What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 12/3/22 12:22 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone! I am up whether I like it or not.

My aunt is a little more calmed down. She came over yesterday and we went out to lunch and the thrift store(she wanted to look at the fabric). She is still going to move I think but she's going to wait until January. They need to separate. For sure.

Speaking of thrift store. We're friends with the manager. She knows my mom collects stamps. She had a big box of first day of issue covers, postcards and even some coins. I mean a lot of stuff. So it was her Christmas present from me. It was 40 dollars and 25% off of that. Let me tell you! One thing alone was worth upwards of 200 dollars. It was a set of first edition authenticated sterling silver United Nations medallions. The whole set of 6 coins. They obviously didn't know they were in there or didn't read them well! The covers and postcards are from the mid 70's to mid 80's. All from the same dude from Long Beach, CA. I swear people don't see value in so many things! It's just basically thrown away it seems. It was mostly US stamps but had a bit of World stamps as well.

Not sue what today'll hold. I really need to work on cleaning/organizing my bedroom. It looks like my chainmaille supplies threw up everywhere! I made a few things for a sweet lady yesterday and an ornament. Went through a lot of my supplies. I got an order for three knighting chains( for something called apmtgaurd...which I totally have no clue about...they do battles or something, I've really got no clue about it). I've made one before for my cousins husband and he loved it so much he is getting one made for my cousin and two of their friends. Odd colors but at least these are for females so they don't have to be quite as big. I've lost about 4 pounds since starting the bigger dosage.

I did get my Ozempic filled yesterday BUT all they had was the 2ml pen. So the pharmacist asked me to contact my doctor to see about using that strength for a month. My doctor said that was fine with him. So that was a relief. All the other dosages are back ordered until January. I wish they had vials and not only pens.

QOTD: What Christmas song do you wish could disappear?

one words....whamageddon! I hate Last Christmas! When I worked retail around Christmas I heard it on the track at least twice an hour. Ruined it.

B: JUST egg cup and coffee

L: Lentils with smoked turkey

D: ????

S: popcorn and ????

everyone who is owned by a cat needs this cook cutter!

Mel

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 12/3/22 3:11 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Mel and weekend menuers!

Well, you have a lot going on. That's a great thrift store find and gift for your mom! Yay for customer orders and congrats on the weight loss. That cookie cutter is cute but I don't know that I'd be able to eat a cookie from it! Glad to hear your aunt is doing a bit better.

QOTD- Pretty much all of them. I make it a game every year now to see how long I can navigate into the season without having to listen to any song all the way through. In the car, it's radio roulette since some stations swap to 100% Xmas all the time. I already failed this year since my stepfather loves Xmas music so much, he plays it while working and cooking starting at the beginning of Novemberor so. And now walmart is broadcasting a radio station in the stores, so I'm a captive audience while shopping. Woo!

I did commit to the exercise equipment yesterday, so that should arrive in a week at most. Amazon likes to punish those of us who don't have Prime. Once that comes in, I've got some earmarked videos to try.

Today I will do the 6am shopping for a few groceries and hopefully get to cooking. I have a few more meals left from my mid week cooking but not enough to cover next week. Work wise, it's going to be off the chain the next few weeks leading into Xmas, so anything to save time and keep me on track will be great.

My goal today is not to procrastinate the weekend away. Shopping, cooking, a return I have to drive a half hour to drop off. And...work. I need to buckle down this weekend and get some critical components done. My to do list there keeps getting longer while things keep popping up to eat my time. Managing the workload has been a challenge lately. And it's looking like next year will be a huge one for work travel. If it's approved I have something like four trips in February alone.

I'll check the angel tree at Walmart again today. Last week it was literally full of empty tags. I look for small kids who are 2 or so and then beg random people in the kids section for help in picking the right sizes since yeah, no idea there.

Also looks like I need to start the Miralax again today. I'd been off it since my road trip.

Anyway!

Accountability- Black beans

Exercise- Walking!

