What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 11/6/22 1:37 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone! Hoping everyone is having a great weekend!

My niece Rachel has an orchestra concert today. I'm not sure if I'll be able to go thanks to my cough. It's in the big concert hall here in town so super fancy. She is pretty good at the violin and she seems to like it now.

Not a lot planned for the day other than that. I may go and sit beside the door/exit in case I need to cough. I'll also load up on a cough syrup before I go.

QOTD: are you a get holiday shopping done early person or a last minute shopper kind of person?

I'm early...all the way. In fact except for stocking stuffers I am pretty much done. Spare a few bigger things. I just one thing for my mom and I'll give cash to my brother and SIL. I'm giving an elf hat to each of my nieces and nephew...filled with mostly fun socks and a little bit of other stuff.

B: JUST egg cup & coffee

L: taco stuff and tamales

D: tamales

S: ???

Mel

GracielaSusana
on 11/6/22 2:49 am - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

Good morning Melody!

I am a last minute shopper. We don't exchange gifts in my extended family so it's just my husband, son and a grandson. This year I have no idea on what to get them. The grandson just needs money, he is saving for a car, but I still need to get some little things that will be fun to open.

It is a work day, just sitting here sipping my coffee. Nothing else planned for today. If I am industrious maybe wash a few windows. I keep putting it off hoping that they will magically get done. Ha!

Menu is largely unplanned for today. Fruit and cottage cheese, banana, maybe the insides of Philly steak and cheese, salad.

White Dove
on 11/6/22 9:31 am - Warren, OH

In my family each child gets a gift from each family until they turn 18. I always had fun finding just perfect gifts for each kid. Last year they all let it be known that they wanted gift certificates, not gifts.

So I put this in each envelope with their gift certificate

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 11/6/22 4:00 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Mel and weekend menuers,

QOTD- Don't celebrate holidays but I'm an anytime gift giver. On my road trip I stopped by Crowley Cheese in Vermont and found what they call their "unusually sharp cheddar". I know my stepfather loves sharp cheeses, so I ordered some for him and it was delivered yesterday. No special occasion needed, I guess!

Some interesting today things before I give up and just get up and be useful for the day. My scale a couple of hours ago officially says I'm below pre-trip weight, so yay! My lower legs are still a bit stiff, so I expect the scale to keep moving. Today, it showed my body fat percentage as 29.99. Not sure how much I believe a bathroom scale but still got excited, especially since when going by just BMI alone, I won't hit that estimated number for almost another 10 pounds.

I also dropped two inches from my hips and 1.75 from my waist since last measurement a month ago. Woo!

This morning I'll feed the dogs, make a cup of tea, and assess how I feel. Was silly to shop hours after eating yesterday so came home with a few extra items like kale, an extra can of peas, and two packages of sliced cheese. Not bad but I know better than to shop hungry-ish. Hunger still feels weird.

Either way today, cooking, exercise, and cleaning are on the list. Order of things is in the air but breakfast feels imminent since yesterday was a bit spotty.

Couldn't sleep since about 2am so spent way too much time researching more recipes to try.

Accountability- Not bad. Chicken and a protein bar since a nap happened.

Exercise - Will elliptical today!

Menu

Going to try a breakfast sandwich using a keto English muffin recipe!

Last of the cube steak. Won't make this again for a while

Kale chips if I get them done. Mushrooms if same

Tuna salad, might make mustard deviled eggs since there are a bunch I need to use

Cheers, everyone!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Maddymoe2
on 11/6/22 5:28 am
RNY on 11/22/16

That cheese sounds delicious. I love giving random gifts. You're doing really well on your weight loss.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 11/6/22 2:06 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Thanks! :) It's a slow loss month but there was a 9 day road trip and 7 day recovery in there. And I'm sure that cheese is good as a part of a charcuterie board...just not so much on its own. :)

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

catwoman7
on 11/6/22 7:51 am
RNY on 06/03/15

If your body fat is 29.9%, then you're normal for a woman. I'd be inclined to go by that rather than BMI. BMI standards don't always work for us because even though we lose muscle and bone as we lose fat, we're still always going to have more muscle and bone than someone who's our same weight but has never been obese (we needed all that extra infrastructure to hold up all that weight). Also, if you have excess skin, there's the weight of that, too (although skin doesn't weigh very much).

When I was 146 lbs (ha! Wish I still was!), I had a DEXA scan to see how much more weight I should lose. Since the BMI for my height goes up to 154, I thought I still could get down another 10 lbs or so. Nope. My fat percentage was 21% - both the scan technologist and my PCP said it was time to stop - that 21% body fat was pretty lean for a woman.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 11/6/22 2:11 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Thanks for that feedback! I should ask my clinic and doctor if they have a body composition machine. My guess is the doctor doesn't. Clinic...might! I've always had a big frame and some doctors thought I would say it as an excuse for being large until one actually felt up my arms for where the bones were. All of that to say...not really sure where loss weight could land for all the reasons you mention. And yep, excess skin with more coming, I'm sure! :)

Glad your doctor did the scan for you. Much as we might have goal numbers, sometimes the data gets in the way. 21% is down there!

Maddymoe2
on 11/6/22 5:25 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Happy Sunday. I was up way to early with daylight savings time. I was trying to figure out what time it was. I finally just got up.

Not a lot planned for today. I am going to clean a bit and do laundry. Do a workout.

QOTD- I have nothing bought for Christmas. I don't know if we are going to do gifts this year as none of us need anything. Probably just a few small gifts.

Food for today-

protein shake with cold brew, sf caramel

Ham and veggie omelet

last of the roast

Not sure what else

Have a great day everyone and be kind to yourself.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 11/6/22 2:13 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Aww, sorry you were up early.

Bet I'm one of the very few people who are happy when daylight saving ends. This timing just feels so much more natural to me. It even got me going this morning when I realized the sun was rising just after six!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 493 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 228 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 120 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.