What's on your Wednesday Menu?

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/15/23 12:33 pm

work interferes with my sleep. ugh. I finally got up at 7 am. Had my hormones with coffee.. and when I started my second coffee I got a severe nausea, I was dry heaving (scaring my cat on my lap) took a pill for it, then dry heave some more, took another pill 15 min later. Then the gut pain started. ugh. first screaming with pain, then just slow shallow breathing ...while on my knees with my fists into my gut. Keith gave me my "cramps" pills, so I took 4, and eventually, 15 min later, the excruciating pain went mostly away. I'm probably constipated, so no solid foods today or tomorrow. Liquids only. Last time i was in that much pain was over a year ago. ugh.

I still had to go to work, even though I normally don't drive after to many nausea or cramps pills. But I had a project I needed to work on. I'll leave early, and once at home I take more Miralax. I hate my guts sometimes. O well.

QOTD: temperature wise typical SC winter, but with much more rain. We even have thunderstorms. That's not a typical SC winter. We get thunderstorms in spring - summers, but winters?

Eats today will be just liquids. I still have app 20 lbs extra on my frame, so I'm not going to die today from starvation at this time.

I also need to get more electrolytes and sodium. I've been neglecting that.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/15/23 2:18 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Oh geez Hala, that sounds just terrible. Hope the liquids have given your system a chance to rest. I'm sorry you're dealing with this.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/23 2:29 pm
RNY on 01/24/23

So sorry that is happening to you. Why is this occurring? Did you have a recent issue? (Sorry new and learning everyone's story :))

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/16/23 11:21 am, edited 2/16/23 3:32 am

I have IBS-C (IBS with constipation) due to SIBO and Candida (google that). Plus I'm on pain meds and muscle relaxants for my back and SI joints issues. So my gut motility is really low (food doesn't move fast enough through my intestines). Unfortunately that can cause the food just sitting in my small intestines, causing local blockage. Gas builds up and the pain can be horrible. Like "take your breath away" pain. I have meds for that, sublingual, but they just stop the twisting and pain, but they do nothing to move the food down.
I practice IF - intermittent fasting, and I don't eat any foods until at least 6 hours passed from me getting up, and drinking at least 60 oz of liquids (coffee, tea, water, etc.). I'm very sensitive to that, and I often know when the "food" or leftovers are start accumulating in my guts. (some people call that - "being full of ****"). I had really busy last 3 weeks, with a lot of early meetings, late nights, so I just ignored the signs, and just ate less... To correct issue like that I need to take more laxative stuff - like Miralax, and spend some time in the bathroom for 2 days. But.. I was too busy... So it caught up with me.

I have to follow a very light diet, take digestive enzymes, and this weekend I'll try to get that resolved (AKA - getting rid of the ****). So.... ugh.
PS: his week I ate bunch of nuts - hazelnuts. I absolutely love them, but I get a lot of gas from them.

Last night - to help the issues - I just got drank on whisky. Though it doesn't take a lot to get me drank/ 2 shots and I'm out.. Things are moving today, definitely moving.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

catwoman7
on 2/15/23 4:36 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

oh I hate that - I go through that occasionally, too. It's horrible!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Emiepie
on 2/15/23 4:56 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Oh no! Feel better soon.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 392 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 409 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 119 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.