What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 10/13/22 3:05 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Friday Eve! I had a great time at dad's dinner last night. We convinced my nephew and his girlfriend to join us, so it was extra special :) Unfortunately my nephew's pathology report wasn't great, so I am glad we can get him out of the house to distract him.

I had originally thought that I would be taking today "off" and we would take a leaf peeping trip up to NH, but I think it would be smart for me to start next week's assignments early, since I am heading into finals week. I also have a ton of cookies stuff due on Tuesday, including a wedding order, so I need to plan my time carefully. Instead of a big trip today, maybe we will find a nice local spot to walk and enjoy the colors :)

QOTD: Where's your favorite place to go in the fall? My favorite place is called Pickety Place. It's huge herb garden up in NH that is also a restaurant. The have a prix fixe menu that changes monthly, based on the fresh herbs in season. The restaurant is adorable, the food is amazing, and the gardens are stunning. I love going there all year, but in the fall, it's particularly lovely! Here is a link to the monthly menus!

I had 1/2 of a biscuit, 2 Dollywoods, plus a few bites of pulled pork, sliced brisket, and collard greens. Sooooooo yummy!

B: Costco Egg Bites

L: Chicken

D: Insides of Costco Tacos

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Greateight
on 10/13/22 4:00 am, edited 10/12/22 9:21 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

We have to leave early Friday morning for Alabama because its parent's weekend for my youngest. So, I am going to post my Friday photos this morning and probably do a quick airport post, by phone, tomorrow morning.

Given that it may be the last time he allows us to come visit, we would be foolish to pass it by. I'm sure that it will be the only football game of his college career.

My Red Drum, Marilyn dancing with the Land Shark and our picture before the festivities commenced on Friday night.

RNY thread OG's may recall Marilyn's romper from the Great Target Designer Collaboration of 2019.

I drove around Chicagoland Targets trying to find Sheila the Missoni Cardigan ("the long one Jim"). Meanwhile Sheila's DH could not believe that there was an adult male who knew about the collaboration event and was trying to buy his wife a sweater.

I am pretty sure that he expected to receive an email that I had crashed my car on the way into the Target parking lot and needed $7,000 for repairs, but not to worry because I was a Nigerian Prince and could repay him with untold riches.

In the end it was a push. None of Sheila's retirement funds were routed into numbered accounts in Cypress. But I couldn't get hold of a Cardigan either. We were all skinny minnies back then.

The concert was good. Six songs from Tommy with a local orchestra. Eight other Who songs, mostly from Who's Next and Hooligans. The orchestra came back for 4 songs from Quadrophenia. Love Reign O'er Me and Baba O'Reilly were the encores. Katy Jacoby, the woman who played the violin solo on Baba O'Reilly was amazing. Steven page, one of the former members of Bare Naked Ladies opened.

I better run. Busy day work wise, plus I have to get to the gym and pack today.

QOTD: Once we went to Bora Bora in the fall. But I'm going to stick with the spirit of the question and say hiking in the White Mountains New Hampshire.

Breakfast: Fritatta

Lunch: Ahi Tuna Salad

Dinner: Hello Fresh

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 10/13/22 6:06 am
RNY on 08/11/14

LOVE THE PICS! Oh, I remember that Target hunt!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

lmfontana4
on 10/13/22 7:18 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Baba O'Reilly! A must hear at a Who concert.

I am impressed with the fish. I had never heard of a Red Drum before now. What type of fish is it similar to?

Great pictures. Cute romper on wifey. Have fun with your son.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Greateight
on 10/13/22 7:27 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Redfish is a mild white fish, similar to Snapper or Grouper maybe. Mine had to be released, but the ones in the 20-28 range made it into the fish tacos later that night.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Amy Liz
on 10/13/22 7:20 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Great pics!! Glad you enjoyed The Who! You just brought back some great memories from high school.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Sheila_H
on 10/13/22 8:29 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Wow, I had forgotten about that. I think I did find a couple of Missoni items but was disappointed in how they looked and returned them. But was never able to find the long cardigan.
Marylin with the shark is very cute.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Teenie
on 10/13/22 2:05 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I remember Tarket hunt. I love the photos. Skinny Minnies wow I miss those days.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 10/13/22 5:16 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone. JB so sorry to hear about the not so great pathology report for your nephew. I have and will continue to keep him in my prayers! As well as your entire family.

