What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Sheila_H
on 4/7/23 8:16 am, edited 4/7/23 1:52 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Happy Easter if you celebrate.

QJB - May I say I'm amazed at your icing prowess. These cookies come out flawless and obviously you can teach your art in a way that even a novice can learn how do it. I love making cookies but as soon it asks for icing on top, just a drizzle, I skip it because I make a mess. So I'm always impressed with all the decore on your cookies.

Not much happening for Easter with no kids at home. I saw the flyer where they'll have a green belt egg hunt for the neighborhood kids. It brought back so many memories; parents would go out early in the morning and hide the eggs, kids under 8 would come around 10:00, kids older around 12:00 and then there was a neighborhood potluck with a giant bunny showing up. I'm happy the tradition continues, we might show up just for the potluck part.

Edit: added a couple of pics of the green belt where the Easter egg hunts and parties take place. So much fun.

QOTD: I am so happy when people post about the books they love, because I add them to my list and nothing makes me happier than having a long list of books to read. I just finished "The liars' club", no idea *****commended it; it's an autobiography. I am also reading The Slough House series and enjoying them a lot. Another book I recently finished was "The marriage proposal" about Lucrezia deMedici, a sort of historical fiction/murder mystery. Haven't been listening to many podcasts except for Bearbrook that QJB recommended. Shows: Mandolorian, Sense 8, and planning to watch the night agent.

My meals yesterday: 1 day with no protein bars

• Coffee
  • TJ Chicken fajitas(1/2)
  • sf Lily's chocolate, Fage yogurt, jello
  • TJ chicken fajitas (the other half)
  • E: 5.75 miles wog

Happy Fri-yay!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 4/7/23 8:17 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Last year, some of the teen girls in my neighborhood launched a "egg hiding service" and they are doing it again this year. I think it's so fun.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 4/7/23 8:43 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I love the entrepreneurship. I might suggest it at the neighborhood potluck.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Queen JB
on 4/7/23 8:45 am
RNY on 07/20/15

A lot of my fellow cookie people do that--that have tiered pricing for the amount of eggs they will hide in the yard, and the high tiers include easter baskets with customized cookies that have the kid's name on it. I guess it's a big money maker but I had no desire to do it.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/7/23 11:34 am

Your cookies are to die for. I hope soon to order some for Keith. I don't eat cookies. Ugh. But he doest. Lol.

Our Easter is cool. As a catholic- I shouldn't have any meat on a Good Friday ..but screw that. I had the rest of the ribs from last weekend... and they were great. I had to make sure I didn't eat the bones... because they were as soft as the meat. First ever ribs better than mine. Ugh. Another reason to go there more often.. NC area..

Anyway,..

Qotd: too many to mention..

Accountability: whisky...ugh. it helps me but it hurts me...

Today:

Liquids....coffee, tea, water with electrolytes.. repeat...

L: ribs... too much food.. but great

D: Thai place for dinner... not sure.. ugh,

S: cheese and and an apple.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lmfontana4
on 4/7/23 1:07 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

QJB- beautiful cookies always. Even the person who came to your class did an awesome job. I hope you have a delightful dinner.

My mom was admitted to the hospital yesterday after her fu ortho Appt. The reason is intractable pain. The plan is a back brace, 3 night stay to qualify for Medicare to pay for acute rehab, PT/OT. So I will be heading back to home tomorrow after lunch.

I had a bad night last night with sudden onset of severe abdominal pain and nausea. The abdominal pain was a sudden onset and so bad I thought about calling 911. Funny thing is it happened when I had not eaten for 4-5 hours. I was finally able to Severn that it seemed to be related to peristalsis. I was wondering if I had something stuck or another internal hernia. It was bad and finally subsided after about 3 hours. I also wondered if I was FOS even though I do go poo but with the amount of fiber I take in it should be more. I am better today. Thank heavens. I even had to skip yoga.

QOTD: I just finished Find Her by Lisa Gardner. Just started Spare by Prince Harry which seems good so far. Stephen King is always a favorite. Most recent was one of the Mr Mercedes trilogy books. Reading nothing fantastic comes to mind. Watching GirlBoss on Netflix, I'm Sorry on YouTube TV, Barry

Accountability: excellent didn't get all my meals in due to Tummy trouble

Different day same meals

E: 60 mins hot yoga

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 4/7/23 1:55 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

That sounds like a terrible night, I'm so sorry. Glad it's improved for you today. Hope your mom is able to qualify for what she needs!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Emiepie
on 4/7/23 7:19 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Sounds very painful. I hope you're continuing to feel better today.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 391 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 403 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.