What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 12/17/22 3:07 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone. 8 days until Christmas. Yikes!

Yesterday was an awful day for my mom. She fell on the front steps...nothing broken but she had to catch herself on the handrail so she is pretty darn sore. Then in the evening a cap came off one of her front teeth. On top of all that we're having some issues I can't quite delve in to just yet. She is just very stressed out and she cried a lot yesterday. There is absolutely nothing I can really do to help...she asked me not to speak up on the issue going on. If you could send some positive energy her way I'd appreciate that.

Not a lot planned for the day. We'll likely stay home. I'll likely be cleaning a bit on the house. My brother and his family are coming over Sunday for a little party for my niece and brothers birthdays that were this past week. I'm not at all wanting to be around my brother and especially my SIL. Life is full of things we don't want to do but still need to do LOL

QOTD: what is your favorite memory of the holiday season?

I once got a walk on piano mat. I loved that thing so much! My mom was lucky enough to find it a thrift store brand new. It's especially special to me now(I don't have it anymore lol) because of the struggles my mom had raising two kids on her own. She worked her a$$ off for us and I appreciate her so much.

B: oatmeal and coffee

L: ????

D: I might make some soup?

S: two Ivan's spiced wafers, cheese and maybe a tiny piece of peanut butter fudge.

Mel

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 12/17/22 4:57 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Mel and weekend menuers,

Simply, best wishes to you, your mom, and family. You've got a lot going on.

QOTD - Don't really have one. I've been working on building the ones I want to keep as an adult.

The tamale party last night was fun. A lot of people came in and out. Most participated for a few minutes and then snacked and dran****il leaving. I made tamales until there were no tamales left to make. :) I stayed for three hours since it's over an hour each way and got to bring home 8 tamales from the first batch. Took a store bought appetizer and paid way too much for a plate of vegetables that weren't labeled. Was nice to meet a few people. I did, however, eat too much and slept on the couch last night.

Today is normal Saturday stuff with probably going to town, cleaning, laundry and such. Maybe cooking if I feel inspired since there's stuff that needs to be used. I also have to be at the sleep study lab tonight at 8:30 for my evaluation, so it will make my third time this year.

Accountability- Items not allowed were about 3/4 a tamale, three mini naan, and hummus to go with it.

Exercise- Recumbent bike today and finally got my yoga/pilates mat yesterday, so will unpack that and maybe check out a pilates for dummies video.

Menu

Think I'll make a pepperoni pizza chaffle for breakfast

Ratio yogurt

Cottage cheese with seaweed and carrots

Maybe keto chicken fried steak

Happy weekend, everyone.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

catwoman7
on 12/17/22 5:10 am, edited 12/16/22 9:12 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

went to a party last night and ended up eating 2300 kcal for the day, so I think we'll skip the party tonight. Last night could have been a lot worse, and I ordinarily wouldn't worry too much about an occasional 2300 kcal day, but since I'm trying to lose weight, I don't need more than one day like that in a week. AND....I've got more eating events scheduled for the upcoming week. Yikes...this never seems to end....BUT...it will after Christmas is over, thankfully.

we're planning on going to a local museum today to see an exhibit that ends at the end of the month. My mother also wants me to bring her 1/2 C of white vinegar for some reason. I don't know why she can't have one of her friends at her independent living complex get it for her since there's a grocery store literally across the street from the complex, but whatever. I guess she doesn't like to inconvenience people (meanwhile, she lives 10 miles away from me, so not exactly convenient unless I happen to be doing something else over in that area - but, whatever...)

QOTD: I guess decorating the tree when we were kids. Always fun to see the ornaments again. My mom probably still has a lot of them in a box in her storage unit, but she hasn't put up a tree in years (neither have we).

B: plain skyr with cranberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake (probably with some frozen peaches blended in, since I haven't made my goal this week of 30+ different plant items ("items" can be fruit, vegetable, or whole grain). I've normally made it by around Thursday...but not this week.

