Hiatal Hernia Repair anyone?

jenncatty
on 4/9/23 7:39 pm - Allentown, PA

A few years ago I had stomach pains and they found I had a hiatal hernia. Lately I've had so much pressure and now some pain. I went to the ER on Friday and they said my pouch and anastomosis have herniated into my hiatal hernia. I have to call a bariatric doc tomorrow but it feels like it's getting worse. They said to come back if it gets bad, but I don't know how bad is considered bad enough to go back to the ER.

Has anyone had this? If so, did anything help or did you need surgery?

Thank you!

Mkess
on 4/9/23 8:41 pm
VSG on 08/09/21

I had a hiatal hernia, had surgery for it, had sleeve, and now have a hiatal hernia again.

Originally, my sleeve and hiatal hernia surgery were supposed to be at the same time. When the surgeon started, the hiatal hernia was so bad that her couldn't do the sleeve at that time. I had to wait three months to get the sleeve after that. I went for an endoscopy in the last six months and they saw a hiatal hernia again. It's not bothering me so I'm not taking action.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Grim_Traveller
on 4/10/23 7:52 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Doctors say most of us have hernias from being morbidly obese. They usually don't show up until we've lost a lot of weight, but it was the obesity that created them.

Many times they don't cause issues beyond occasional pain wile doing some unusual activity. But it sounds like yours could be a lot more serious. Don't be afraid of surgery if it's recommended. Hernia repair is fairly uncomplicated.

If the pain is worse, don't mess around. Get it looked at.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 485 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 402 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.