What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Teenie
on 2/15/23 6:55 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Trish,

You been on the weight loss medicine for a month or so now. Is it not working as well as it did in the beginning. Jen's "Choose your hard" comment really hit home with me yesterday. I am going to tape it on my full-length mirror just to remember what I need to do.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 2/15/23 10:45 am
RNY on 06/03/15

yes - your body gets used to meds after awhile, so the effect is less. But i can't stay on this forever, so I need to know how to stay within my calorie range for times when I don't have a "crutch".

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

GracielaSusana
on 2/15/23 6:56 am - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

I have a hurricane rated garage door. They are extremely heavy and require special springs, tracks and lifting mechanism. I wonder if those would work for yours.

catwoman7
on 2/15/23 10:46 am
RNY on 06/03/15

good to know - and maybe! i emailed the person who was here yesterday to ask about springs (and also, in response to what Grim said above - to see if ordering a spare set would allow us to hang on to the door for a few more years)

Mkess
on 2/15/23 7:32 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Kugel? That's not something you randomly hear often. What type of kugel and did you use a handed-down recipe? Or better, do you no longer use a recipe because it comes so naturally?

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

catwoman7
on 2/15/23 10:54 am
RNY on 06/03/15

lokshen kugel - so the sweet kind. I've made it a handful of times - so not often enough to not at least refer to a recipe. The last time I made it (about a month ago), I used the recipe in "Joy of Cooking" - I think other times I've found recipes in old Bon Appetit or Gourmet magazines (although I also have a couple of Jewish cookbooks and a deli cookbook (that has recipes from delis like Katz's and Carnegie) - so it may have come from one or more of those). The last one I made had raisins and a topping of brown sugar, butter, and walnuts. I think I might put canned crushed pineapple in this one I'm making for Friday (along with the raisins). I'd thought about doing a cornflake topping rather than walnuts - not sure what I'll do with that yet (I use recipes more as guidelines - don't always follow them exactly...)

my great grandmother made kugel - I'm sure she just threw it together like she did so many things. I wish I had some of her recipes (she lived until I was 16 years old, so I knew her well) - although they were never written down. Neither my grandmother or my mother liked cooking and did as little as possible, unfortunately.

Dcgirl
on 2/15/23 1:22 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I'm a savory noodle kugel gal! Eggs and eggs noodles and salt. No sweet! But I know that's a thing for a lot of people.

catwoman7
on 2/15/23 4:30 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I've seen recipes for that and want to try making it sometime!

Mkess
on 2/15/23 4:49 pm
VSG on 08/09/21

My family does a sweet kugel for holidays. Off the top of my head, egg noodles, butter, a little sugar, raisins, apricot preserves, beaten egg & mixed bf pouring onto noodles.

I like cornflakes on top but prefer the browned crunchy top of the noodles in contrast to the rest of the texture of the layers.

Funny story - my Grandma was telling my great aunt over the phone directions for this recipe. My great aunt wrote everything down and called back after making it, suspecting something was off. My grandma had told her to scramble the egg instead of beating the egg. My great aunt made scrambled eggs and mixed that with evening instead. Communication fail.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Emiepie
on 2/15/23 5:44 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB- maybe a big bite? Yesterday was productive and I spent too much time in excel workbooks. Em got me a nice bouquet of flowers which was a surprise.

QOTD: The afternoons have been sunny and nice with temps around 65-ish but low temps have dropped for us and right now it's 29. I know that's not cold for most of you but it's cold for me.

Menu

TSS: 8 years 5 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: P3 pack, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Not sure yet, maybe tuna lettuce wraps

ES: Greek yogurt and toast with carbmaster bread

E: PT after work, treadmill time

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 493 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 228 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 120 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.