Happy Easter! What's your plans for the day?

Melody P.
on 4/9/23 12:59 am - Amarillo, TX

Wishing you all a wonderful day whether you observe Easter or not.

We are having a simple picnic. I made rice pudding last night and will make mac and cheese this morning. We're just doing hot dogs, sausage and sides. My mom bought a cake so at least I don't have to make that this morning. I'm not super into eating outside or outside in general. At least it won't be hot today! We have so many eggs to hide. My mom goes overboard every time. I wish I had a grandma like her :o) seeing her like this is pretty cool. It's what she wanted to do for us but couldn't on her own...her family didn't help either. Plus she was just born to be a grandma!

QOTD: since Easter is also one of the biggest candy filled dates...what's your preference on chocolate? Or do you prefer hard or gummy type candy?

I prefer a darker milk chocolate to just dark...I am not into the super dark stuff. I'll eat it but not a lot. I do like chocolate covered espresso beans! But my candy love tends to be with the non chocolate stuff. The only candy I eat on a regular basis is peppermint hard candy. Overall I don't get a lot of candy because kid have to eat it to not waste it lol

Enjoy y'all's day!!!

Mel

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 4/9/23 2:23 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Mel and weekend menuers!

That picture looks straight out of a nightmare. That's about how I feel about people touching me, anyway!

QOTD- All things dark chocolate, and the darker, the better. When traveling, I'll search for homemade, fancy flavored ones. The last were from Rye and Sandwich in the UK. Mmm.

I forgot today is Easter and that some shops would be closed. It was on my list to pick up some fence stays at Tractor Supply since the ninja cows have good memories and have returned. They're closed, so another day. Think the pharmacy is open for the ursodiol, though. I'll pick up a couple of things and stop by the bank while in town.

Yesterday I nuked a jar of Rao's chicken soup and took an hour eating everything but the noodles. It was delicious! Will probably do something similar today. No ham, which I do have in the fridge and will need to figure out.

I made a point to spend some time walking yesterday. Too much inactivity is no bueno, even after the 2.5 hour round trip to the vet to get old man's broken teeth checked. The vet said they can wait until his next cleaning, and to watch him for signs of pain. He's such a stoic dog, though. He doesn't show anything.

Today's menu is soups, protein shakes, and yogurt. Might try to get in a soft vegetable. It's been a while.

Cheers, everyone!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/23 3:32 am
RNY on 01/24/23

Hello Mel and weekenders

I have had a lovely Easter weekend, we went to the footy last night and stayed at a city hotel as a little staycation which was lovely! Also tried a few new foods which was needed.

QOTD: chocolate! I like it all except white chocolate. Dark is my favourite but with all my chocolate, it must be chilled! I look forward to trying a little chocolate at some stage again!!

Food: eggs and ham, pork San choy bau, toasted thin, protein drink, protein water, crisp bread

Have a lovely Easter Day.

Grim_Traveller
on 4/9/23 5:01 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Happy Easter all. We've vowed never to have company again. Yay!

I'm likely to eat a week's worth of calories today. Mashed potatoes, corn, and prime rib. Can't get any better than that.

Have a great day, and travel safely for those that are.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

catwoman7
on 4/9/23 5:51 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm not religious at all and haven't celebrated Easter in years, but I did just learn that it's actually Easter, Ramadan, AND Passover right now! (happens once every 33 years). So happy holidays to all the monotheists out there!

It's going to be warm today, so it may be the first day of biking season for me (I bike almost every day when the weather cooperates). It might be too windy this afternoon, though, so I'll get out later on this morning. Other than that, I plan to make asparagus soup and protein muffins today. And of course, continue to get caught up on all the crap I've managed to set aside these last few weeks.

QOTD: I like it all - milk, dark, and white. I'm really not crazy about any other candy - just chocolate.

B/MS: I think I'm just going to have a meal replacement shake this morning. Plus coffee and half & half.

L: chocolate "mousse" with raspberries

AS: L&F yogurt

D: chickpea spread on 35-calorie bread with tomato and cucumber slices, asparagus soup

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 4/9/23 5:59 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Sunday everyone and happy religious holiday of your choice!

I will be having ****tail hour and dinner at a friends so looking forward to that this afternoon, before then I will get in a rowing workout and a pilates session and fold some laundry so a pretty low key sunday morning at least!

QOTD - love a nice creamy milk chocolate

menu today is

coffee plus half and half X3

omlette

yogurt

ham with potatoes and asparagus, plus some molded jello

Have a great day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 4/9/23 6:06 am, edited 4/8/23 11:06 pm - Warren, OH

My family and friends celebrate. One of my friends posted pictures of the food she is bringing to her daughter's Easter dinner. A beautiful platter of deviled eggs, something called pea salad that looks good, and an orange and pineapple cake called Pig Picking Cake. I love that they are going to have a great time today.

It is a busy day for us income tax people and I will be working eight hours, then heating up a little ham steak and a sweet potato. I always work Easter and want to let some young person with kids be off. I get one Cadberry egg every Easter season. I already bought and ate mine a few weeks ago and could not even fini**** because it was so awfully sweet. I hope everyone enjoys their day no matter how they spend it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 4/9/23 8:17 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I was at a potluck a couple of months ago, and someone brought pig pickin' cake! I lived in the South for 10 years, but it was the first time I'd ever heard of it! It was actually really good!

White Dove
on 4/9/23 10:07 am - Warren, OH

I almost want to make one, but would need to give 90% of it to someone else.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 4/9/23 11:12 am
RNY on 06/03/15

yea same here - it'd be a dangerous thing to have sitting around here...

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 485 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 402 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views