What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 11/7/22 2:08 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! Happy Monday! Hope you had a great weekend. I was immersed in a boring case study for most of the weekend, but no complaints. It's been crazy warm here--temps in the 70s! It was nice to spend some time outside :)

QOTD: What is the last completely new thing you tried? I went axe throwing last night! The place was called Stumpy's Hatchet House, lol! I had fun! I wasn't great at it but I did hit the bullseye once, so that was exciting!

B: Breakfast Burrito (scrambled eggs, spinach, pepper & cheese on low carb tortilla)

L: Fish

D: Spicy Chicken

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 11/7/22 2:22 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning QJB and menuers,

Glad you got in some outdoor time to offset the case study!

QOTD- Good question! Hard to remember since there's not too much new recently. Maybe some of the DIY stuff around the house. Working with electrical and plumbing components. Don't I know how to have fun? Axe throwing seems popular these days, and your place wins for naming points!

Spent six hours cooking yesterday. Means I did not get some other things done but I am food prepped to the gills. Office day today so I'm getting ready to head up. So happy the sun will be rising as I head in. I think the coming of the day is an endorphin rush for me.

Accountability- Tasted several of the things I made since so much was new.

Exercise- After work. Cramps and headache this morning so I'll be strategic.

Menu

Deviled egg halves x3 - I have 5 kinds of mustard in my fridge. Crazy!

Air fryer cajun garlic butter mushrooms

Keto chili

Spicy green beans

Red curry tofu with tons of veggies!

Cheers everyone!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Melody P.
on 11/7/22 3:15 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone, hope you had a good weekend!

I made it to the concert and thanks to cough syrup didn't have a single coughing "fit" UNTIL I left. I felt like I needed to but I resisted as much as I could. With some of the heavy perfumes and colognes people were wearing I'm shocked I didn't do it.

I'm going to be honest. When I say my legs and back hurt so so much I mean I can barely walk it hurts that much. Every cough sends shooting pain on top of this pain. I'm going to call the pain clinic today and see if I can get in soon. I just need something to help me through this cough stuff. I may also go to a walk in clinic. I just can't keep on doing this. If you could say a prayer for me I'd appreciate it.

QOTD: Not a lot as of late here. The closest I come is an attempt at a new and difficult weave that I totally failed at.

food is up in the air today.

Mel

Emiepie
on 11/7/22 6:06 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Glad you were able to go to a concert. I hope you feel better soon.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 11/7/22 6:58 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Melody, I always pray for you and hope you get rid of the cough soon. Could it be whooping cough? I have had it before, and it is terrible. I would try Mucinex and Sinex that seems to calm those symptoms for me.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 11/7/22 4:02 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and Monday, we meet again.

Busy work day today; I have to catch up on everything I missed last week and we're rolling out a new review process for our next fiscal year (which starts Dec 1) so a lot of work around that today; should be good though.

I went and saw the movie Till yesterday, about the murder of Emmett Till and his mother's strength and bravery in trying to get justice for him. It was heartbreaking, rage inducing and very well done. I remember when I was a freshman in college and we had to read about that case and it was the first I had even heard of it! It was the first time I realized how much some prefer to hide the unpleasant history versus confront it. Also, talk about portion inflation, the small popcorn was huge; I ate 2-3 handfuls and was full so now I have popcorn snack for the rest of the week, if I want it.

QOTD - probably ocean kayaking in the awful dry suit is the completely new fun thing and draining my sprinklers myself is a completely new necessary thing. I would like to try axe throwing.

I will do my rowing today; I've signed up for this month's rowing and yoga challenges, they are only 6 workouts each so very doable.

Menu today

coffee plus half and half X 2

salami and cheese

yogurt

lemon-garlic-ginger chicken breast

left over popcorn, maybe

Have a great Monday and a good start to the week, everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Greateight
on 11/7/22 4:19 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning everybody!

I got completely lucky with the weather this weekend. All three days were shorts weather. The Patriots won, although not in a way that would convince anyone that they were back to prominence.

My flight back to Chicago is early afternoon, so we probably need to leave the Cape around 12:00 noon.

I talked to Marilyn yesterday morning and her team won the Tucson tournament. So they were excited. Lot's of discussion about first set tiebreakers and other things I don't really understand.

QOTD: I went to Gillette Stadium.

Not sure about food today.

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 11/7/22 6:07 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sounds like a great weekend, congrats to Marilyn.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 11/7/22 7:02 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Yeah Marilyn, Safe travels Jim.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 11/7/22 5:00 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Quick post and run, volunteering at the polls today and tomorrow. Don't forget to vote.

QJB - axe throwing? You are a brave soul. I saw an "axe bar" once, when went to SLO and I didn't even go in. I was worried one of the axes might go the other way and hit me.

Nice weekend. Sat breakfast and a long walk on the beach with friends. Then I came home and inspired by Jen winterized my closet, which you might wonder how winter-y can you get in CA? But I put away the shorts and tank tops and brought out the heavier cardigans. On Sun we attended a celebration of life of DH's hs friend. The family had asked for aloha attire for the event, so I ended up wearing one of DH's shirts because the tropical dresses I have are too light for this time of the year. It was a nice celebration; DH gave a speech talking about his memories during high school. I had met the guy only once, but from what people said about him he seems like a very kind person.

Teenie - I guess I was not destined to have the dark chocolate espresso M&Ms. I ordered them through Walmart, received them yesterday. 2 out of 4 bags exploded in the shipping bag. The rest had some sort of white film on the M&Ms, like when the chocolate is old. Kelly found them at CVS, I'll see if I can get them that way. I give up on Walmart.

QOTD: good question, I guess haven't tried anything new recently. Oh wait, I got to help with olive picking while in Italy, and rode a bush cutter.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee + Barebells bar
  • Chicken enchiladas
  • Churros, chocolate covered Bing cherries
  • Jerky
  • E: rest day

Happy start of the week!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
Recent Topics