Melody P.
on 2/9/23 10:10 am - Amarillo, TX

Hope the migraine relents! They suck!

Mel

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/9/23 10:27 am

I absolutely hate migraines. Hugs

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lmfontana4
on 2/9/23 1:08 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Feel better. Migraines are no picnic.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/9/23 7:48 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Hope your migraine improved!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

catwoman7
on 2/9/23 6:42 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well we were supposed to get rain, freezing rain, and sleet overnight - and then heavy wet snow today. Commutes were supposed to be tough today. Right now, just looking out my window, the street and sidewalk are definitely wet, but I don't know if they're slippery. It's 34 F right now, so maybe not. I'll probably get the report once DH gets to work. Today is the day I'm supposed to skip class in order to take my mother to the dentist because she evidently doesn't want to "bother" anyone else, which would be people who actually volunteer to drive seniors to appts. Sigh. Oh well, if the roads are slippery or we start getting that heavy wet snow they're promising, I probably wouldn't have wanted to go to class anyway. Luckily, she said yesterday that if the roads are bad, she'll find someone else to drive her (why she doesn't do this regardless is beyond me....)

I finally got around to watching the film for the film discussion group that meets tomorrow. It was "Can You Ever Forgive Me", based on true story - the book that Lee Israel wrote about her two-year crime "spree", which involved forging letters supposedly written by famous people and selling them to people *****sell such things to collectors - and getting hundreds of dollars for them. It was a terrific movie - and it also made me want to read some of Israel's "legitimate" books, a couple of which made the NYT best seller list many years ago (this was long before her forgeries - she didn't start doing those until she was dropped by her publisher because she was no longer doing things that people liked). Her biography on Dorothy Kilgallen is supposed to be incredible. It's on my list...

QOTD: two things come to mind. One is Fage's coffee yogurt, which used to be my favorite. I'm not sure if they discontinued that flavor or if it's due to the fact that Chobani has taken over much of the shelf space that Fage used to have, and so the stores around here only carry the most popular Fage flavors now. I was so bummed. Although Chobani has since started making a pretty decent coffee-flavored yogurt. The second thing that comes to mind is that carbonyl iron brand that a bunch of us used to take. Was it Sundown? It was super cheap and we all had great labs. After it was discontinued, I bought up every bottle of it I could find - not only at stores, but also from Amazon and eBay. I also called Sundown to tell them that that iron had a ton of fans here on OH, and we were disappointed that it'd been discontinued. Now I take either Vitron-C or the CVS generic equivalent. It seems to work just as well, but it's more expensive.

B: plain skyr with fruit, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: hummus/tomato/cucumber/bell pepper sandwich on 35-calorie bread, and maybe some L&F yogurt

AS: protein muffin

D: Either pulled pork with a side salad, or an entree salad (with chicken breast strips)

oh boy - the snow just started like 30 seconds ago! Here we go! Have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

lmfontana4
on 2/9/23 7:29 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Yesterday I left work a little early. I think too much time sitting behind the computer screen and not enough activity left me keyed up. Thus, left to get my workouts in, which took the edge off! So glad I have that flexibility in my job, this is where being a salaried employee works to your advantage. Today is a meeting, more paperwork, and I need to go assess a few patient rooms to make sure they are compliant for bariatric surgical patients (correct sized, weight limits on furniture, toilet, door sizes, etc).

QOTD: I need to think about this one. I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

Accountability: Excellent

Same meals

E: just yoga today 60 minutes

Have a terrific pre-Friday.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/9/23 7:50 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Your room assessment makes me think of my clinic. Yes, they have bariatric friends chairs and benches but boy...it made me nervous to sit on them and listen to them creak and squeak. I wonder if there's a replacement time frame for furniture like that.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Sheila_H
on 2/9/23 7:36 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

LOL, that meme is too funny! So much easier to go out to lunch than prep the night before.

Last night I was informed that we'll have a guest staying with us during the weekend, arriving Friday night and leaving Sun mid day. He is a childhood and surfing buddy of DH from SoCA who is driving 6 hours up here because I guess the surf this weekend is good in our area...go figure! So today and tomorrow I gotta make sure the house is extra clean because this man is worse than a mother in law when it comes to inspecting clean-ness. He is also the person that called me fat (not to my face but talking to somebody else thinking I wouldn't hear) when I weighed 140 and had just moved in with DH. In typical SoCA fashion any woman weighing more than 110 lbs was not worth looking at or horror of the horrors...marrying. In short I have a hate-hate relationship with him, but he & DH have been friends since they were 4-5 years old so I choose to be graceful. With passing of years I have learned to throw my zingers here and there to show him who has the upper hand. The more zingers I throw the quieter he gets...again, go figure.

QOTD: your mom's lipstick reminded me of my original perfume. Since I was 18 I used Fendi (the original) as my perfume, to the point all my friends if they smelled it somewhere else said that was my smell. Fast forward early 2000 and Fendi wasn't making it any more but I was able to buy directly from their flag ship on 5th Ave in NY. I bought as many as I found. At some point I ran out of luck and could not find it, so sadly switched perfumes. Couple of years ago I found a seller online that finds the original Fendi at estate sales. I have 3-4 bottles now that I use only for special occasions.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Homemade egg bites + quest chips
  • jello, iced coffee w/PP
  • Pulled pork and cheese
  • E: 5 miles wog

Happy jr Fri-yay!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

catwoman7
on 2/9/23 9:10 am
RNY on 06/03/15

wow - in what world is 140 lbs fat??? You'd have to be 4'9" tall for that to even count as "class 1 obese", and class 1 obese is ...not very obese. sheesh. I was watching one of the episodes of the "The Weight of the Nation" series on youtube the other day - they're listed as recommended viewing for my nutrition class. This one was about fat discrimination. It said men start being affected by fat discrimination when they're over a 35 BMI. For women, it's a 27 BMI. WTF??? A 27 BMI is like 10 lbs overweight! (although honestly, I'm not super surprised by this, since supposedly anything over size 8 in the modeling world is considered "plus size" - even though the average woman is a size 12 or 14 these days...)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 500 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 399 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 419 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 231 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 121 views