What's on your Thursday Menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 12/8/22 11:55 am
RNY on 02/14/18

It worked! I am up and running and looking forward to a first session this afternoon!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

lmfontana4
on 12/8/22 10:31 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I had to look up the reformer. I have seen them but never used one. The Pilates class I do is more Pilates concepts with HIIT. I would be interested in trying out the reformer. Does your reformer give you instructions or run you through a workout? Curious about the wi-fi hook-up.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Partlypollyanna
on 12/8/22 11:54 am, edited 12/8/22 3:54 am
RNY on 02/14/18

It?s a great workout. This reformer has an online studio that does classes and it has a sensor so it can track (and correct) you but it?s not a requirement to use it. My trainer has the same one and she doesn?t use the online classes or tracking. She and I are both excited they we can do virtual training together on the reformer if there is bad weather!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 12/8/22 3:41 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone.

Not sure what today'll hold. I'm hoping to stay home. Feeling really exhausted. I should be getting a supply order today for a friends order of ornaments. They are odd colors but it's what she wants.

QOTD: 10, 11 and 7

food is unplanned except stew for lunch

Mel

White Dove
on 12/8/22 4:28 am - Warren, OH

I remember so many years of working, studying, dealing with a business as well as full time job, being a wife and a parent as well. I learned to plan every minute of life and felt guilty if I took an afternoon to just do something fun and relaxing.

I worked at a company where it was considered normal for someone to crawl under a desk at 3:00 AM for a nap when working on a computer problem that kept your team working all night.

With a business, there are days when you are working for nothing if you factor in the value of your time. The trick is to have enough profitable days by the end of the year to balance out the times when you did not chnarge enough. Christmas is a hectic time for cookie orders. It should slow down next month. Just hang in there and things will get better. Remember that you have an opportunity to do something that you love. Many people dream of having their own business and can never actually do it.

Many dream of going back to school but can't. You are living two dreams.

Celebrate your success and congratulate yourself on having the tenacity and courage to follow your dreams. Gift certificates can be the ideal solution to shopping and wrapping.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Greateight
on 12/8/22 5:14 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Okay, my favorite two words from yesterdays' entire thread were "Only twice." Please don't ever change, my friend.

This is the busiest week that I have had, work wise, in quite awhile. Two late night conference calls with Asia so far and tonight may be a third. But I think that our tonight is Asia's Friday, so hopefully our Friday will be slower.

OH just autocorrected "Asia" to "Lisa." I suspect those calls would have been a lot more fun.

We rallied a bit and did manage a short Happy Hour.

QOTD: Christmas Vacation, Elf, and It's a Wonderful Life. A Christmas Carol isn't on that list, I noticed.

Breakfast: Fritatta

Lunch: Chicken

Dinner: Maybe the leftover Kielbasa and Pierogies that I didn't get to yesterday.

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 12/8/22 6:52 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I really thought 2 was not bad. Then I saw how many of you said 0. Ooopsy!

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Amy Liz
on 12/8/22 7:08 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Like Jim said - don't ever change being you!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

lmfontana4
on 12/8/22 10:35 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I am guessing you had fun in your youth!

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

catwoman7
on 12/8/22 5:23 am, edited 12/7/22 9:26 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Day 4 of having to wear a KN-95 (COVID exposure over the weekend - if I'm still testing negative and have no symptoms by tomorrow, I'm free...). I have a luncheon today - with a program, so I'll take a Tupperware with me or just have them put my lunch in a to-go box, since I want to see people and enjoy the program. Other than that, I need to get some exercise since I blew it off yesterday. I'll do a walking or cardio dance video here since I don't want to have to wear the mask at the gym.

I just had my second bag of Fit Frappe delivered - at 6:50 a.m.! I had no idea they were out that early (maybe because of the holiday season?). I'm glad, though, because between the luncheon and class later on this afternoon, I was going to have to try to find a neighbor who'll be home today to get the package if it was delivered while I was gone.

QJB - I can relate to your issue. I did my second master's part-time because i was working full-time at the time. It was awful. It meant about five years of almost never being able to read the Sunday paper (or ANY paper) because I spent all my spare time reading articles and writing papers. I was SO GLAD when it was finally over!!!

B: either skyr with cranberry/cherry compote or a protein muffin (I made some new ones yesterday - with bran, sweet potato, and cranberry). Coffee with half & half.

L: I ordered the chicken breast option. i can't remember what else came with it.

AS: probably nothing because I'll eat my lunch after I get home from the luncheon

D: something light. Maybe sweet potato soup or a salad.

Well I seem to be down a solid 2 lbs since I started trying three weeks ago (it's hard to tell because of the normal day-to-day fluctuations, but I think I am down 2 lbs). Oh for the days when I could have lost 10 lbs in that time - but then again, it was easy to cut 1000+ calories a day when I was probably eating 3000+ on an average day. I couldn't cut that many nowadays, since that would put me down to about 600 kcal/day. So...it's gonna be slow. But at least it's happening...

forgot the QOTD. I've seen some of those movies a gazillion times, and the others I don't really want to see, so if we're basing this decision on the movie per se, then none of them - but if we're basing it on the characters, then I'd say Rudolph, Charlie Brown, and the Christmas Story kid.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 493 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 228 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 120 views