What's on your Monday Menu?

Sheila_H
on 12/19/22 9:57 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

If you keep at it, by next year you'll be one of those who do them two at a time, or do the squats along with climbing them.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Theduffman27
on 12/19/22 11:45 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good afternoon QJB and menu folks. I feel like I have not been here in forever, so need to reintroduce myself. I have had a tough year. Physically, Mentally and emotionally. ( It can always be worse) I had VSG in November of 2014. I logged on today and realized that my accounbt had been hacked, someone made a post that was not me, fortunatly there was no damage done!

I started the first week of the year with covid, I really was not very ill. January through March saw me doing very well, Food choices were great, I had dropped weight, added muscle and was doing more actual weights and HIIT than my traditional cardio. Late March ( preparing for an April cruise), I decided I would run again, I started slow with zero warmup and felt really good and decided to up the pace. Bang, I felt something and immediate pain. I went to the DR's, felt it could be a tear, decided to try exercises, and ibuprofen. Exercise came to a halt. ( I have exercised consistently 3-5 times a week since surgery). This also meant that Hiking the Adirondacks was on hold ( Was not able to hike in 2022). FF to July, we were out on a Friends Boat ( I was on a boat that day) , one of those Crystal clear days, water like glass, hanging in a sandy bay with boats and people everywhere and I over consumed. We did not eat, when we got home Joddie left to get some food and I fell. I drove my shoulder and head into a corner of the wall, going upstairs and thankfully not coming down. I could not make a fist in either hand, felt like razor blades going down each arm... Dr compared it to a stinger that Football players get when taking a heavy hit to the head. I am still dealing with the issue, though close to being somewhat normal again. Also dealing with the fact my folks have aged at an incredible pace the last year. My Dad has parkinsons and this year has been a tough one. My Mom is his caregiver and is also suffering but will not accept any help. Icould go on and on , but wont. I am telling you because I am a male and we do not always talk about things. I am about 8 pounds heavier than I was last year at this time. I see myself heavier than that and why I am back.

I was also dealing with the stress of the samle of the company that I work for , we finally closed at the end of June if you can believe that!

I will add that the only thing that has remained great is my Family and friends, Joddie and i will celebrate 30 years next October and I am planning on surprising her with a Trip.

Proud Dad Moment - My youngest son Ryley Graduated on Saturday - Magn *** Laude - Masters in History/Adolescent Education, he completed his Masters in 4 1/2 years.

I am glad we have apps like My Fitness pal. I am done doing the Keto style diets and getting back to high protein, watching my calorie intake and using MFP to review what I ate when I was very successful.

QOTD - Tony Dorsett - Dallas Cowboys

B - Two Hard boiled eggs

L - Cheese, Salami and Pepperoni

AS - Celery, Carrots and Dip

Dinner - Low Fat Cottage Cheese, Rib Eye steak tips and Brussel Sprouts

E - 30 minutes cardio

Stay Healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

catwoman7
on 12/19/22 12:01 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

great to see you back, Mike - and sorry that you've had such a tough year. I totally understand aging parents. My mother has really declined this past year (my father died several years ago). I'm amazed at how quickly that happened.

I swear I remember Ryley just starting college - he already has a master's? Shee****hat was fast!!!!

I hope you're back for good - it's so nice seeing you again!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 12/19/22 2:46 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

That is a lot to deal with! I'm glad you are back and if there's anything we can do to offer virtual support, you know this group is here!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 12/19/22 2:47 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Always good to "see" you, Mike!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 12/20/22 3:06 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Great to hear from you! What a year... hang in there!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 493 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?