What's on your Monday Menu?

Amy Liz
on 10/24/22 6:09 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Great news on your paper and your average - WTG! I had a lovely weekend - lots of fun, relaxing and way too much wine! Going to give that a rest for a bit... This week I have a packed calendar on top of training w/my co-worker before he leaves for good this Friday. It's going really well but this job has less flexibility than my other one. I won't be able to work half days on Friday anymore unless I can find a way...challenge accepted. I love my Friday afternoons.

I pulled the trigger on the Vault - I'm so excited. I'm turning the guest room into a gym - no excuses.

Loving listening to 11-22-63. Not enough hours in the day to read. I cherish my commute.

QOTD - I had glasses in 7th grade to see the board, but didn't like wearing them. In my 30's they became necessary to function and now I'm full on progressives - regular and sunglasses. I can't do contacts and not a candidate for Lasik.

Yesterday:

b-coffee, egg, cheese and mushrooms scramble

l-bloody Mary and grilled artichoke ou****ching football, and a small slice of Robs pizza

d -taco salad bowl

+ so much wine. I have no proof, but I'm sure I ate something I shouldn't have.

e - 56 active minutes - walking the dogs and watching TV on the treadmill

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Partlypollyanna
on 10/24/22 8:24 am
RNY on 02/14/18

How exciting about the vault! I can't wait for your review:-).
I have found it's nicer to workout in my dedicated space downstairs. It's funny that I made a huge difference

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 10/24/22 12:32 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

That is what I'm hoping for!!

lmfontana4
on 10/24/22 9:45 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I really liked 11-22-63. An interesting idea on changing the past and the butterfly effect that occurs may not be what you would expect. I recommend Bag of Bones if you havent listened to that one also. Stephen King actually reads that one. I am currently listening to Schindler's List. I have never seen the movie but know the basic concept.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Amy Liz
on 10/24/22 12:33 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

I will check out Bag of Bones -thanks!

Greateight
on 10/24/22 6:27 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

My friend Chrissy thinks this is heresy, but I like college football better than pro. So, when I was thinking of Crossfit, chili, football, it was primarily Saturday that I had in mind...

I started out the weekend with high hopes for a great night of sleep Friday mainly because of Josh:

I told you guys I would do it on Thursday, but ended up doing it on Friday because of a long work day Thursday. I thought that it went pretty well - 27 minutes exactly. Did the OHS in big sets: 14/7, 10/5 and then 9 unbroken. But pull-ups are slow going with this big old body.

Nevertheless, Friday sleep was the same mediocrity as usual: 5 hours, up to pee, lay in bed for an hour and a half debating between starting my day with a caramel calcium chew or trying to fall back to sleep. Ultimately, I got back to sleep for about an hour and a half.

Marilyn asked me if I would run out and get her a cold brew while she started prepping the chili. When I walked through the door with our coffees (and a completely unnecessary piece of pumpkin pepito loaf) she asked me "what are you doing today?"

In my mind I said "****", because she knew what we were doing Saturday, but to her I said "Well, I need to go to Crossfit at 12:15. I am free the rest of the day."

Then she said "Ford just called, they have my Bronco and an Outer Banks 4 door" also, no problem with Crossfit because she had tennis at 1:00.

Pounded the loaf and changed and we were off. The original plan was to go, decide between the 2 and 4 door models and Marilyn would return Monday to buy it.

Well, we got there, she saw it on the lot and declared "I love it!!" It turned out that the 4 door, though a cool color was another stripped down model: Cloth top, cloth seats, small computer screen. The Monday plan went out the window.

Now loving the 2 door is one thing, but missing tennis is another matter entirely. So we went to the bank for a cashier's check in an amount close to what the final would be and split up for our weekend sports. After Crossfit (A couplet of 10,9, 8 etc. descending bench presses at 135 and ascending 1, 2, 3, etc. deadlifts at 205), lunch and a shower I had an hour and a half to watch the games.

Marilyn came back and we were on. Here I made my mistake. I hadn't tested my sugar yet, and rather than bring my meter, I just figured I would snack on a protein bar and test when I get home in a couple of hours. About that.

Why does it take longer to close on a car than a house? We came, test drove the car, filled out a credit application even though we weren't financing, waited for indeterminate time periods, asked if somebody could put on the football games, explained the difference between Oklahoma and Oklahoma State to the sales guy, watched videos about rust coating, listened to sales pitches about extended warranties, programmed the car so it could be started by phone, met with the woman to pass papers, etc.

All the while, people kept coming by offering me snacks. You know that I love a good snack. But I couldn't eat because it was getting late and I still hadn't tested yet, which meant that I would be eating dinner at 10:30 while I waited for the required two hours to pass since the snack.

I should have weighed when I got home because I would have been back in the 220's. I could literally feel myself losing weight at the dealership: my clothes were getting baggy, skin on my stomach was gettin looser, muscles were more pronounced in the mirror.

Finally it happened:

More importantly, I got to test and finally eat. And yes, of course, all of Marilyn's friends responded with "who is that man in the car with you?" It's the salesman, I'm not being replaced. As far as I know.

She is probably going to order the same vehicle in four door and trade it in when that arrives, which should be at least another year. The 2023 order banks aren't even open yet. Yesterday, she took me to Domino's but we had to drive with the windows down so that her car wouldn't smell like pizza.

QOTD: At distance I am 20/20, but if I forget my reading glasses I have to hold the menu at arm's length to read it.

Breakfast: egg sandwhich

Lunch: Pizza

Dinner: Chili

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Mkess
on 10/24/22 8:10 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Congrats on getting the new car, it's beautiful. You are a CrossFit beast! I always am impressed by your commitment and consistence in working out.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Amy Liz
on 10/24/22 8:22 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I love it too! Yay Marilyn!

Lisa91941
on 10/24/22 8:43 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Losing weight at the dealership.

Emiepie
on 10/24/22 8:59 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Love the jeep!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
Recent Topics
A Year and a Month Out Already.
Watson · 1 replies · 27 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 400 views