Menu

Oikos peach triple zero yogurt

Protein bar

Sausage, peppers, onions and black beans

Marinara chicken with spinach and parmesan

Have a good day!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

GracielaSusana
on 12/3/22 3:17 am - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

That cookie cutter is a scream, Melody? Is that yours? If not you should get one for Christmas. I've been owned by 2 feral kittens at different times, each that decided they were going to live with me. I tried to give them away but had them for nearly twenty years. I learned to love them, of course. I got that but hole view every morning, lol Melody I have a small suitcase of just stamps, mostly U.S. that were my mothers. How does one know if there is any thing of value.

QOTD. Nothing comes to mind. If you stay out of the stores, one doesn't hear many songs.

I work today. A lot of tedious chores first thing, but should be an easy day if no emergencies happen. It's my job to deal with them if something happens. I hope to do my Christmas shopping today, online mostly. I only have a few gifts to buy but no idea what to get. My husband is easy, just get something for the house that I have been wanting. We are both to the stage where mostly we are trying to give away those things that we have acquired.

Menu. Left over stuffed shells, a shake. After that, I have no clue. My weight has been in a range of 2 pounds for the last month. Which is fine, I am no longer trying to lose. I have a thrift store pair of silk pants I am hoping to wear this summer to a wedding. The zipper won't quite close, although I have others of that size that do fit. One should try things on but these were purchased online. I either have to lose just a few more pounds or toss them. They are the perfect thing for this event, but I have time.

catwoman7
on 12/3/22 7:44 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

I ended up going way over on calories yesterday because of the luncheon. I hope I didn't up erasing all the gains I've made in the last couple of weeks, since weight loss now means ounces rather than pounds. I have another event this afternoon. And lots of events/invitations to events between now and Christmas. Like I said yesterday, I'm going to have to weed through some of these and drop them, otherwise, even a small weight loss is going to be impossible. I've always been lucky just to maintain during this season.

nothing else on the agenda today, although DH and I will probably go to a couple of bakeries to see what he wants in terms of a cake for his b-day on Tuesday (I'm happy to make one, but it seems clear he wants a bakery cake. So...OK...). I need to get some exercise as well. It's sunny out but really cold, so I'll do a video of some sort or check out the classes at the gym.

QOTD: I love most of the old, traditional songs, but not many of the modern ones (like "Rudolph" and "Frosty the Snowman"). It's hard to pick which one I dislike the most.

B: either Ratio yogurt or plain skyr with cranberry/cherry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: nothing because I haven't even eaten breakfast yet!

L: I'll be at the book discussion group/potluck thing, so who knows. Hopefully I can keep better control today than I did yesterday (actually, I didn't eat like a pig yesterday - but the lunch items were pretty highly caloric, and I ate normie amounts rather than post-bariatric-patients-who-are-trying-to-lose-a-few-lbs amounts. She served champagne, jambalaya, pear pie with a dollop of Cool Whip, and this salad that I could not stop eating (it had Romaine lettuce, chopped apple, cashews, broccoli, chopped pear, grated swiss cheese, dried cranberries, and poppyseed dressing. I had two bowls of that salad - which I calculated was a boatload of calories. I had small-ish portions of everything else, but still, all of those things are loaded with calories).

AS: protein shake

D: I'm thinking eggroll-in-a-bowl. Or if I eat too much at lunch, maybe just a thing of yogurt

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 12/3/22 9:07 am, edited 12/3/22 1:07 am - Warren, OH

For years I gained five or ten pounds between Halloween and Christmas. Then started on 800 calories after New Years until I lost the extra weight. This year I don't see it happening. Because with Weigh****chers for the past year I have eaten anything I wanted and counted the points, I am not craving any holiday treats. I had a piece of apple pie on Thanksgiving. It looked wonderful and tasted awful. There is nothing that I am craving so not likely I will do any binging. But the meal you described might have made me change my mind.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 490 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 228 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 120 views