What's on your Saturday menu, RNYers

White Dove
on 12/10/22 8:07 am - Warren, OH

I have one friend, Vonnie that I met in first grade and still see several times a year. COVID slowed down a lot of socializing and I am finally getting out with groups of people again without a mask and a lot of fear. I do keep up with some friends that I have had since grade school, but it has become more of a Facebook or Christmas card thing than actually spending time together.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Lisa91941
on 12/10/22 8:07 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good Saturday morning! I definitely am not feeling the exercise thing today. I already banked a day, so I can get away with it and still meet my weekly goal, but that will add a lot of pressure to an already busy tomorrow. So we shall see.

I quit a trainer one time after about 3 weeks because not only was he a yeller, he also was demanding things of my body that it just could not cope with yet. No build up, just all in and at the highest level he could push me to. I lived in pain for all of the three weeks and then decided I'm not paying for someone to actually kill me. So I switched trainers at the gym while Rog kept the original guy. The new trainer made me do things I didn't love (boxing, ugh) but also worked on building muscle, adding reps and would actually help me with stretch routine and then a bit of a muscle massage at the end. I built a lot of strength with him and I was sorry when we had to quit that gym.

I was 100% on food yesterday but I did have two glasses of wine while we watched a few episodes of Wednesday and one of Somebody feed Phil. Today my day includes a luncheon and a gathering at a brewery. The luncheon will be ok food wise. I don't drink in the daytime and the hardest thing will be choking down enough dry chicken to sustain myself for a few hours. The brewery should be ok too. I don't drink beer and I don't think they serve wine. Nor food. But a food truck is usually there. I might eat leftovers before we leave for that party and then not even have to worry about it.

QoTD: Laurie, who started out as my boss 39 years ago and evolved into my best friend and we still speak or text several times a week. And my girlfriend Teena who I met when we were pregnant with our girls who are now 38.

Menu:

B: leftover crack chicken with a bit of cottage cheese

L: I think some piece of banquet style chicken

D: Maybe leftover Shepard's pie before we leave for the brewery

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Amy Liz
on 12/10/22 8:16 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ My favorite line on a Saturday morning ever - 'I have the hit the liquor store' -love it! I hope you have a fabulous day and party tonight. Today I have no plans to leave the house. Not even a walk since it's raining. I will dive into my online class stuff - I got an email from the instructor yesterday saying the class requires 8 hours of reading a DAY. I wrote back - is that a typo - you meant 8 hours a WEEK on top of the videos, reviews and homework, right? No, unfortunately it's not. I'm just wondering when I'll sleep. It's 5 weeks of my life, I can do it. I haven't been drinking much lately anyway, but now I can't drink - which is a very good thing. Otherwise - laundry, present wrapping and making a pot of chicken chili.

QOTD - My whole life. There was a family that we were always stationed with when my dad was in the Marines. There were many large families we were stationed with, but this family was special - totally family to us. They had 6 kids too and the youngest was my best friend. We spent all the holidays together and were pen pals for years after that. We only 'talk' over Facebook but all of our siblings and their mom are all friends on there as well. I love keeping up with all of them. Very, very special to me.

Yesterday

b- coffee L - tikka veg and cauli rice d-baked potato

Today

b -coffee, eggs and cheese

l - soup or

d- chicken chili

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Partlypollyanna
on 12/10/22 10:59 am, edited 12/10/22 2:59 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Wow, 8 hours a day for 5 weeks is a lot! Good luck! Hopefully it?s like the google map walking times - set to the slowest user!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 12/10/22 12:50 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Fingers crossed!!! He did clarify that the 8 hours included the discussion, videos and homework so I have that going for me, lol. I'm hoping that it's for a 100% newbie to the material which thankfully I'm not. 4 hours a day + weekends is all I can do.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

lmfontana4
on 12/10/22 8:30 am
RNY on 03/24/21

No big plans for today. Yoga this morning, return some stuff to the store and maybe dinner out.

QOTD: my friend Teri was my best friend in middle school. She moved to the city we now live in when we were seniors in high school. We lost touch for many years but now get together to do things.

Accountability: excellent. Weight down to 133.6 from 136.

meals are not really planned on Saturday. It is a "free" day of eating but will listen to the pouch and hunger cues.

E: 60 min hot yoga

have a super Saturday!

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 12/10/22 10:40 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Congrats on moving the needle, so to speak! Looks like changing it up might be helping a little!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 500 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 399 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 419 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 231 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 121 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.