What's on your Thursday Menu?

Greateight
on 4/6/23 8:13 am
RNY on 08/29/18

They told me to just donate money because I am a fainter.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Amy Liz
on 4/6/23 8:30 am
RNY on 11/21/16

That is so funny that you like watching him get stabbed!! Great way to still give - thank you. I'll do that instead.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Partlypollyanna
on 4/6/23 8:29 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I swapped out dinner for one of the strawberry fairlife shakes. Very good, tasted like Strawberry quick back in the day...without the clumpy bits that come from not stirring it enough, lol. I'm glad you mentioned those!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 4/6/23 8:32 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Right?!! They are LIFE right now and will be after surgery especially. I have chocolate in my coffee right now and drinking the rest.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

catwoman7
on 4/6/23 6:01 am, edited 4/5/23 11:02 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I've been really slacking off on my classes lately because something had to give, so now I'm really behind on reading. I hope to do some catching up on some of that today. I'm also planning to head over to the gym this morning - and maybe read while I'm on the elliptical. We're going to our estate attorney's office annual banquet tonight (he's retired now, but the firm lives on. We have a new attorney assigned to us - a young woman probably fresh out of law school. I hope she'll be OK since our original lawyer was one of the top estate attorneys in the state. However, he created our plan (although a lot of it is probably boiler plate), so she'll basically just be modifying it as laws change (or our wishes change) - so we should be fine, I think...). Tomorrow we are headed down to Chicago for the day (unless we get really tired and decide to stop for the night somewhere). I'm meeting a couple of cousins at Manny's (an old-timey Jewish deli that was featured on a documentary I saw recently on how traditional Jewish delis are disapearing, so of course I just HAVE to go there since I happen to love traditional Jewish delis!). Afterwards we're going to the main Chicago Public Library to work on...what else...family history (these two are HUGE genealogy people). One of my cousins is past-president of the Chicago Genealogical Society, so she has lots of connections. We'll be working with one of the archivists who has prepared lots of "stuff" for us, including a turn-of-the-century cookbook from the church that my great grandparents and other relatives were founders of. Of course me being me, I'm most interested in this cookbook - I'm hoping I can photocopy some of the recipes - but worst case scenario, I can always just write down the ones that look particularly interesting. Hopefully my great-grandmother contributed to the book - and that whatever she might have contributed looks appealing. I think it'll be fun to have some old family recipes!

QOTD: I've never posted on Instagram but used to follow some political writers on there until Elon Musk took over. I've since deleted my account. Fortunately, some of the writers, such as Jennifer Rubin, are now posting on Post News, so there's that (although I also subscribe to the WaPo, so I can follow her there as well...). I've never been on TikTok and I've never watched zillions of popular TV shows since I really haven'****ched TV in over 30 years - other than if there's something really big on (like election returns) or if I'm in a hotel bored out of my gourd.

B: might just have a protein shake. Already had coffee (with half & half)

MS: plain skyr with cranberry/cherry compote

L: cottage cheese with fresh fruit (kiwi, banana, mandarin oranges)

AS: protein bar

D: I think they're having chicken at the banquet, so that. We're going to skip most of the ****tail hour since wait staff walks around with trays of fancy appetizers. They're great, but I'm better off without them, esp since the dinner will be heavier than what I'm used to.

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 4/6/23 6:54 am
RNY on 02/14/18

They might let you take pictures (no flash) of the cookbook. I do that a lot and I think it's less damaging than photocopies and easier than hand writing it all.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/6/23 7:27 am

I was going to suggest that - taking pictures of the pages.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

catwoman7
on 4/6/23 7:51 am
RNY on 06/03/15

yes - perfect idea! I'll do that.. Thanks!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Mkess
on 4/6/23 6:12 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and it's a not so happy Fri-yay(so far,)

My Dad was rushed back to the hospital in the middle of the night. He pulled out his vent and was found unresponsive. I'm at the hospital, waiting for him to be stabilized enough for visitors.

On the flip side of the coin, my meeting with the food therapist went very well. I'm so grateful that I found someone and he seems like he will be of great help. He gave me a regular appt time. Also, heading to see David Cross tonight, if I am able to. I'm going with my baby cousin. I extended an invite to him since he's now old enough to attend 21+ shows.

QOTD - I never actually skied. I made two attempts and they didn't work out. I can snowboard though.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: ?? Some lunch on the go. PP?

D: Going to have to play it by ear. I have lamb chops marinating in the fridge and roasted cauliflower last night.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 4/6/23 6:54 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Oh no, hope your dad stabilizes quickly. That sounds terrible.

Glad you have someone to work with on food! It's hard to find the right partners on the medical side who are responsive.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 391 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 403 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.