USA. I was trying to eat that first few years, but I think that's why I developed dislikes for breakfasts, and stop eating them.

When growing up in Poland - my mom hated warm milk as a child, and she was forced to drink it, so when we were children- we didn't have to drink it if we didn't want to. Growing up in Poland we didn't have cereals, Kellogg was all American. Typical breakfast was open face sandwich, or eggs, or other "real food like" items. Only in winter when it was cold my mom would try to fix us a hot breakfast (we always walked to schools).

Today I'm going to have a long working day. Ugh. I need to do payroll (my HR/payroll guy in on vacation), plus so many other things. I'll probably be stuck at wor****il 10. Ugh.

Still adjusting my new phone. It does some things but refuses to do others. I had stuff connected to my old phone, and the connections have to be restored. I.e. remote access to my car. It's getting warmer and it would be nice to cool it down during the day remotely when I have to run errands.

In SC - our weather is weird. I don't remember such a weird spring. Normally- spring gets warm/stays warm.

Accountability: almost perfect, but I ate my dinner salad too fast, not chewing it properly, and after that, I didn't wait long enough to see how full I got, and had a bowl of strawberries as a dessert. Ugh... I don't recommend. I woke up this morning with indigestion and a headache. In almost 15 years post op RNY you think I would know what not to do...right? I guess not. In Poland we have a saying "old and stupid". Basically in my culture older people should be respected because age=wisdom. So saying "old and stupid" is negating the "earned wisdom".

Today:

Liquids: Coffee, tea, water, electrolytes..

L: chicken and spinach, or brisket plus veggies

D: what I didn't eat at lunch

S: avocado, apple, maybe cheese...pickles...

Lot's of liquids today to wash the toxins from my bowels and the system. Probably some digestive enzymes, Probiotics, and stuff like that.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Dcgirl
on 4/12/23 5:18 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning! What a lovely post yesterday - I love it!

Not a whole lot to update here. Just working and living. I met a friend out for Indian last night and we shared everything and had leftovers so that's a treat! It was great to catch up on all the things.

QOTD: since I don't like sweets, the sugary cereals aren't appealing to me (though, I loved them as a child and my mom was the mom for whom honey nut cheerios were the sugariest thing allowed so I looked forward to sleepovers where we may get lucky charms or Apple Jacks!). Funny enough, I had never tried cream of wheat until February when I had to go onto a soft diet post marginal ulcer surgery. I love it! I make it with milk and salt and pepper it. Yum. I didn't even know that people added brown sugar to it since I prepare it savory!

B: a big iced coffee, leftover lentils and butter chicken and spinach

L: tomato soup

D: potato leek soup, or I may make ground turkey tacos actually. I'm trying to eat soft foods in solidarity with DH who had his wisdom teeth out but I may make the tacos anyway haha.

Have a fabulous day, everyone! Excited to hopefully hear from Amy!

Amy Liz
on 4/12/23 6:48 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I'm here - posted my update!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Lisa91941
on 4/12/23 5:25 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. I'm dating myself here, but yesterday I was OJ Stimson in a Hertz commercial. The grands flight got pushed back two and a quarter hours, and we planned accordingly. We gave ourselves 2.5 hours to travel 8 miles and go through the unaccompanied minors process. Right out the hotel I took a wrong turn. Got terribly lost, hit road construction, forced into detours, screamed like a crazy woman at Rog, almost hit a pedestrian, cut off at least two cars, cried at least once and slid into the Alaska drop off gate with just an hour to spare. Rog and the girls jumped out to start that process and I went off to find "central parking ". Found a space and then ran through the entire parking garage, and two terminals, including doing four sets of stairs two at a time, ran to check in to get my security pass, ran back to security and finally met back up with them. We were at the gate for less than 15 minutes when they boarded the girls. I retraced my steps and managed to find my car and eleven minutes later and only one almost accident, we were back at the hotel. All this after hiking around Boston and chasing the grands all around the Science Museum. My body hurts this morning. All kidding aside, I may need to consider giving up night time driving. I just have a horrible time discerning between all the lights and shadows.

Today we have nothing official to do until dinner with a friend and I may just cower in bed.

QoTD: I love Cracklin Oat bran but haven't had it in years.

Foods today are still up in the air. I'm at the point now where I can't wait to get back to the rig and roast a chicken and veggies or grill a pork chop. Good clean eating.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Greateight
on 4/12/23 5:33 am, edited 4/11/23 10:36 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Welcome to Boston driving! If only you were driving an overheight Uhaul you could have got the complete experience.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Queen JB
on 4/12/23 5:39 am
RNY on 07/20/15

#STORROWED

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Lisa91941
on 4/12/23 6:02 am
RNY on 10/29/19

#traumatized. The only real question is if I am more traumatized or Roger is.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 489 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 392 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 412 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 119 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.