What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 10/9/22 12:50 am - Amarillo, TX

good mornin everyone...hope y'all's weekend is going well.

In the past 48 hours I've gotten roughly 6 hours of sleep. This little cold snap is not going so well pain wise. It's going to be a long and hard winter for me. We had multiple fronts move through with a lot of rain the past 5 or so days. All I can say is ouch.

Not a lot planned for the day. We may go to a soccer game if it's not canceled. We have to run something over to a cousins house. I'm sure there is something more my mom has planned too but I can't remember what it is.

QOTD: Something simple...what are you looking forward to this week?

My first aquatic therapy appointment Wednesday!

B: oatmeal and coffee

L: will make that fry bread today...my mom made chili last night so I skipped it

D: maybe a taco salad!

S: not sure...prob a mini bag of popcorn and maybe a PP shake.

pics of my some of my babies from yesterday

Mel

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 10/9/22 2:31 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Mel and weekend menuers,

I hope it gets better for you, especially with the pain pump coming, hopefully. Don't know about you but naps during the day are absolutely a thing if they can happen when I don't sleep.

QOTD - The IPL treatment tomorrow, I think. Not a fan of doctors or needles in general, so this gives me something to look forward to the same day. I have some things packed to take with me to the doctor. They're going to love it. I should also move to the stage four diet tomorrow, which is the last on their list. Pretty sure it won't include other kinds of carbs though until I'm closer to goal. I think it said at least six months from surgery and then the dietician will assess. I'm looking forward to more regular textures. And trying things like protein chips and RGF balls.

I did exercise yesterday, though it was definitely at less intensity. My stomach and guts are surviving but still not 100%. Progress!

I also baked the puppy cake. Will do a little decorating of it today before letting the dogs have some. I'm not creative at all these days, even with JB and Mel cake and cookie inspiration. :) Fortunately, the dogs don't care and will only see a treat.

Since I'm up, will head to the store this morning so I can be a 6am shopper again. Sugar scrub is on my list, along with some base ingredients to make a ketoish clam chowder. It seems ketoish spins on recipes will be the way to go for a while!! My plan is to give that a try the first time the temps get into the 30's at night. Supposed to hit the mid 80's again this week, so I may have a while to wait.

Will also water the stuff again as early as possible. Just a constant job this almost rain-free summer and fall. I need to cook at least one bulk recipe item to support the week. Then probably at least a half day of work. Oh, and some digging through my closet to see how much of my different sized wardrobes I kept in the move to this house. I'm putting off buying anything but it's getting to the point where not much fits. A good problem to have.

Accountability- Nothing to report other than that I'm struggling with water for some reason. Maybe some tea today?

Exercise - Elliptical at some point. Hopefully early.

Menu

PS20/fiber/collagen

Ricotta pancake with fresh mozzarella and spinach

Yogurt and seaweed

Ground turkey with taco seasoning, maybe with broccoli or California mix

Happy Sunday everyone!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

White Dove
on 10/9/22 4:52 am - Warren, OH

Not sure what IPL is but hope it goes well for you. Are you using the Eggface website for new recipe ideas? I found her very helpful. I found a good consignment store and took clothes there and kept getting smaller sizes. I thought I had stabilized at size 12 and bought a bunch of new things in that size. I ended up at size 4 and sometimes they were too big. After regain and 15 years, vary between 6 and 8 depending on the brand and style.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 10/9/22 5:51 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Thanks! IPL is intense pulsed light therapy. Through the aging process I have the most damage on my face in general. Some of it is genetic, some of it is accumulated damage, etc. This should help with some of the redness, sun damage, and veins.

Yes on Eggface. I've got a ton of stuff saved in favorites. I've made some mini meatloaves and modified ricotta recipes but it's hard to access anything since it looked like Eggface moved to...Instagram, I think? I don't have any of the socials and they really want you to sign up to access it. I do spend more time than is probably good looking up recipes to try, so there are a fair few options.

Thanks for sharing on sizes. The smallest I've been in my adult life is a 10, so have a few things from then. There's a Goodwill not too far from here and since I'm not fashion forward at all, I forsee that in my future more than consignment shops, sadly. I'm in the minority, I think, with my frustrations with women's clothes being designed for fashion over function. :) will probably start downsizing my wardrobe soon. Bit hesitant about doing it because of the yo-yo history...but they should go! Might still be worth checking consignment shops.

I did pick up some Dove pomegranate sugar scrub today. :)

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Partlypollyanna
on 10/9/22 7:40 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Are you sure it's not your browser? I don't have any issues on her blog site on my laptop. She doesn't add much new but the content is still there. I just use the archive bar on the left.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 10/9/22 5:55 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

I am not sure about the browser. :) The menu wasn't super navigable so it's quite possibly user error. And yes, pretty much no new content since about...8 years ago? I spent a few hours going through all of the linked recipes embedded in other recipes and just searching with the term Eggface. I will keep trying! Chrome might work better.

GracielaSusana
on 10/9/22 2:55 pm - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

I bought most of my clothes from ThredUp online consignment. Once you learn to use the filters, it makes finding what you need easy. I like that you can filter for "new with tags" or like new to get high quality items.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 10/9/22 6:03 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Oh hey, thanks for sharing. I've heard good things about them but no specifics. Could be worth checking out! Right now my theory is still that if I can put the shirt on, it's all good. Even if I'm swimming in it. :)

GracielaSusana
on 10/9/22 4:28 am, edited 10/8/22 9:29 pm - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

Good morning! I have returned from the Keys and back to work. They have cut back to 12 hour operation for a bit to ease recovery. We were on generator power, but today we are back to electric service. The campus looks like a war zone after Ian. So much damage to Fort Myers and the beaches. It will take years to fix this. It will take my DH and self at least a month to clear the yard of debris. It is unbelievable how much there is. I have been through countless hurricanes but this one was the worst. We are lucky that our home only had some roof damage. Insurance adjuster is coming next week. Our fence was severely damaged by trees falling on it so puppy does not have the run of the yard. Work is exhausting with staff and clients needing answers and things fixed. We are winging everything. It was so bad when I came home yesterday I immediately fell asleep.

QOTD. Looking forward to a hot shower. There isn?t enough water pressure for one. We should have it restored today or tomorrow. Yes! Next week will be better for sure.

Menu. Protein shake. Meal provided by work as they know some staff don?t have power back. There is no choice or menu. Yesterday it was brisket and mixed veggies, broccoli cauliflower etc. So good items in the box. Dinner will be eggs.

Melody I am so sorry you are hurting still. My prayers will continue that you wil see some relief from the pain pump.

White Dove
on 10/9/22 4:54 am - Warren, OH

So sorry for what you are going through. Enjoy the shower.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 500 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 399 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 419 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 231 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 121 views