What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Teenie
on 2/8/23 7:04 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Cheering you on with the changes you will be making. Good Luck.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 2/8/23 2:50 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thanks! :o)

Mel

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/8/23 4:50 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

I can see how that Tom Cruise dream was quite the nightmare...yuck.

It can be hard to stay positive but can help to count some good things in the long run. You have so much to deal with, glad there are some things for you to look forward to!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/9/23 11:40 am

HUGS>

The pain meds can be challenging to get used to. Iitally I had t use a Benadryl or Alegra to help with the itching and nausea. I still often get nausea, so I keep Rx Promethazine Hydrochloride handy. Like- it's everywhere, my purse, by the bed, by the sofa I always sit on, in my car, etc. Its not chewable, but for it to work fast- I chew it, it's often 5 min when I feel it's start working. Next time I see my gastro, I'll ask him to prescribe sublingual. But the pills - they stop the dry heaving I often get really really fast. The dry heaving when I drive can be horrible. Before I got my meds, I often had to pull over, sit by the road (or hwy) for 20 min then try to drive again.

First time ever Keith saw me dry heaving in the car and pulling over...- he freaked out. lol. He had to wait for me to be able to get out of the driver seat, so he could drive us to a safe place. Yea...I'm not "allow" to drive with him in the car, unless he is really sick or very very tired... hm... not sure why...lol. (I really don't mind, he is an excellent driver.)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

White Dove
on 2/8/23 4:51 am - Warren, OH

I have watched every single episode of My 600 Pound Life. I believe that Dr. Now is a saint on earth. The show does expose their poverty, traumatic past lives, food and other addictions, and dysfunctional families.

It also shows that for some of the most hopeless people, having a person who educates them, encourages them, forgives them for their horrible behaviors, and makes it possible for them to get weight loss surgery and skin removal can turn some people into happy, functioning members of society.

The success stories make the show worthwhile to me.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/8/23 4:52 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Never seen a single episode but I've heard good things about Dr. Now and the work he's willing to do. Sometimes tough love is needed, just not so sure it's needed on camera.

Also good to hear that it sounds like some people from the show have made serious changes in their lives! Not something common to the reality show series. Good stuff.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Greateight
on 2/8/23 5:39 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I got a letter saying there was $17.5 million waiting for me in the Ukraine. So, I've got that going for me.

Apparently, somebody with my last name died there during the war. Poor Larry with my last name was intestate, of course. Sadly, his wife (*****mains nameless) died at the same time. And while this putative middleman acknowledges that me and Larry are not technically related, we have the same last name and I am from out of the country, so, hey, who will know the difference?

He has offered to help me out for the low, low price of 40 percent. And even arranged to deposit the funds directly into my accounts once I provide him with my banking information. It is unclear whether I will personally need to travel to Kursk in order to sort this matter out.

So, I guess the question is: Do I still go ahead with my 8:30 work call, or is it now unnecessary, given my newfound riches? Hmmm.

There is a 98% chance that the sender is just trying to get access to my banking information. But just for variety, I am going to say that there is a 2% chance that he is actually trying to scam the bank. In which case a hitman named Pyotr will track me down and torture me until he retrieves his client's funds.

If you see Borscht on my daily menu please call the State Department.

Yesterday I took an Implicit Bias test for a work diversity training. I selected weight as my test. Partly because of my background. But also partly just in case the tests aren't as confidential as they claim. I tested out slightly biased in favor of thin people.

We are having a Super Bowl themed Happy Hour today. We are rooting for the Chiefs, so will be having red. Bloody Mary's will be our choice.

QOTD: A long time ago, the grandparent of a classmate of my youngest was on Biggest Loser so we watched a few of those. I think that the nice trainer on that show was a Crossfit guy.

Breakfast: Egg sandwich

Lunch: Roast Beef

Dinner: Happy Hour

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 2/8/23 5:56 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Ugh, those emails! What is sad about them is that they still happen because enough times it works to get the information.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 2/8/23 6:00 am
RNY on 06/03/15

ha ha - didn't realize that there one-time Irish immigrants living in Ukraine. Sorry to hear about your rich relatives. It was thoughtful of this guy to contact you and help you with getting this inheritance (I think his cousin - the prince in Nigeria - has contacted me a few times....)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teenie
on 2/8/23 7:09 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Darn, too bad I don't have no long-lost family in the Ukraine. Hope all your financial wishes come true. Until then I'll continue to play the lottery.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
Recent Topics
A Year and a Month Out Already.
Watson · 1 replies · 26 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 400 views