Welcome to Sunday, Menuers!

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/12/23 4:06 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Happy Sunday, folks.

Today will be a quiet day for me. My family left at about 7 yesterday morning and I'm taking a lot of care.

My neighbors also came to start taking the wood they want from the tree I had taken down last year. I can't believe I'm so excited about empty space in my yard.

Today I realized that my middle vision is blurry and has been since I got home. Anyone else have blurry vision after surgery?

QOTD- What's the strangest thing you've ever had in your vehicle?

Accountability- so much yogurt yesterday. Also, part of a slice of whole grain bread.

Exercise- More walking. The gas is improving a lot and my shoulders hurt less! My big incision is making itself known and it's in the perfect place to be in the way, so still taking it easy.

Menu - Leftover crab cake, yogurt, something with egg salad. Might make a breakfast casserole if I have the energy.

Cheers, everyone!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

catwoman7
on 2/12/23 4:34 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

I don't think I've ever had blurry vision after surgery - I hope it goes away soon! Not something you want to have to worry about after a surgery! Actually, I just googled it - it's not uncommon! It usually lasts 24-48 hours. Here's the link:

https://tinyurl.com/3sthb89h (you may have to do SHIFT-click to get it to open)

we're hoping to meet "the moms" for coffee later this morning - as long as we're not dealing with icy sidewalks and parking lots again (they're both understandably hesitant about these...). Other than that, I've GOT to finish the book we'll be discussing in my book discussion group tomorrow morning. I also need to do some reading for classes. SO...typical day!

QOTD: I'm sure I've kept some weird stuff in my car before, but nothing in particular is coming to mind at the moment. I'll circle back when I think of something

D: plain skyr with fruit compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake, and either more coffee or an iced latte at the coffee place

L: salad with chicken strips and light dressing

AS: hummus with baby carrots

D: pulled pork

have a great day!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/13/23 3:21 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Thanks! I did some reading on it yesterday through your link and others. Weird, but not unheard of!

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Melody P.
on 2/12/23 5:16 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone, thanks for getting us started!

First up thank you to everyone who took the time for birthday wishes! 98% of it was pretty good so I can't complain. The only bad going to happen was the Thai food made me feel rather ill for a little bit. It's time I learn it's a mostly off limits food genre. Go**** tasted amazing though. LOL. My brother is coming over today with his family so we'll doing that. I decided to just get a tres leche cake, a very small one, for today. This way I didn't have to make a dessert. The leftovers get sent home with the kids.

I've got to make about 4 more pendants today then I will have a box ready to send Monday for my friend. I've decided to save up for a new iPad. Mine is on its way out. I'm kind of bummed I won't be able to afford another pro one but I technically really don't need it. I'm just a gadgetholic. I don't have a working computer either but I use my iPad way more. Why can't money grow on trees?

Gratitudes.

knowing I'm loved

a hug from my mom

vistaril...again LOL

QOTD: hmmm not sure I've had all too strange of stuff. Does picking cacti needles out of my rear in a back seat count? Hahaha

food so far has been oatmeal and coffee

a pic of the bracelets, one necklace and 31 inches of one certain weave(the doubled one).

Mel

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/13/23 3:22 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Glad it sounds like you had a mostly good birthday! And a busy weekend!

Amy Liz
on 2/12/23 6:37 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Quiet days after company are wonderful - take care!! Yesterday was a lovely day with a nice mix of chores and relaxation. We watched Godfather I/II for the millionth time and I always learn something new - it never disappoints it's just so good! We had a roaring fire going for hours and I woke up feeling like I chain smoked a pack of cigs. Today we are taking walking the dogs at the park, picking up a few things for the menu, laundry and watching the Super Bowl. Kiddo is coming over to hang with us even though he had better offers. I don't get it, but I'm mama happy! Hoping for a good game.

QOTD - I can't think of anything

Accountability - cheese puffs

B- coffee x3, eggs w/salsa

l/appetizers: Bruschetta, lil smokies in BBQ sauce, probably cheese puffs - who am I kidding.

d - cheeseburger in a bowl no bun

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Partlypollyanna
on 2/12/23 7:50 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone! Hope you have a good Sunday planned, doing whatever replenishes you!

Yesterday was good, nice 2 hour brunch with friends, then got all the laundry folded and put away, then watched The Fablemans -- it's very good and unusually for an Oscar Best Picture nominee, it doesn't leave you sad. Will watch Tar today and that will be all the Best Picture nominees I plan on watching; there are a few more with best actor/actress/best documentary I'd like to see but I'm not as diligent about seeing them before the Oscars. I also caught up on the early released episode of The Last of Us -- I am really enjoying that series, even though it's so scary I can only watch it during the daylight.

I finished up my February I-fit challenge and got my virtual trophy which is still not as nice as the magnets and I only have a bit under 5 miles left to hit my rowing mileage for the month....I might even be able to sneak in a rest day on Wednesday. I also did a very nice stretching session through my boxing workout program so I've got all the exercise for the day done, lol.

Packing, house organizing, watching Tar and some reading are all I have planned for the rest of the day. it will be glorious.

QOTD - nothing really but I did keep my ice scraper in my cargo area the whole 6 years I lived in Phoenix "just in case". Also because I just never took it out.

Menu today

coffee plus half and half x 2

half glass of chocolate milk (for recovery purposes after my workout!)

left over 4 cheese quiche with watermelon

maybe will make a crustless pizza and have a slice of that

have a wonderful Sunday all!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

lmfontana4
on 2/12/23 8:16 am
RNY on 03/24/21

The Last of Us is so good. I watched this week's episode last night.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

lmfontana4
on 2/12/23 8:09 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Good morning to you.

Friday my kids were suppose to perform with their band but their singer was sick so we're unable to play. I had got up early in pre-planning to do my weights and yoga in the morning instead. Saturday was workout and meal prep for the week. Not much planned for today except workout, massage this evening, and I need to mop the floors. I already got some laundry done and dusting. Maybe nails also.

Accountability: excellent

B: yogurt berries and keto granola, cold brew with half n half

L: Asian chicken salad with light sesame ginger dressing

D: summer berry salad with chicken with light poppy seed dressing

S: protein frosty, 6 squares sf chocolate

E: 60 min inferno pilates

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Lisa91941
on 2/12/23 8:26 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

Yesterday was a nice day. I am still resting my back, so no exercise at all and I actually think that caused more pain by last night. So today I am up and dressed for a walk and if I feel better when I get back I want to do some stretching and maybe a gentle yoga video. I'll do what I can and rest during the parts that hurt. We had a lovely dinner with our friends and there were no real over indulgences. And I really love those people! Made my heart happy to spend the afternoon and evening with them.

Today we've got nothing really. After my walk I will probably just try to find a comfortable position and read. Might pop over to the friends house to watch a bit of the game with them. Might not.

QoTD: After raising kids, doing sports, industrial supplies, volunteering for multiple charities and foundations, etc, I think the only thing that has NOT been in my vehicles is probably a dead body.

Menu today

B: HB egg, cottage cheese and a slice of bacon

L: hopefully split pea and ham soup that I've just pulled out to defrost

D: slice of Christmas prime rib (also from the freezer) and roasted acorn squash

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 489 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 392 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?