What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 11/5/22 3:47 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin everyone! Hope you're having a great start to the weekend.

my cough is going to be the end of me...yes I'm being dramatic but it's making my back and legs hurt so so much worse. With every cough there is a ripple of pain through that area...all the way down to my toes. I'm just over it and nothing is helping the cough either.

Not a lot planned for the day. My mom may want to go get some of the groceries for thanksgiving. The long shelf life items anyway. We've settled on our menu. Not 100% happy with it but whatever. I don't eat enough to warrant making special dishes. I am making a fruit pizza which done the way I like is my favorite dessert. The rest I could live without really that we're making...I'm making LOL. I like baking and most cooking so it's not a big deal to me at all. I just wish I could choose what I make, alas I have different tastes than they all do. LOL

QOTD: what is the one food that is a MUST have tradition in your house and/or family?

Breaded fried okra here. It was my grandpa's favorite and he always had it. We are not doing it this year as the packages are big and my mom and me are the only ones who'll eat it. We also usually have to have things like olives and little bites of stuff.

B: JUST egg bowl and coffee

L: small slice of pizza

D: taco stuff

S: ???

Mel

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 11/5/22 4:22 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Mel and weekend menuers,

I'm sorry the cough isn't improving quickly. It sounds terrible for you.

Good luck with shopping. Last week in Walmart I did see fresh cranberries and 9ther holiday-related items in produce. Definitely that time again.

I'll be leaving in a bit to take my car in for maintenance. The doggos are allowed to go and some people at the shop really love them. We may be there a while since they're revisiting maintenance I thought was done before my trip. It's important to keep up with the car and I rely on them to help me stay safe with it.

After that, will drop off the dogs and head back into town. I have a couple of prescriptions ready and need to pick up groceries. Also need a money order since cash apps don't exist in my world and the checks I have are from three or four acquisitions ago.

I've earmarked four or so recipes for this week. A curry, spicy green beans, marinated mushrooms, keto chili...we'll see how much of it gets made. I have high hopes.

Also hoping there wasn't too much in the way of flooding and downed trees from the storms. We'll see once the sun rises! So long as the road didn't wash out, it will be fine.

QOTD- Related to holidays, it's been my mom's fudge and caramel corn recipes. I can reproduce both and gets requests from friends and family for it every year. Sugar, sugar everywhere!

Menu is a bit up in the air but here's a best guess

Cube steak/mushrooms/onions/spinach

Yogurt, seaweed

Might put in an order at cracker barrel, not sure but weird cravings and I kind of want to go by the little store

Cottage cheese pancake

Cheers!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Maddymoe2
on 11/5/22 4:48 am
RNY on 11/22/16

How do you make cottage cheese pancakes?

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 11/5/22 6:10 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Hi!

This is the base recipe I use. One egg, about a third of a cup of ricotta, cottage cheese, or cream cheese. Herbs and spices. Almost crepe-like, but tasty!

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Maddymoe2
on 11/5/22 5:42 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning and happy Saturday. We had some crazy stormy weather last night. High winds and lots of rain. We lost power for a bit. I am curious to see what the outside looks like when it gets light out.

I am going to get my flu shot today, go to the library book sale and go to the dump. Hopefully a nap in the afternoon. I also need to workout.

Melody, I hope you start feeling better and get some relief soon. Coughing is the worst!

QOTD- tomato cucumber salad with fresh motzarella balls

Menu for the day-

2 ham egg cups

( A slice of black forest ham in a muffin tin, onion, fresh basil, sundried tomato, swiss cheese, jalepenos and a beaten egg. I bake at 400 for 20 minutes)

Leftover beef roast

Not sure on dinner, something light and delicious

Partlypollyanna
on 11/5/22 5:55 am, edited 11/4/22 10:55 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

oh..I want to have your family dish for my thanksgiving!...or even today:-)

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

lmfontana4
on 11/5/22 7:49 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I forgot to add a cranberry salad for a traditional food at thanksgiving. Super simple but requires pre planning since it takes 3 days of preparation to allow each step flavors to meld. But very good. It is DD's favorite.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Partlypollyanna
on 11/5/22 5:53 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Saturday!! Mel, I would also love to try something new with the fam for thanksgiving but I've learned over the years they prefer tradition and I like making the family happy so I save the new stuff for more adventurous friends and not at thanksgiving. But seriously, my ginger cranberry sauce is so much better than the can imprinted one, lol.

When they started cancelling flights yesterday morning, we jokingly looked up the time it would take if I decided to just drive home...it was 11 hours and 50 minutes...with flight cancellations, delays, etc it was 11 hours door to door to fly but I was so happy to get home and sleep in my own bed. A couple of other travelers and I just sat at the gate and watched people lose their damn minds, I'm pretty impressed that none of the gate agents called security and had a few people arrested. I would have.

QOTD - everyone gets to pick their favorite dish so we have a pretty straight forward menu, it only changes when we get new people. My choice is always my sister's holiday mashed potatoes; she make them at Thanksgiving and Easter and that is it and they are divine.

I need to get the Halloween decorations down today, some laundry, a little grocery shopping, my kitchen island seems to have become very cluttered so I will clean it off, and I will do the rowing machine too. I sat next to a lady with an extreme widow's hump and years ago my trainer told me that the rower is a great way to avoid that. I know that there can be physical reasons but at least I can make sure I'm counteracting any postural ones. A little extra incentive to get in the workout!

I have to go grocery shopping so outside of coffee, I'm not sure what's on the menu.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 11/5/22 6:21 am - Amarillo, TX

Oh yum on that sauce!

Mel

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 11/5/22 6:35 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Glad you made it home! I feel for the service people who take the brunt of people's tempers in situations like that.

Most Active
Recent Topics
A Year and a Month Out Already.
Watson · 1 replies · 27 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 400 views