What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 10/1/22 1:36 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Saturday mornin everyone, it's the weekend!

Kind of a busy day ahead for me. I just got the cake put in the oven. Since I have to cut it to shape I will need to freeze it a little bit before I frost it to keep the crumb coat manageable. Just makes it easier for me. Listening to Slipknot's new album this morning, it's nice to have something new from them but honestly it's not my favorite of theirs. I prefer a little heavier sound from them...it's solid just not their best IMO.

We are having the party at a local park so we'll go try to find a spot around three as they have a few soccer games this morning. I'm not feeling great, sinus issues and especially bad leg pain today. Had a bloody nose yesterday...yay.

QOTD: what's your favorite cake/baked goodie?

It's funny...I love to bake but don't actually like cake just a whole lot. I like Italian crème cake and carrot cake done right. Unfortunately I do love/hate bread. It's the bane of my existence! Esp since I shouldn't eat gluten...it's doubly bad for me lol. I guess out of everything pffernueswn are my most favorite!

B: JUST egg cup and coffee

L: chicken tortilla soup with two tostada shells

D: GF pizza

S: I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't try some frosting or cake.

Mel

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 10/1/22 3:04 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning!

That. Is one creepy meme. :) Good luck on the cake today. Sounds like you've got this! I watched a couple of episodes last night of a show called "Is It Cake?". They seemed to do a lot of carving and sculpting as well. Requires a lot of skill and creativity.

QOTD- Not a big fan of sweet stuff (or try not to be). Maybe a good apple fritter, an imported German torte, or something European. I appreciate that their stuff doesn't taste as sweet as ours.

I'm sore again today from working to keep up with a taller, very skinny person during our half hour of walking, plus the paddling. I'm 5'7.5", so always fun for me when I feel short next to other women. Best guess is she was at least 5'11". Good cardio walk! Glad to be home for the weekend.

Normal activities here. Cooking, cleaning, laundry, watering. I'll go into town today. Have a thing to read for work, so might do that, too. Mammogram scheduled for Monday that I've been delaying.

Accountability- Porq rinds (name brand). I'm not supposed to have crunchy things yet but I chewed well and haven't died. Also, lunch yesterday was indeed sandwiches and wraps. I took two halves and ate the innards. I didn't realize the chicken salad was Waldorf style and had raisins and apples in it, which are also on my not yet list. Tiny amount.

Exercise - Will elliptical today.

Menu

Protein/fiber/collagen

Egg scramble with spinach and feta

Kale and turkey slice

Shrimp ****tail with more homemade sauce

Cheers, everyone!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

White Dove
on 10/1/22 6:56 am - Warren, OH

People used to make a cake at Easter that was white cake with a lemon filling, white frosting and sprinkled with coconut. The Knights of Columbus used to have a family Easter dinner at the K of C hall. They provided the ham, marshmallow-topped sweet potatoes, and green bean casserole. Every family bought a covered dish to share. That cake was always on the dessert table and I always had that for my Easter dessert.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 10/1/22 8:02 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

Conference sessions were excellent yesterday - the focus for all the afternoon ones was on regain, so of course we were all ears!

I've been eating and drinking too much while I've been here, and I'm really feeling it this morning. UGH. I'm going to try to eat like a normal human being today. Conference ends tonight - I have a flight out of here early tomorrow morning. I kind of wi**** was later in the day so I could walk around the city! May do that this morning since I think there's an hour or so gap in the schedule, but it'd be better to have a whole day to do that. If I come back to a future conference that's in California (which most are..), I'll plan for that!

B: two Chobani Greek yogurts, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake (had this around 5:00 this morning - I'm still on Central time)

L: ?? (catered by the conference)

AS: I have some protein bars with me, which I'm already sick of...

D: ??

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Maddymoe2
on 10/1/22 9:16 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Melody,

please post pics of the finished cake. You are a wonderful aunt! I hope he appreciates it.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 500 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 399 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 419 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 231 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 121 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.