Yesterday went ok at the pool. It was a heated small pool of about 5 feet deep at the deepest. The heat was particularly nice. However I am the sorest I've been in a very long time. 12 out of 10 on the pain level scale. I'm so hoping that the pain pump trial is a success because honestly I don't know what I'll do if it is not. If it isn't I'll likely try to get another opinion on my back and hopefully see a neurosurgeon instead of a NP. I will likely get a message into the pain clinic to tell them the muscle relaxer is causing severe itchiness. I'll have this sensation of a pin ***** type of pain then it gets super itchy in that spot. It happening everywhere. My face is particularly annoyingly itchy. I'm at a loss for what to do as Benadryl isn't touching it and neither is Claritin.

Today we may run to Sam's. I've been wanting some raspberries and my mom wants a rotisserie chicken. I miss fruit atm. I also think I forgot to mention my doctor doubled the Ozempic. It made me just a little queasy yesterday for a few hours. Hopefully it'll speed up the WL just a tad. My eating ended up not so great yesterday. Not a disaster but I had 6 whoppers candy pieces and a piece of dove chocolate. I resisted the hard candy except for a couple of peppermints(not all at once through the day). Like I said not a disaster but not a good thing either. I accounted for them and now it's time to move on.

QOTD: Fall tends to be a short lived season here in the Texas Panhandle. It last about a week. We usually go from warm to darn cold in the blink of an eye. So the leafs tend to drop off the trees overnight before changing. There are some oaks that if we're lucky turn crimson red a bit but again...we have to be lucky. I love Colorado in the fall. I would love to visit the Rocky Mountain National Park in the fall.

B: JUST egg bowl and coffee x2

L: either a salad with chicken lunch meat or a quinoa protein bowl thing

D: rotisserie chicken breast or one leg, carrots and maybe I'll makes the mashed heart of palms stuff I have in the pantry

S: GF waffle, balsamic vinegar, popcorn and ??? Probably a PP shake.

Mel

catwoman7
on 10/13/22 5:49 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

the underwater cycling class was interesting - not that intense, but I used some muscles I evidently rarely use, since I was feeling it last night and a little this morning. We did things like peddle forward - and then in reverse - then take one foot off the bike so we were just peddling with the right foot - and then with just the left. We also did these push-up things against the handle bars while peddling. I wish the instructor would have had some loud, fun music playing while we peddled. There was the music that's normally piped into the gym, but I would have liked something specifically for the class. Although this is all new, so they probably just haven't figured it all out yet. My Fitbit didn't record anything, surprisingly, but then I think I got more resistance benefit out of the class than I did cardio, and Fitbits don't really record that. I manually put it in MFP as the slowest stationary bike pick - because I'm sure I burned up *something*! (plus I want to remember that I did exercise...)

I'm going to focus on reading today because I really need to get through these books for my book discussion group. I'll head out to the library or a coffee shop with cushy seating later this morning so I'll actually do it, because I haven't been very successful doing it at home. Lots of other stuff I need to be doing, but this is taking priority right now.

QOTD: I don't have a specific place, but I do pick up a bag or two of apples at one of the local apple orchards in the fall. I'm usually not an apple fan, but the ones that come from the orchard can be pretty damn tasty! I wanted to pick some up for sure this year since this is supposedly a banner year for apples. The Honeycrisps I got are excellent. The other kind (I think they might be Gala? Can't remember) are good but not great like the Honeycrisps. I think I'll use some of those in a dish I need to make for a party next weekend (we're supposed to bring a dessert or an appetizer). I'm thinking apple bars or an apple bourbon bundt cake...

B: plain skyr with fruit, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake? Or if I'm at a coffee place, probably a latte made with 2% milk and SF syrup

L: chicken salad (made with Greek yogurt - plus celery, apples, blueberries, and walnuts)

AS: probably yogurt with berries, since I ate the last protein muffin yesterday

D: salad with chicken and light dressing

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 500 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 399 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 419 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 231 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 121 views