What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

catwoman7
on 10/21/22 5:27 am
RNY on 06/03/15

are these the same people who used to have Mona? It's too bad they can't be banned from having pets. They sound like terrible pet owners!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Melody P.
on 10/22/22 4:44 am - Amarillo, TX

Same house but these are renters from the previous pos.

Mel

Maddymoe2
on 10/21/22 6:57 am, edited 10/20/22 11:59 pm
RNY on 11/22/16

Melody,

I'm sorry about your neighbor. I have a similar situation. My neighbor of 20 plus years who I adored, passed away. Her daughter bought the house. She has an unneutered male dog that comes in my yard and pees on everything. She also has an unneutered male cat that has attacked my elderly cat on our front porch as well as my other neighbors cat. I am not a fan of unneutered males. She also ties the dog up and leaves. It barks constantly. Her yard looks horrible. I think she has mowed 2 times since the spring. It makes me sad. I think a fence is in my future. I have tried to talk to her about things, but she doesn't seem to "get it".

Teenie
on 10/21/22 7:13 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

That suck. I feel bad for the pets. I would call the authorities. I could never deal with it. Hope it gets better.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 10/22/22 4:45 am - Amarillo, TX

That just stinks so much! This certain house has always had trashy folks. They usually don't even care about themselves let alone other neighbors.

I'd be getting a fence I think...in your situation!

Mel

White Dove
on 10/21/22 10:35 am - Warren, OH

I read once about a person whose neighbor had dogs barking at night. He recorded the barking and then set up a loud speaker and aimed the recording at the neighbors house when the dogs were quiet.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 10/21/22 5:27 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

The "moms" and I have an appt at another continuous care facility today at 11:00, then we're going out to lunch. DH and I are going to a wine & cheese party this evening. Other than that, I'm hoping to get a long bike ride in. Temp will be great. It'll be too windy this morning, but should be OK by around 3:00 - so I'll do it then. Tomorrow I'm meeting up with one of my cousins in Iowa. Nothing on the agenda for Sunday (yet...) - but probably more outdoor activities since it's going to be a great weekend weatherwise...

QOTD: nothing is coming to mind - although I've been thinking maybe I should try yoga again. I used to belong to a studio and went probably three days a week, but I got kind of burnt out on it when I went to India three years ago. And then the pandemic hit, so the studios here were all closed. I went to a "sound bath" last night at my old studio, and it was great to see a few familiar faces (and the sound bath was fabulous, too....)

between going out to lunch and then the wine & cheese thing tonight (I'll probably skip dinner since there will be eating and drinking at the party), I really don't have a menu in mind, so this is pretty sketchy:

B: plain skyr with fruit, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: ??? depends on where we go. I'll try to be reasonable

MS: something with a lot of fat or fiber so I (hopefully) won't overdo it at the party..

D: party!

have a great day, everyone!

Partlypollyanna
on 10/21/22 6:53 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I know you also were a fan of their Cookish cookbook so I thought of you when I ordered Milk Street's latest "cook what you have" -- will let you know if it's good or not.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 10/21/22 7:29 am, edited 10/21/22 12:29 am
RNY on 06/03/15

oh yes - please do! I also have "Fast & Slow", "Tuesday Nights", and one of their Mediterranean cookbooks, too..

Amy Liz
on 10/21/22 5:53 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I resemble that meme 100%. I hope your class is as amazing as your cookies. Yesterday was super busy as will be today. I really like the new job but fear I will get bored in a couple of months as it's so repetitive. My other job is very different - interactive and challenging. My goal is to promote in 2 years to the upper management job I really want and sail into retirement from there. Tonight I'm finally making the tacos from Tuesday and getting our scary movie on. Rob's pic tonight is Psycho. Tomorrow, I'm meeting my son at Pismo Preserve for a hike then lunch at In and Out - otherwise not much beyond shopping, chores and a could of projects around the house. Maybe a nap!

QOTD - I'd like to get into strength/weight training, but don't want to go back to a gym. I'm thinking of getting the NordicTrack Vault.

Yesterday:

B- coffee, TJ's egg-wich

l- chicken bites, Mexican cauli rice

d- slim Jim and protein bar from gas station

+ 2 big glasses of wine

e - 37 minutes of active time. The app doesn't track distance while on the treadmill because they use GPS, so even if I go 2 miles it will say .33 or something. Plus it only tracked 30+ minutes of a 45 minute workout? I don't get it. I'm just going to use other from now on instead of walk for the treadmill.

Have a great day and weekend!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Most Active
Recent Topics
A Year and a Month Out Already.
Watson · 1 replies · 27 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 400 views