L: well, I could have 1/2 a Loma Linda Southwest bowl instead of the peach idea - that should put me over my plant goal (it has brown rice, kidney beans, corn, and some other vegetables in it...)

AS: protein muffin

D: I made a yogurt pie last night, so maybe a piece of that (I made lemon with blackberries - haven't had blackberries this week, either, so that would count toward my goal. Hmmm....)

ex: I'd better do something. I haven't done much this week because of having a plantars wart burned off my foot last Tuesday - but I may be good to go today. I don't think there's a water aerobics class today, but maybe I can do Zumba - either at the gym or at home

have a great Saturday, all!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Maddymoe2
on 12/17/22 5:30 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone and happy Saturday. This week has been exhausting and I am thankful that it's over. I really struggle during the holiday season. I am really trying to be present and happy, but I just feel this cloud. My work is closed until Jan 3rd and I am thankful for the break. I will still have to go in for a few days and do some things, but I don't have to deal with people.

QOTD- I love candlelight service on Christmas Eve when my family is together. Family, meaning my husband, children and I. There is something just special about it.

Food for today-

scrambled eggs with ham

turkey sandwich on Carbmaster 40 calorie bread

Chicken broccoli ginger stirfry

Have a great day everyone.

Partlypollyanna
on 12/17/22 6:16 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Holidays can be tough for those of us with complicated family situations. Sending you peaceful thoughts!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Maddymoe2
on 12/17/22 5:32 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Melody,

I pray get better for your mom and for you. I agree with you, life is full of things we don't want to do! LOL Your brother and SIL are lucky to have you. You do so much for them.

Partlypollyanna
on 12/17/22 6:22 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Whoo-hooo, It's Saturday and it's my horrible humans day, best day of the year!

I've gotten in my rowing this morning so have accomplished the only thing that was on my "have to" list; I am going to run over to TJs in one last attempt to see if they have the lemon ricotta cheese; they told me they didn't get any in although they had ordered it, but I am an optimist. Then we start our event with a axe throwing bash, ****tails, cards against humanity dinner and gift exchange...we are old so all want to be headed home by 10PM so we're starting at early afternoon.

QOTD - always the thanksgivings with the kids, playing games afterwards or do our aunt and kids days.

Coffee plus half and half X 2

Barebells bar

probably some cheese before I head to the axe place

Dinner is some type of beef, plus veggies, salad, potatoes, bread and dessert - I'll be selective but my friends are great cooks so I will enjoy some of all of it, plus a glass or two of wine before dinner.

Have spectacular Saturday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 12/17/22 11:07 am - Warren, OH

We are starting our annual Christmas Eve party at 3:00 PM this year so we are not forced to drive home in the dark. We used to start it after Christmas Eve Midnight Mass and were still going strong when the morning paper was delivered about 7:00 AM. The ax throwing sounds like a lot of fun. You do so many interesting things and I love that you share them with us.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

White Dove
on 12/17/22 8:53 am - Warren, OH

After my summer of falling, selling my home and moving to a one floor condo, I feel so bad for your mom. I have completely changed the way I get around now, because I am so aware of what can cause me to trip and fall. There is one raised step at the front door of my complex and two people that visited me the first week tripped on that step. When I get out of the car to go to a store, I park close to the cart return and try to grab one to use in the parking lot. I never paid attention to things like that before and liked to slide on the ice in the parking lot for fun. I was proud of how well I could walk on icy pavements while wearing three inch heels.

When I was about 10, I got a transistor radio for Christmas. It was red and cost $10. That is the equivalent of about $80 today. I took it everywhere including to bed at night. It looked like this

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 12/17/22 10:18 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I really freak out about ice, too. I have a bad right hip joint as well as pretty severe osteoporosis. So I'm at risk for breaking something if I slip and that hip gives out. I try to park next to the cart return, too, so I can get one from there instead of risking walking into the store before getting one.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 490 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 228 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 120 views