What's on your Tuesday Menu, Valentines?

Emiepie
on 2/14/23 7:28 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/14/23 2:37 pm

Take it easy re running. I had to stretch exercises for your ankle as it healed, to limit scar tissue forming. It hurt, but eventually I regained a full range of motion. But the whole process took app 1 years. From injury to full range with no residue pain, no swelling after exercise or walks, etc. I chose not to get surgery, but i got many acupuncture appointments with needles with current attached to them. Fun times.

Hope you get a total recovery.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Emiepie
on 2/14/23 7:30 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Thank you, I do try and remind myself that this all will take time but I do get impatient sometimes.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 2/14/23 6:02 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Keep your gold, those ^ are the nuggets I prefer! Happy to hear you had a good night sleep. I did not. I was tired, but had the bright idea of iced coffee after dinner. It was delicious and I ended up thinking about it about it all night long, literally. Today should be a good day, no deadlines or meetings - nice! My rib is feeling well enough to actually style my hair today, no pony/bun. We have a vet appt for Bubba-Gus kitty - he is a 2 person job to bring in as he is a big, sad, crying baby that wrecks my heart every time. It's his annual appt. He is 16 and eats like a horse but is still loosing weight so they will need to up his meds, plus his diabetes so that will cost us in labs for sure. A few shots and hopefully that is all.

QOTD - I totally forgot it was Valentines day even with all the flower stands everywhere! I would rather Rob make dinner and light a fire than flowers or gifts. The vet appt is late today, so we may get take out which would be prefect. I usually bring him candy/special dessert he loves but he is watching his calories so I will have to think about that.

Accountability - great

b- coffee x 4, my egg bites

l - tuna, chopped salad, lite mayo, onion, dill pickle seasoning

d - ? Hopefully take out tacos!

s - tomatoes

Have a wonderful day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/14/23 12:33 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Aww, the night coffee got you! Hope the appointment went well, and that you get your night in with the hubs!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Teenie
on 2/14/23 6:19 am, edited 2/13/23 10:20 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

Thanks so much for starting us out every morning QJB. And everyone coming back and posting has been a great treat. Glad to see everyone.

QOTD: I am making Dinner and I plan to take a walk tonight since the weather is so nice.

Accountability: I had 2 tangerines and 1 squirt of Salted Caramel whipped cream.

TSS: 5 years 2 month 3 days 162.2 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF chocolate caramel Coffee Mate

MS: Light and Fit creme brulee Greek yogurt and berries.

CB: Coffee with SF chocolate caramel Coffee Mate

L: crockpot pizza and snack select

D: Beef tenderloin and roasted cabbage wrapped in bacon and some green beans.

Exercise: Going after work

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use Miralax and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great Valentine's Day my friends.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

lmfontana4
on 2/14/23 7:43 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Happy Valentine's Day to Everyone!

Yesterday I ended up not getting in my makeup yoga class for my 30 workouts in 30 days challenge. I went to the yoga studio but as I was the only yogi who showed up for class the class was cancelled. They do that for safety reasons. So, I need to still get that makeup class in to meet the challenge goal. I will try again either Friday or Monday. Today's plans are in the office for work and my workout this evening. I have my 2-year surgiversary coming up in March with an annual appointment with the bariatric ARNP and Nutritionist scheduled. I went this morning to have my fasting labs drawn. It was nice that he lab actually opened up at 6:30 am so I was able to get them drawn on the way to work.

QOTD: No plans for anything to celebrate the day. I did give DH a gift, same for kids.

Accountability: On track

B: triple zero greek yogurt, berries and keto granola, cold brew with half n half

L: Asian chicken salad with light sesame ginger dressing

D: Summer berry salad with chicken, light poppy seed dressing

S: protein frosty, 6 squares sf chocolate

E: 60 min yoga

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/14/23 12:34 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Yay to any medical place with accessible hours. Fingers crossed for good lab results!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/14/23 1:00 pm

some of my labs needs to be done before 8am. I can drag myself there at 7 or 7:30 am. I'm on hormones (cortisone) so without them - I feel horrible. A couple of time Keith too k my keys and rove me to an appointment. Apparently after walking into a door frame, then a wall, he really did not want me to be behind a wheel. That were the days or reported "0" cortisone levels...(morning level below 15 indicate issues, below 8-10 - significant issues). This year I managed by myself, cortisone was whooping 2, and T4 0.5 .

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/14/23 7:51 am

Good Morning.

QOTD: I was planning to have another long day working when one of my reps reminded me that it VD today and that MAYBE i should get home to my Keith. Ugh. He is right. Keith understands that I work crazy hours in December -March, but I think I should surprise him with sushi for dinner (Publix or Sam's). We already exchanged cards and I got flowers, but... I know he would appreciate that.

I have acupuncture today (this is my treatment for VD) and then I get back to work and work for a while. Conf call at 4.

beside that - I'm just tired. I'm not sure if I'm absorbing the thyroid hormones, so I plan to start taking them before bed. Studies show that people numbers improved much more when they take them in evening.

In another news, I probably would take Keith for a celebratory dinner or lunch on Sunday. He got a great job offer, and he accepted it. He is going to be making real money. And its 100% remote, so no more lagging computers back and forth, 2-4 x a week, plus other stupidity he is dealing with. I'm happy for him. He likes his current job, but he is not compensated for the work and effort, and his experience.

My eats:

B: coffees, tea, water

L: probably late lunch, something I can eat at my desk as I'm working. Or maybe I take something and eat in teh car as I am returning from acupuncture

D: something with Keith at home.

We hate going out on Valentine day. Our celebration is the weekend before or after, and we go to a local comedy dinner theater. The only 3 years we didn't was 2 years covid and the 3 year they asked you for a bunch of documents and crap. (documents re vaccinations boosters, etc) So we just skipped. This year is back to normal.

They are real people who make comedy shows based on SC livings. As local as you can get. Belly laugh guarantee. Food is also very "local like". Once we took a Canadian friend of mine to the show. One of the our joys was watching her face when we told her that the show is very real, and we have people acting and behaving exactly like that in the area...

For anyone who visits Greenville, SC - is a great place to have a good time.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 392 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 409 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.