What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 11/2/22 3:00 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! Wow, it's finally happened. I completely lost track of what day it is! I legit had to look on my phone to check. This new semester is sort of messing with me because the dates that regular assignments are due is different, and the workload is very different, too. Not necessarily good or bad, just different and something I need to adjust to.

Thanks for your thoughts on yesterday's QOTD. I needed a few reminders about what it was like at the beginning when I was able to make more positive commitments to myself. I am still struggling with good choices but I am more conscious about trying and I hope that lots of little efforts will add up, eventually.

QOTD: What are you reading/watching/listening to these days? I'm not reading anything except for books about management at the moment, but I have My Monticello queued up next. I started watching "The Watcher" on Netflix. Soooo good! A good treadmill show because I don't want to stop! And I have been listening to some good podcasts--Sold a Story and We Were Three are two in particular that I am enjoying.

B: Miracle Muffin & coffee

L: Tuna Melt on low carb tortilla

S: Hard boiled egg

D: TJs Eggwich

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 11/2/22 3:40 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Yay, Wednesday and halfway to the weekend!!

qotd - we are reading Anna Karenina for my Bookclub, and I am reading John Grisham's Boys From Biloxi as well. Just finished the Karen Pirie series on Britbox and I have Inside Man queued up on Netflix. Listening to the Tylenol Murders and Bone Valley podcasts.

Menu

coffee plus half and halfX2

power crunch bar or two cheese sticks

motzarella and tomato sandwich on a salad, no bread

brisket or pulled pork

ex will be a yoga and stretching series

have a great midweek everyone, the weekend is almost in sight!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 11/2/22 4:33 am - Warren, OH

This spring, I found myself constantly getting tired. I had to stop and take breaks no matter what I was doing. I could do yardwork for about 20 minutes, then needed to go inside and rest for 20 minutes. Taking a walk or using stairs was exhausting and left me out of breath. One morning I got out of the shower, felt light headed and fainted as I walked to the bedroom. I came to in the hallway. My face and a lot of my body was covered in black bruises, I had knocked a tooth out of place, and broken my wrist. It took a few days, but was finally diagnosed with blood pressure that was dropping when I stood up. I would be 120/60 lying down and 70/60 when I stood up.

I had to have the tooth pulled and have a partial until I am healed enough for an implant. I had surgery on the wrist and was in a cast most of the summer. They could not do a waterproof cast, so no swimming pool time this summer. After the cast was off and I was making progress with rehab, I was carrying groceries into the kitchen and tripped on the step between the kitchen and family room. That resulted in a broken shoulder.

My family gave me a lot of help but also got together and decided that it was time for me to sell my house and move to a place with no stairs and no levels between rooms. It was a hard decision, but I had to face the reality that I will just be getting older and the house was more than I was going to be able to handle.

I searched for an apartment where I would have no stairs and could bring my cat. Some were really nice, but did not allow pets. My sister offered to give my Gracie a home if I could not find a place that was suitable and also allowed pets. My sister was at the pool one day and a friend was saying that her daughter had a condo that she rented out and the renter was leaving. Her daughter wanted her to move in and she wanted no part of giving up her home and moving into the condo. My sister said that I was looking for a place and it turned out to be a great fit for me and Gracie.

I put the house on the market on a Thursday at 4:00 PM. At 4:10 PM the first request came in for a buyer to see the house. That person came in the morning, offered more than I was asking and I accepted the offer on Friday. It took a month to close the sale and I moved last Tuesday. I spent all week getting unpacked and am close to being finished.

I had expected to stay in my house for another ten years and maybe for life, but life can change quickly. Without the work and expense of maintaining the house, I intend to do a lot more travel. It is like retiring all over again and I believe the right decision for the next part of my life.

Partlypollyanna
on 11/2/22 4:46 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Wow, you went through a lot! I hope you and Gracie will be happy and safe in your new digs!

Jen

White Dove
on 11/2/22 5:08 am - Warren, OH

Thank you. Gracie is 17 and she seems a lot happier with not having to use the stairs to get to her litterbox that was in the basement. She always walked around in the yard at the house and cannot do that here, but I think she is perfectly content with finally being an indoor cat. Of course I bought all of her toys and a wicker chest that she always scratched on. But I don't see her scratching anymore and think that is because she is more relaxed here.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 11/2/22 6:53 am
RNY on 06/03/15

wow - that is a lot! I had no idea! I'm glad it all turned out well, though...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Melody P.
on 11/2/22 5:10 am - Amarillo, TX

That is so much to go through! I am so glad you're in a safer environment and have Gracie too!

Mel

White Dove
on 11/2/22 5:27 am - Warren, OH

Thanks. The first step in treating the low blood pressure is to drink more water and to eat more salt. Potato chips was suggested as a good way to add salt to meals. I never expected a doctor to tell me to eat potato chips.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 11/2/22 6:08 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I have the orthostatic low Bp and low bp in general and I really have more episodes if I don't get 100 oz of fluid in. Amazing how it helps and I was happy to trade "more water" for my pre op "hbp meds", lol. But it's scary!

Jen

Teenie
on 11/2/22 7:08 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

LMNT Is a good way to get in salt without all the calories. I heard about it at the convention and had samples. So far, I like the watermelon. it is good after exercise. Since my exercise has fallen to the wayside, I just use it when I am hung over for now.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 493 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 228 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 120 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.