What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Emiepie
on 4/12/23 6:50 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

John still eats spaghettiOs at least a few times a month-with franks.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 4/12/23 8:01 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

QJB - how big of a freezer do you have for all this dough? Or do you have a separate freezer just for your cookies? I'm asking simply because my freezer never has room and even when we go to Costco I have to mentally think if I have room for certain things in the freezer before buying them.

Thanks to all *****sponded to my dilemma about Fairlife proteins. I know your suggestion of laying it off for a couple of days was sage, but I was hoping there was another solution simply because I have bought a ton of them. So yesterday I didn't use them at all and no bloating. I might try them again in a couple of days to see if they are actually the culprits.

QOTD: Growing up where I did we had only the original Kellogg's. In my teens we got the frosted ones at the stores and we thought that was so fancy. When we wanted to do "American breakfast" we would have cereal but it wasn't an everyday thing. I remember my dad having cereal as his late night snack so in my head cereal was associated with late night snack. Imagine me coming here and seeing a while aisle of cereals. Eyes popped. Typical me I gravitated towards the Cocoa Puffs, but it didn't stick. With my kids I tried cereals as an easy breakfast before school but my kids were weird: they would put cereal in the bowl, milk in the cup and eat/drink them separately; they would eat dry cereal. So we gave up on that and became a bar for breakfast family. Neither of my kids eat cereal and to this day they have various breakfast bars for breakfast.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • TJ kebabs w/fage yogurt as dip
  • Jello, 3/4 of Lean bar (dang it, trying hard not to have protein bars during the week)
  • Skewer chicken with unexpected cheddar
  • E: cardio + weight

Happy hump day!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 4/12/23 8:21 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Cocoa Puffs make me think of the weird Halloween cereals like Boo-berry, Frankenstein-berry, yum.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 4/12/23 8:39 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

For me it was the chocolate taste that attracted me.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

lmfontana4
on 4/12/23 9:23 am
RNY on 03/24/21

QJB-wow, your cookie sheeter is a real time saver. Worth every penny since it reduced your prep time significantly.

Ever since I went to Montana to help my mom, I have been tired. You wouldn't think that 1 hour time difference would make that much difference in how you feel but I did continue to wake up at 5am (spontaneously) which is really 4am in my usual time zone. I did sleep in on Sunday. However, that just seems to make me feel more drowsy and tired. Go figure. I decided that I need to make sure I am getting in bed by 10pm. I think that will help since I have been going to bed later, which does seem to affect my energy level. Yesterday, I waffled back and forth about going to the gym to lift but finally convinced myself that I needed to go. It is too easy to give these things up. Anyway, I had a really good weight workout and was glad to have gone.

Today is a few meetings and paperwork per usual. Exercise is leg weightlifting workout and 60 min yoga.

QOTD: When I was younger, I was not a fan of cereal except Captain Crunch. I do like some cereal but would not eat it at this point since I do not feel it has much nutritional value. The exception is keto granola (when home or whatever granola a hotel has) added to my yogurt. So yummy with that crunch.

Accountability: Excellent. Although my head was trying to convince me that 2 extra squares of sf chocolate wouldnt hurt me. That is a slippery slope and an easy slide back into the old eating pattern. I stuck to my guns and ate per plan!!

Different day same meals.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/12/23 11:52 am

is where you are now higher level - Montana - what's elevation of the place you are now compared to home?

I live in SC and when I visit Colorado, I get really tired, and often can't sleep enough. Then one time my iron was low and I visited Colorado - I was winded after one flight of stairs. I never felt rested there when my iron was really low.

Now - when I travel to Colorado or other "higher elevation area" I try to exercise - brisk walking for 30-45 min for a couple of days and that often forces my body to adapt better and faster to elevation.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lmfontana4
on 4/12/23 7:46 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Montanas elevation is higher than where we are.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 391 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 403 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.