What's on your Wednesday Menu?

White Dove
on 3/1/23 6:00 am - Warren, OH

I would love to go to the future. Not just ten years, but 100. By then we will have made contact with alien lifeforms and we will probably have a way to communicate with the spirits of people who are deceased. We will have cures for most of the disease that currently ruin lives. People will no longer let religious zealots control their lives. Wars will be over and the world will live in peace and everyone will have health and all of the resources that they need. People will be kind and happy and treat others with respect and dignity.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Greateight
on 3/1/23 6:16 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I hope so, Mary. But people were saying the exact same words in 1900 and we got Verdun instead.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Grim_Traveller
on 3/1/23 6:33 am
RNY on 08/21/12

It's a wonderful thought WD. But human nature doesn't change. I'm not sure any sort of utopia awaits.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

White Dove
on 3/1/23 7:02 am - Warren, OH

When I was a teenager, I thought WWII and the holocaust was so horrible that the world would change forever and it get better. I was wrong about that and know that human nature will not change. Maybe there will be a heaven where my fantasy will happen.

Sheila_H
on 3/1/23 8:08 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I love your positive outlook.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

catwoman7
on 3/1/23 6:11 am
RNY on 06/03/15

yikes! I started reading these but need to make it a drive-by for now instead. I need to eat breakfast and then head over to an 8:30 water aerobics class. Will come back later...

Last weekend I volunteered to help the sister of my friend who died pack up and clean out his condo. She thanked me for the offer, but told me that she had 2-3 friends of his coming over every day to help, so she should be OK. But she emailed me yesterday and said two of them won't be coming today, so she wondered if I could come over this afternoon to help. So of course I told her yes. I'm kind of dreading doing this because the place is a huge mess (I was over there on Sunday - she wanted me to pick out some things of his that I wanted before they pack the rest of it up and haul it off somewhere). Evidently it's still a work in progress. I don't know how far they've gotten, but it looked like a daunting job when I last saw it (reminded me that I need to go through some of my own stuff and get rid of things I no longer need - I went through my parents' houses when 1) my father died and 2) my mom moved into a senior apt, and in both cases it was a nightmare. I don't want to put anyone through that when I kick the bucket or have to be moved into assisted living or nursing care). But anyway, ugh. But I know what I'd feel like if I were in her situation, because I've been there. And she lives in Washington DC and I know she wants to go back home sometime, so she's going to need all the help she can get. So...I'm going. So that plus water aerobics is pretty much my day today...

QOTD: I'll have to give this some thought - because I'm thinking it's both and neither at the moment!!

B: I may just have a protein muffin while en route to the pool, since I dont' have much time. Coffee with half & half (already had)

MS: I may have what I originally planned to eat for breakfast - plain skyr with fruit

L: 1-2 chicken skewers with satay sauce

AS: I'll take a protein shake with me to the condo

D: ???

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 3/1/23 7:04 am - Warren, OH

I am currently sorting through things and just amazed at how much I can accumulate and never use. I try to edit things once every year or two.

catwoman7
on 3/1/23 10:26 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I need to start doing the same. We have boxes in our attic and basement that we haven't unpacked since we moved here 25 years ago. After 25 years of not even knowing what's in the boxes, do I really need them anymore? Plus I have piles of books, magazines, clothes - I bet I could pitch 75% of this stuff and not even notice that it's gone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teenie
on 3/1/23 7:05 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

Good to hear the baking business is moving right along.

Yesterday I went for a wellness check at my PCP and I think he was a bit disappointed in my weight, I am too. I got to get back to daily exercise and I did do 1/2-hour elliptical last night. They also had me do an x-ray on my shoulder and they are seeing arthritis. I have a chiropractor appointment on Saturday morning and will see what kind of treatment they recommend. Mom had her wellness appointment too. I schedule them together so that it is easier on me, and I can go in with her and make sure she is not lying to him. I asked if she should still be driving. He said if I take her independence she will quickly deteriorate. I am just so worried after seeing all the scrapes and dings on her car. Then she says she didn't hit anything. Such a struggle. But he did say since she is staying in town not doing highways and they are just fender benders I have no need to worry. She has insurance and they keep insuring her, so be it then. I do not want to be the one driving her to her activities and it would kill her to not be able to bowl and play cards.

I am taking my work husbands calls for the rest of the week. Just hope things are slow. I need to run to Aldi to grab a few things I need to make braised beef shanks for tomorrows dinner. I am going to braise the oxtail right along with them.

QOTD: This is hard 10 years in future I would be retired, and it is what I want more than anything at this time in my life. However, 10 in the past I have some things I'd like to have a do over on. I can't decide at this time.

Accountability: Spot on. (of course, I had a doctor tell me to shape up)

TSS: 5 years 2 month 18 days 161.8 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Twix Coffee Mate

MS: L&F creme brulee Greek yogurt. and berries.

CB: Coffee with SF Twix Coffee Mate

L: Chicken Fajita inners, snack selects

D: flank steak w/chimichurri sauce and roasted Brussel sprouts

Exercise: Not yet but it is supposed to get above 60 so I want to do my normal run route. Not sure how fast I'll be I just hope to finish under 1 hour.

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use Miralax and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 3/1/23 7:47 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sorry about having to make hard decisions about your moms driving. Several years ago we had to make that decision for my MIL. She isn't that old but her vision is very bad and it was only a matter of time before she hurt herself or someone else.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 392 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 409 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.