on 10/11/22 1:16 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Absolutely!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Queen JB
on 10/12/22 2:12 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Do you take Omeprezole or any other acid reducer every day? It might help to try taking them for a week and see if your hunger gets any better. I had absolutely no symptoms for most of the time, except for a grumbly hungry tummy. I usually just take it for a few weeks at a time but I am going to stick with it long term this time.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Teenie
on 10/12/22 6:39 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Thanks for that information. Pre surgery they determined I had acid reflux but I thought they were just pushing through a diagnosis so I would get insurance approval. I have never had heartburn in my life. I'm going to put in my notes to my doctor and see if he is will be willing to test me again.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 10/11/22 6:55 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I have a virtual class this morning that I think I'll skip because I want to go biking (I originally planned to go this afternoon, but it's going to be too windy - this morning is better). The class will be recorded, so I can watch it this afternoon instead. I think it's supposed to rain tomorrow and after that the highs will be back down in the 50s, so I'd like to bike today to enjoy the warm-ish weather. I need to be back by 12:30 since I'm running the Zoom software for a presentation I arranged for one of my organizations (an educational organization for adults age 50+). The presenter heads up one of the two major research studies that the university is doing on Alzheimer's (I'm in one of the studies), and he'll be talking about the current research and new discoveries, so I'm a little surprised we only had around 35 people register. I'm hoping the next lecture I arrange will have a better response - but this one is a bit baffling given the topic. Maybe people are burnt out on Zoom programs in general - not sure. Anyway, it should be interesting.

we went out to dinner last night to celebrate my MIL's birthday. I just ordered the salad bar, but I completely blew it (not so much with the salad (I just did one trip, even though it was "all you can eat")), but between the dressing, the "ham gratin" soup, the bread they brought to the table (for all of us to share), and the carrot cake - well, forget it. Hopefully it won't be too much of a setback, because I've been doing pretty well since getting home from the OH conference. Oh well - all I can do is get back to it today. But I'm not too happy with myself...

QOTD: No - however, I still have my cat costume from the conference and will keep it in case I ever need to dress up for anything in the future.

B: plain skyr with chia seeds and fruit, coffee with half & half

MS: probably nothing

L: salad with chicken breast & light dressing

AS: protein muffin or protein oatmeal topped with skyr and fruit

D: chicken salad (made with plain Greek yogurt)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Julia S.
on 10/11/22 7:02 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- If I can sew a vest to go over the costume I bought I will. It's more like a long sleeved nightgown than a renaissance gown.

Another beautiful day at the nature park. I took different paths and it was all beautiful. Some how I missed the lake and ducks before but saw them this time. I would like to take all of the paths eventually. I'm so lucky to have such a gorgeous place so close by.

Still no work, I was told I would have something soon. Hopefully today. I'm trying to not let it stress me out.

The kittens were helping to decorate for Halloween, not that they were much help. We need to get some more tombstones for our graveyard, and a few other things. We should fini**** tonight.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

lmfontana4
on 10/11/22 7:45 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Happy Taco Tuesday-

How many of you celebrate taco Tuesday by eating Tacos? I usually dont even think about it, but I do see places offering special prices for tacos.

QJB-I am happy to hear you are feeling better and got a lot done. Yesterday was pretty productive for me. I actually did stir the compost bin outside and saw that I do have some actual compost brewing. I just need to be more diligent about mixing it more frequently. My problem is that my bin is open on the bottom and is over a rock bed. So it makes it hard to scoop up the stuff that is directly over the rock bed (I usually end up with lots ot rocks in the compost). I think I have created a solution to help correct this. Anyway, it is done for now and I will be adding leaves to the pile when we rake those up (lots of leaves still i the trees). At work today with just the usual paperwork and one zoom class to attend.

QOTD: I usually do not dress up for Halloween. My kids like to decorate outside the house to make it spooky for the trick or treaters. In the past, they have also done things to scare the older kids, which the older trick or treaters seem to like.

Accountability: Excellent

B: triple zero greek yogurt with keto granola, blueberries, cold brew with half n half

L: Summer salad with turkey, light poppy seed dressing

S: protein frosty

D: Asian salad with Turkey and sesame ginger dressing

S: 4 squares sf chocolate, 100 cal bag popcorn

E: 60 minutes Hot Power Yoga

Have a great day.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Queen JB
on 10/12/22 2:14 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I don't try to eat tacos specifically on Tuesday but they are on my menu several times a week so it's no surprise when it ends up on Taco Day!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
Recent Topics
A Year and a Month Out Already.
Watson · 1 replies · 27 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 400 views