Hump Day Wednesday, what's on your plan?

White Dove
on 12/21/22 1:53 pm - Warren, OH

Chrissy, you find such interesting things to eat. I never heard of peppermint popcorn. Does it have salt?

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 12/22/22 12:01 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

This was a catered event at the church. They had a Gormet popcorn company make it. I have no idea I just stuffed it in. I hate peppermint but it was amazing.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 12/21/22 6:53 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well, the snow was originally supposed to start sometime tomorrow (late morning or early afternoon), but they've since moved it up to tonight. Crap. Should be over by Friday night, but it's going to be a mess. I have everything for the Christmas dinner except for the vegetables that go in my salad, which I didn't want to spoil before the weekend, but maybe they'll be OK if I get them tonight before things go south. It's just romaine lettuce and broccoli - they might be OK as long as they don't look too "old" at the grocery store. I'm just afraid things are still going to be messy on Saturday - they'll have the main roads cleared by then (they're pretty good at that), but it might be hard getting out of our neighborhood since they save residential roads until last. I'm guessing it'll be Saturday night before we can get out of here safely, and I think all the stores are closing early on Christmas eve. And Walgreens doesn't carry romaine lettuce or broccoli....

I'm having lunch today with a friend, but that's it. The chair of a board I'm on gave me some work to do, so I'll work on that - although since we'll likely be stuck in the house until at least Saturday morning, I should have plenty o' time to get it done.

QOTD: the aforementioned project I was assigned by the board chair. Plus I need to clean my bedroom. The only rooms in the house that always seem to be a mess are the kitchen and the master bedroom. I don't even want to think about the kitchen right now as I really need to take everything out of the cabinets, clean them, and put everything back. And I'll be doing some cooking the next few days. Better to save that project for the next snow storm. But my bedroom? Should be able to do it, even though I'm dreading it.

B: plain skyr with fruit, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: meeting my friend at a Mexican place. I'll order either street tacos or chicken fajitas.

AS: may not be hungry, but if I am, maybe Ratio yogurt or a protein muffin

D: yet another salad with chicken and light dressing

ex: I'll do either a virtual dance class (my gym has a couple of them today that loo**** or some youtube walking or dance cardio video. It's too damn cold to spend much time outside!

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 12/21/22 9:27 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I think the lettuce wrapped in damp paper towels would make it for sure and brocolli is good in the fridge for a week or so, maybe try the paper towel wrap with them too?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 12/21/22 4:44 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

thanks for the tip - I'll try that!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Theduffman27
on 12/21/22 7:11 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning Jen and Menu Folks

ISO audit is complete with only 2 minor observations! Great way to end the year!

It is really hard to believe that Christmas is only 4 days away. My elderly folks have been with us since 12/15 and it will be nice that they are here to be with family. Still have some shopping to do, I am sure Joddie and I are like most, in that we buy what we need throughout the year so we try not to over due it at Christmas time, Last night we picked up snowshoes, so we look forward to that activity into the new year.

QOTD - My camper has been at the dealer for punch list repairs since 11/21, just received a call that it is finally in the shop, I will need to figure out where I will park it. A friend had offered, but now we have 10" of snow on the ground. It may have to stay in the driveway! I also need to put snow guards on the tin roof that we installed this summer. I am off next week so I am sure i will be busy and my week will also include at least 3 trips to the gym!

B - 2 eggs

L - Caeser salad with chicken and bacon caeser dressing

S - Celery and dip

D - Finally steak Tips , we decided on leftover soup last evening.

E - at least 10,000 steps

Down a pound from yesterday

Stay healthy my friends. Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Partlypollyanna
on 12/21/22 9:28 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I recently took over as my companies quality leader and only two minor observations is an awesome outcome! Good for you and your team!!

Jen

Emiepie
on 12/21/22 4:31 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Congrats on a good audit!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 12/21/22 7:17 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone.

I was up at 2 and tried going back to bed around 4 only to be woken up just as I fell asleep by a hacking cat. Yuck. So it'll be a long day. I have a zoom appointment hee in an hour or so. They. I have to go get more pre op blood work. I've already got bruises on both arms so hopefully just one will get more colorful. Last week the lady who did it dug as she tried to get a vein...I hate that. It didn't hurt bad but I just don't like it...LOL

We're also going to hopefully exchange gifts with my aunt this afternoon. It's doing to be to damned cold tomorrow. It's bad enough we have to get out tomorrow for a dentist appointment for my mom to get her crown put back on. Our high is supposed to be 10. Winds in the 30 mph range sustained. So wind chills in the -20 to -30 range.

QOTD: hoping to get the other two knighting chains done for my cousin next week. Get all my laundry and room cleaned before surgery.

Food is unplanned but every meaning of the word.

memories on FB from yesterday and today. My very first chainmaille piece 20+ years. The kittens form 8 years ago today.

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 12/21/22 9:29 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Enjoy the time with your aunt and stay warm tomorrow. They cancelled school here for tomorrow already because the "feels like" temp would be in the -50 range during the school commute in the morning. I will also be staying home and not opening the doors, lol

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 493 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 228 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?