What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Teenie
on 12/14/22 8:30 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Was it a walk or a Hop?

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 12/14/22 9:37 am
RNY on 08/11/14

A scoot/hop

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Julia S.
on 12/14/22 7:01 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- My brother is the one that used to do 5 year plans and 10 year plans. I don't think any of it turned out to be in the plan. Right now my plan is to survive until my Full Retirement Age and figure it out from there.

The kittens have figured out that they can jump higher than I thought. I found one of the girls in the kitchen sink this morning. Always an adventure.

Thanks for the ideas about single travel, I will be tempted to do that. There are so many places I would like to see.

The furnace guys are coming back to fix the insulation that is coming off of the duct work. The County inspected and referred it back to them, so I'm happy. The insulation shouldn't be falling off after a few weeks.

I got my hair done yesterday and I have nothing else planned for this week. I need to get out in the yard and do something with the leaves, I think they are almost all down now. I will try to use the leaf blower to mulch them, it's hard for me because I feel like I need to be taller to use it easily.

We have a ton of work, so I'm happy about that.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

lmfontana4
on 12/14/22 7:23 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Hello to Hump Day!

Today is my Friday at work. More paperwork and only one meeting. Tomorrow, we leave for Las Vegas for a visit with my dad, plus to watch a body building competition. It is the pinnacle competition for body building so all the top competitors in the world will be there. There is an expo associated (booths setup with products, clothes being sold, etc.) where a person is likely to see famous body builders. Maybe even some famous actors will be walking around, you never know. When the boys go to the night show, DD and I are going to a Cirque D"Soleil show. I have never been and am looking forward to it. I need to plan some fun activities to do with DD otherwise since she will probably not be interested in 2 full days at the expo. I was looking for some unusual activities to do in Vegas and came across the Mob Museum. That may be fun to see. We are in Vegas until Monday, so I will try to read and post but no guarantees.

QOTD: 5-year plan, what is that? I wish I was better at planning forward like that, but I am not very good at establishing a plan and sticking to it. I would love a 5-year plan to become financially solvent without any debt. I was really impressed with this lady at work who managed to pay off her mortgage, cars, and had zero debt. Any recommendations on how to accomplish that goal?

Accountability: Great. No early pm snack since I wasn't hungry.

Exactly the same as yesterday.

E: 60 minutes hot yoga

Have a happy humpity hump day.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

catwoman7
on 12/14/22 7:30 am, edited 12/13/22 11:30 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I've been debt-free for years. I started tackling my credit cards when I was in my early 30s - started with one, made mega payments on it until if was paid off, while making the minimum payments (or whatever I could afford) on the others. Then picked another card to make the mega payments on - rinse and repeat until they were all paid off. Then I tackled my student loan and/or my car at the time (don't remember which came first). When we bought our house, we vowed to have it paid off in 12 years - and we did it - by constantly paying more on our mortgage than we had to (although not all financial advisors will advise you to pay off a mortgage early, since interest rates on those are usually pretty low - and a house usually appreciates over time. But I didn't want to be in any debt, so I chose to buck the advice and get the thing paid off).

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 12/14/22 12:37 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

My goal is the same as you for the house. Outside of health and travel, all my disposable income is going into mortgage payments and I hope to be done in another 5 years. Before that, I kept having my student loans reassessed to the longest graduated payment possible while paying everything I could...less interest and more principal over time. They probably weren't keen on me but they also didn't have early payment penalties. I also always picked the individual student loan with the highest interest first. I'd rather have no debt and work from there. Hopefully the car holds out. :)

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Emiepie
on 12/14/22 7:47 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you have a great trip!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 12/14/22 8:02 am
RNY on 10/29/19

The Mob museum is fun and doesn't take much time. This is a beautiful and pretty easy hike to the backside of Hoover Dam you guys might really enjoy: railroad tunnel trail

Also be sure to take her to The Bellagio and see the Conservatory. It will be gorgeous this time of year and check out the Chihuly glass art ceiling.

Its going to be very cold, but I think you are more used to that than I will ever be!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Teenie
on 12/14/22 8:36 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Get yourself a Fodors Las Vegas travel guide it gives you everything you need to know from free, cheap, and expensive experiences. I used it to plan my whole wedding. For the price it's a good read even if you don't do everything in it.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 12/14/22 7:23 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

weight is down again this morning (better than yesterday, which was definitely acceptable - but today, lower!), so I am a happy camper. Nothing on the agenda today other than some Zoom program I registered for later this morning. I really need to get some exercise today, but I had a wart removed from the bottom of my foot yesterday when I was at my PCP's office (this plantar's wart that's been parked there for two frickin' years!), so not sure what I can do - maybe a stationary bike over at the gym. Boring - but at least it's something. I would imagine it'll be fine to go back to one of my usual winter routines in a couple of days (i.e. water fitness class or cardio dancing).

QOTD: my goal for the next five years (although I've been thinking more in terms of ten years) is to travel as much as I can, because I'm very aware at this point that I only have so many years left, and of those, only some of which I'm going to be in shape to travel. Hopefully I'll have 20 years (to travel, that is - hopefully I'll live longer than that!) - but then, no one knows what might happen in the interim. I could develop some medical condition in five years that'll end that plan - one never knows. The problem I'm running into is our mothers. Both are older and have medical issues. I'll feel more confident about my plans if and when we can get them into assisted living.

B: plain skyr with fruit compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: chili

AS: protein muffin

D: salad with chicken and light dressing

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 493 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 228 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 120 views