Thursday Menu n Activities

FinallyBecomingMe
on 10/6/22 7:22 am, edited 10/8/22 5:48 am

Good Morning Menuers!

Your introductions are super interesting- you never could imagine people s backgrounds- truth is truly stranger than fiction!

I am She Who Cannot Be Named, was born in Europe in communist Hungary, snuck out with my parents, a car, ( a great luxury) and two hundred dollars , camped in Paris and in Asia for over a year including a snowy winter and hiking big snow covered mountains and finally made it to New York City where I fell in love with Times Square literally from the cab window at age four.

While my Mother was literally shaking I was plotting how to get them to let me out and further observe the midget preaching on the corners, the hookers, the brightly lit movie theaters and peep shows- clearly wasnt quite the average kid even then.

Grew up in a historic elite prep school town in Massachusetts where my folks perfectly middle class ranch house made me feel like I was from the wrong side of the tracks - my professional folks rampant selfishness in not buying me school clothes or letting me participate in just about anything ( my free slave labor was required at home ) didn't help me fit in either nor did the fact that I was always the tallest and biggest in every class until my second year in high school - often by a head !

Organized sports saved me - I loved kicking little boys a?.sses and never felt a bit if guilt . The more violent the sport the better - I loved rugby, football, basketball and eventually landed starting in Mens ice hockey for my four years of high ( prep ) school in New Hampshire . I was co captain and highest scorer on a two year undefeated team and would have accepted a full ride to college and probably been an Olympian had I not gotten hurt my senior year. I also started in Mens JV Lacrosse and held a long time state record for Womens Cross Country and 9th grade breastroke !

This was probably the only time I didnt feel unacceptably fat though the 27 -29 ( non stretchy) jeans I used to wear ( which i wear now ) are perfectly normal to small but I always felt like a great bellied lummox compared to the sylphlike and graceful girls in my class .

Socially from seventh grade on through high school performing also saved me and my dream was to make that and fine art my career.

I did not have my Parents support needless to say for either (or any other future for that matter - talk about ungrateful and unfair individuals- but what can you expect from unending selfishness? ) and ended up kicking around ( in NYC of course ****il now.

Ive never had what youd call a serious job but there were chapters of struggling restoring TOTALLY DERELICT real estate, local politics, urban planning and bringing funds and builders into a depressed community and drastically improving it , film school a near miss withlaw school and finally getting my securities broker licenses which I wont bore you with. I currently also run a small crafts business on Etsy and am exhibiting some art.

I had proximal RNY as a lightweight 12 years ago and it cured my diabetes and HBP. I am still at goal weight ( 139 currently ( the top ) and 5 9 .) My immediate dream is to save and rent my Long Island home, add on gardens and a floor to my Brooklyn apartment and restart my acting career which died on the vine in the me-too years. I also take care of my perfectly self sufficient and obscenely healthy athletic Parents in Florida part of the year and try to travel the world as much as possible.

Currently im enrolled six days per week in art school which I ADORE and live with two adult cats ( my parents while they visit Europe half the year ) and two REALLY BAD little kittens.

b- leftover chicken francaise w squash carrots in ff lemon butter sauce Chai tea latte ff sf

s- ff cream of mushroom soup cherry turnover

l- tbd

d- chocolate mousse and a sandwich

Late night snack - salad w ff dressing or air popped popcorn

Sheila_H
on 10/6/22 9:29 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 500 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 399 views