What's on your Wednesday Menu?

GracielaSusana
on 2/15/23 5:04 am - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

QOTD: Weather this year has been normal except for one really cold morning, it usually warms up quite fast so by noon it's back to the 70' s. Year before last was cold by our standards, stayed pretty chill in the mornings for a month!

JB sounds like the pain could have been an insect or maybe nettles. I brushed up against a caterpillar once that was extremely painful, but I knew when I did it, it was one with very soft hairs all over it.

Today I hope to get to Costco. I need premade premier shakes, especially the coffee flavored. Although if there is anything better to do .... Costco is always so very busy here. Got my dryer vent cleaned, although the restriction was due more to a kink in the dryer hose, but the man replaced that. Pain doc went as expected. I feel so fortunate that I found a good one, I really hope that Melody will be able to get relief. It is so difficult to find someone who will adequately treat you

Menu. Hoping to get Hubs to take me for a late breakfast before the Costco run. Other than that, it's going to be leftover spaghetti. I need to just go ahead and freeze the rest as I am very tired of it

Mkess
on 2/15/23 7:28 am
VSG on 08/09/21

What's on your Costco list besides PP? I also buy the coffee flavor and get them from Costco. I'm waiting for them to go on sale again. Currently, $33.99 at my Chicago Costco.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Sheila_H
on 2/15/23 8:57 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I know you didn't ask me but I am a frequent Costco shopper and I usually get the following:

• chicken skewers (QJB would disagree with me, but these are a staple on my menu)
  • Chicken bites (they come in little containers and I use them as my protein when I make cauliflower rice)
  • lots of cheese
  • cheese crisps
  • beef jerky and chomps (beef jerky is not always the best choice due to the sugar amount, so it's a hit and miss depending on the brand)
  • eggs (so much cheaper at Costco nowadays)

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Amy Liz
on 2/15/23 9:01 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I didn't like the skewers at first, but now I love them. The bites too.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

catwoman7
on 2/15/23 10:18 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I used to get those skewers a lot but then the price went way up. I keep looking for a sale so I can stock up but...they haven't been on sale in ages. I should just bite the bullet and buy them. They're very convenient and a great protein choice.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Mkess
on 2/15/23 3:21 pm
VSG on 08/09/21

Big fan of the skewers but totally burnt myself out on them after 9 months. I couldn't force myself to finish the last package.

I have gotten carried away with the cheese and cheese crisps previously. I have 2lb of fresh mozz in the fridge right now. Caprese salads were the intention.

I've found a couple decent jerky options but stopped buying that due to the cost. I just looked - Pacific Gold 12 individual bags. 90 cal, 5 fat cal, 8g sugar, 14g protein. $22.

Great idea for eggs. I'll check that out. I haven't considered the chicken bites so I'll be ok the lookout.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Sheila_H
on 2/15/23 4:28 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Man after my own heart...caprese salad. Nothing more wholesome.
I agree, beff jerky is expensive. This was my absolute favorite (zero carbs) jerky, but now the price for a 16 oz bag is just outrageous.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

lmfontana4
on 2/15/23 8:49 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I have been using the Costco ordering service at times to save me a trip. If you plan a little ahead, you can get your drinks delivered to your house per mail/FedEx. It usually is there in about 2-3 days. No shipping costs either when I have done it.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Mkess
on 2/15/23 3:31 pm
VSG on 08/09/21

That's awesome. Aside-why do young people say things 'slap?' Aren't there much better expressions to describe approval like.. Groovy, that rocks, word, awesome, cool, etc. Rant over.

catwoman7
on 2/15/23 5:13 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

UGH - I lost my somewhat lengthy post. This is so annoying! I'm not sure if it's Windows 11 (which I've decided I hate), or this computer. Well, hopefully it won't happen again!

the garage door is fixed! The guy replaced some rusty bolts and a pulley that was loose (which was what was causing the problem). Sadly, he said we should plan on replacing that door sometime within the next year. It's original to the house (so 70 years old), and he said although it's a great door, it's going to get harder and harder to find parts for it - as well as people to fix it. He and his business partner now are in their 60s and have been dealing with garage doors for 40+ years - so they know old doors (in fact, he can tell which company made my door by the hardware on it - he said they made garage doors built like battleships - but unfortunately they're no longer in business). I know this means it's probably time. We first called them 25 years ago because some other company we used previously (to replace the springs many years ago) told us to replace the damn thing. When Pat (or Phil) came out (to give a second opinion) - they said no way. That was a great door and we'd never find one like that again. So if THEY say it's now time to replace it, then it's time to replace it. Boo. Oh well. At least we'll have it for a few more months, anyway!

not much going on today. I have class at the university at 4:00, and I'm going to go to Aqua Zumba this morning at 9:00. I'll hit the grocery store afterward. I'm planning to make kugel for a party on Friday night. I'm hoping the snow they're calling for tomorrow won't affect the party, which is kind of out in the country, because the last thing I need is an entire kugel sitting in my refrigerator. Although I've heard they freeze well... (won't be an issue if the party is still a go, since most of it will get eaten).

which leads me to....the QOTD: we've had a mild winter again this year, save for a handful of days. We had one semi-big snow (about 5"), and they're calling for another one of those tomorrow. Then we've had a handful of days that were really cold. Otherwise...?? Nope. Mostly temps in the 20s and 30s and not much snow. Winters for the last 10 years have mostly been like this (except two that I can remember - the polar vortex winter, and one when we got 100" of snow - which is unheard of for south central Wisconsin (normal snowfall here is 30-40" a year)). It's nothing like it was when I moved here 40 years ago, when we'd routinely have about a two-week stretch of below zero weather in late January.

I'm up three pounds this morning (my weigh day). So disappointing. I know I've been eating more the last few days, but certainly nowhere near an extra 10,500 calories - so I assume most of this is water. I'll check the next couple of mornings to be sure it's coming down. But still - I need to get back to the straight and narrow. I've worked too hard to take off a few pounds to just put them back on again!

B: plain skyr with berry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: salad with chicken breast strips and light dressing

AS: protein muffin

D: chicken salad

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 490 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 228 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 120 views