What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 10/29/22 12:45 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Saturday morning everyone. Hope your weekend is off to a great start!

I've definitely got something percolating in my immune system. I know I shouldn't have mentioned that earlier this week! Ooff! I don't think it's serious and started as allergies. I had a huge shot of antibiotics after my morphine injection so if it was something that would've treated I don't think it'd be getting worse. It's not even getting "worse" it's just really annoying. No cough as of right now and not even a runny nose. A sore throat and my left ear is a bit achy. As I said...annoying!

yestrday was rough with my head and the effects of the antibiotics. Stomach issues until later in the day. We had to run to Walmart and in a moment of weakness I got some candy cane dip and pretzel bites. I shouldn't have the damn pretzel bites but I did. They are my mom's now and I'll still have some of the dip but be accountable for it. I did it, time to learn from it and leave it where it belongs...in the past.

The kids are supposed to come by this afternoon/evening for their Halloween loot and to let us see their costumes. One is a unicorn with a giant head my mom found for her, the other is a star fleet officer from Star Trek and Randall dude is going to be one of his favorite video game characters Link from legend of Zelda. This is probably Rachel's last year of dressing up and trick or treating. Well, the trick or treating really. You can still dress up whenever you want to!

QOTD: what's your favorite Halloween type character...like vampires, witches etc.?

I'd have to say witches. Not just because I've been called witchy. The history of it all is fascinating and sad. Funny thing is that I hate horror movies...A LOT.

B: oatmeal and coffee x2 or 3

L: chicken tortilla soup

D: ??? Maybe a JUST egg bowl

S: ???

Mel

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 10/29/22 2:08 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Mel and weekend menuers,

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well but glad it doesn't seem too bad.

I'm posting from the guest room at my mom's house. I forget how much earlier I get up than them on non work days. Today we're going to a big Goodwill, World Market, and Costco. I might indulge in buying a few clothes at their prices. I also love, love, love World Market and am excited to be going since the nearest one to me is three hours away.

Yesterday was interesting. I got here at about 1pm, logged in and worked for a while. My stepfather asked several times what I can eat and changed up the menu three times. Chicken with toppings? Steak? All fine. We ended up with grilled Italian sausage with peppers and onions...but on a bun. He also made butterscotch parfaits for dessert and tried giving me one. I ate about three small bites to be polite but...seriously? They also gave me a small glass of wine. I took one sip and poured the rest down the drain when they left the kitchen. They're supportive but I have to be pretty on point.

That being said, menu is all up in the air. I'll grab a protein bar from the car to get things started right. Walk the dogs. At least we'll be walking a lot today! My guess is there will also be video games once we get back. Sports stuff on the Switch.

My lower legs are definitely swelled up from all the driving. Not looking forward to what the scale will say when I get home!

QOTD - Maybe ghosts? I did a lot of paranormal research in school and that stuff is fascinating.

Cheers, everyone!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Partlypollyanna
on 10/29/22 5:55 am
RNY on 02/14/18

It's your meal plan, not theirs.

There are occasional people that twill take into account your meal plan, but not many. I find that the people that are most likely to do so are ones that have their own food issues like celiac, peanut allergies, etc. My friend that has celiac has learned how to make the most amazing SF desserts on my behalf (and they were already GF). It's very kind of her.

You will eventually get comfortable with making the choice you want vs pressure to be polite and have a standard phrase you use to decline. I usually just go with "that looks amazing but I"m good, thank you!". On the rare occasion someone persists, I say "maybe I'l have some later" and then I don't. Also, if I do choose to have whatever it is is, it's still my issue, not theirs.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 10/29/22 9:31 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Jen,

I want to say thank you for continuing to surface this. It's a great reminder. And I'm glad you've had the supportive friend!

There are times when saying no is easy. That's really most of the time with strangers. Seems to be family I'll have to work on. You're right...it's up to me to keep making it clear. So far it's just been when things show up fully made on my plate without me asking. Love my mother but she shows love through food.

I like your phrases and will borrow. Thank you.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Partlypollyanna
on 10/29/22 2:36 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I also have a family that loves through food, heck, I still do too!, so I get it 100%

Jen

GracielaSusana
on 10/29/22 3:21 am - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

Good morning!

I am going to go with witches, especially the wicked witch of the west from Wizard of Oz. Feel better Melody. Good for you moving past the food mistakes. I am good about never dwelling on them and find if I don't beat myself up, I make fewer of them in the future. It is what it is and the vast majority of the time i stay on point. Today is a work day and I am not looking forward to it. I work with the elderly and they can have no patience for the fact with the hurricane realities nothing is happening very fast. It is very taxing so at the end of the day I will melt into the chair and not feel like doing anything. I know that some type of Excercise would help but I am not good at talking myself into it when I am mentally exhausted.

Menu. Cottage cheese and raspberries, protein shake, Turkey, veggies, maybe popcorn for a snack, banana and the last pear.

Partlypollyanna
on 10/29/22 5:57 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Maybe she'll keep trick or treating; I don't care how old the trick or treater is, if they dress up, they get candy.

Jen

Melody P.
on 10/29/22 6:50 am - Amarillo, TX

I hope so...she's declared she's getting too old. LOL I once did trick or treating as a 16 year old.

Mel

Amy Liz
on 10/29/22 7:04 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I resemble the mom in that meme! Feeling much better today - just healing sore. The head and body aches are gone. We are going to take the dogs to the park for a walk then I'm meeting my kiddo for a hike and lunch. Afterwards it's all about the Vault set up!

QOTD - I don't have a favorite Halloween character. All the décor we have are mostly cute witches, pumpkins and ghosts. For costumes I think the more creative the better.

Yesterday:

B:coffee and eggs w/cheese and green chili's

l- 1/2 a turkey sub in a tub from Jersey Mikes

d -other 1/2 of sub in a tub

s - 2 BIG glasses of wine and too many protein snacks throughout the day - Quest cookie, Quest chips, Quest caramel candy - why did I buy those? very impulsive of me I usually stay away from those things as they are a slippery slope and I would rather eat whole foods.

e - nothing yesterday

Today will be a much better day!!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

catwoman7
on 10/29/22 7:35 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

it's my mother's birthday today, so it'll be pizza and cake tonight - so I really need to watch my intake the rest of the day AND not eat like a pig tonight. 1-2 pieces of pizza and a small piece of cake should be fine - heavier than usual day, but not a blow-out. Hopefully I'll stick to this. Otherwise, it's a beautiful day so DH and I will go out for a bike ride. Nothing else on the agenda, although I'll probably work on my classes since I'm still a bit behind.

QOTD: I don't really have a favorite

B: plain skyr with berries, coffee with half & half

MS: may hold off on my usual protein shake 'til this afternoon since it's already 9:30 and I haven't eaten breakfast yet

L: salad with shredded chicken breast and light dressing

AS: the aforementioned protein shake or a protein muffin

D: 1-2 pieces of pizza, small slice of cake

have a great weekend, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 493 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 228 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 120 views