What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 2/9/23 2:55 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! Thursday already?? This week is flying by. Yesterday I spent the day prepping for my cookie class this weekend. I have so many people coming that it took me all day to make the frosting I need and put it in the individual bags for each participant. I started at 11:30am and didn't stop until 5:30pm, and I still have one color to make and bag up. Ooof. Lots of school work to do today, too.

QOTD: Is there a product you loved but isn't made anymore? I was laughing with my mom yesterday remembering how she used to hoard this lipstick color after it was discontinued. She managed to get a ton of them off of eBay and she was able to make it last for 10 more years after it was off shelves. Recently, I was sad to find out that they don't make my favorite hair gel anymore. I would have hoarded it if I knew it was coming!

Accountability: We went to Costco in the morning and I bought those yummy chicken street tacos. I had them for lunch, and then had my planned lunch for dinner.

B: egg bites

L: street tacos

D: chocolate protein shake

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 2/9/23 3:07 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

well the inevitable happened and I'm sick with whatever my mom had. Oh joy! I have a really sore throat and a bit of a cough that'll be getting worse. At least I know she didn't have Covid or the flu lol. My ears never fully recovered from my last bout and they are hurting worse this morning.

Yesterday's appointment went ok. I got to see two tea cup chihuahuas as the founder of this clinic was visiting the site...he even held a door open for me. Fancy! Gawd those pups were precious! They were wearing pearls! It'll be five days until I know if this med will work without itching, it's going to take that long to get the morphine out of the catheter. I go back in two weeks to have the dosage adjusted. It's daunting to have to wait so much. Yesterday was a rough day pain wise but I'm staying the course.

Today is a stay at home day...yay!

Gratitudes for today:

my abilities with the math of chainmaille, math is my least favorite thing in the world...LOL

An adjustable bed

tee shirts on sale with independent artist's work.

QOTD: one of the jump ring suppliers used to make rings with a square wire that had soft edges. They were awesome but became cost prohibitive to make. Little Debbie made an angel food cake in Twinkie shape that had raspberry filling. It upset me a lot many years ago...before WLS.

B: oatmeal and coffee

L: burrito with a lower carb tortilla

D: ????

S: pepitas, banana and ????

Mel

Emiepie
on 2/9/23 5:44 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Love the items of gratitude! I hope you don't start feeling worse with the cold-take care.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 2/9/23 5:58 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I like the gratitude, keep up the positivity!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Teenie
on 2/9/23 7:43 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Ewe Little Debbie. I hate that *****

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 2/9/23 10:11 am - Amarillo, TX

Yup!

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 2/10/23 3:53 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I thought of you at the grocery store yesterday when I saw there is now Little Debbie Ice cream,

lol

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

GracielaSusana
on 2/9/23 3:24 am - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

I love the meme. So true ... even if I pack a lunch sometimes I will by lunch anyway and save what I brought for the next day. Our office always have too much in the way of not so good things around. Our client/residents bake things and bring them too us. One of them gives us a gift card to the campus restaurants and it is very generous amount so we can eat off of that for weeks.

QOTD: Me and my husband used to be obsessed with McDonalds Grilled Chicken Oriental salad in the seventies. It was the sesame salad dressing that made it. It was discontinued and I remember trying to get the dressing packets from my Parents neighbor who owned several McDonalds. It was a no go.

Yesterday QOTD: I watch my 600 pound life. I think the earlier ones were better, Dr Now is a saint on earth, I agree with White Dove on that. It is a reminder to me not to make excuses. The where are they now following up on some of them is uplifting because those are the successful ones in the long run.

Menu. Yogurt with black berries. Protein shake and banana. Quiche and a small piece of pumpkin pie, no crust but with whipped cream. I don't count calories except loosely in my head. So far that is working, weight has been steady for 3 months. I follow the advice in Refuse to Regain especially the use of a tight range with a scream weight.

lmfontana4
on 2/9/23 7:40 am
RNY on 03/24/21

So many of you have written about Refuse to Regain. I have now ordered it to read. Thanks for the suggestion.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Partlypollyanna
on 2/9/23 4:20 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning; super fast post for me so I can get back to work (yes, I said back to work at 5:17 in the morning...it's already been interesting). Fortunately during the break in the 2nd 12 hour day on the warehouse floor, I scheduled a massage for tonight. I am looking forward to it so much.

QoTD - yes, I have been using this amazing CBD face cream and I noticed they were having a discontinuance sale so I bought two extra containers and am storing them in the fridge; each container lasts me about 6 months so I'm good to June 24. I am very sad about it.

Will get in my 30 minutes rowing some time today and I suspect I will need to sneak in a boxing session if I can (see the getting back to work already comment).

menu today

all the coffee, all of it, there will be a coffee shortage tomorrow

ratio yogurt

everroast chicken on pita

protein bar before massage

Have a great day everyone! The weekend is almost here!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 489 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 412 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 227 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?