What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 9/24/22 1:14 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone. Hope y'all are having a great start the the weekend.

I got some troubling news last night. My brother called and said some boy at school kicked my niece Rachel in the crotch...hard. The school did NOT inform them, Rachel told them. My SIL thinks my brother is overreacting as she doesn't seem to think bullying is a big deal...that's a story for another day. My brother and SIL are going to go up there Monday and have it out. My brother is very upset. Both of us were tortured in school...more so my brother. He never stood up for himself and I did. I'm just heartbroken.

My doctors appointment went ok yesterday. Nothing new so that's a good thing. My blood sugar was 104 this morning! That's REALLY good.

QOTD: Floral or Fauna?

I tend to like floral best only for one reason...they are easier to photograph! BUT I love animals too. I even can respect spiders and such as long as they're not in my house. Even then I have been known to catch and release certain insects. So for my own questions I can't pick lol

B: unfortunately I had a few powdered sugar mini donuts...total fail but I'll pick up and move on. Other than that I'll have oatmeal in a few hours.

L: PP shake and a gf waffle

D: I am thinking maybe a taco salad or tilapia with some cauliflower fried "rice"

S: jerky stick, cheese with a corn tortilla and ???

Mel

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/24/22 4:13 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning,

That meme is me more than I'd like to admit, some days. Not feeling very awake right now.

Sorry to hear about your niece. Schools seem to be getting worse over the years but I know people have been saying similar things for decades.

QOTD- For photos? Either. I'm a big nature person and couldn't live in a place without trees and other green things. The fauna are the bonus that comes with it.

Bit of a question mark around my day today. Feeling very unfocused and low energy. I need to cook. Don't really need to do grocery shopping but I do keep overstocking my freezer with veggies and things that I'll be able to eat after October 10th. Need to kick that habit. I might make another casserole-type dish since they're easy and high protein. Plus the tofu and mushrooms.

I'll probably go out tomorrow for a few staples. It's supposed to be in the 90's again this weekend, and I'm hoping this will be the last before fall weather truly kicks in. In another hour it will be light enough outside for watering and some small maintenance things. Maybe I'll take a look at replacing my mailbox since the old one is rusting out.

No accountability to report! Might or might not exercise today. It's an off day so will see how I feel.

Menu

Protein/collagen/fiber

Maybe poached eggs and turmeric spinach

Either tilapia or the chicken breast in my fridge with green beans or spinach

Something with zucchini since I have it. Probably yogurt. Looking at lowering sodium a bit

Cheers, everyone.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

catwoman7
on 9/24/22 5:30 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

did the school know about the bullying? If so, yes, they should have let your brother and SIL know. I know sometimes bully victims are afraid to report anything, though (unfortunately...). It's so awful that that happened.

my mother wants to run a bunch of errands today (she no longer drives, so it's on me), but I'm expecting a package. Ugh. Hopefully DH will be willing to stay here today - or even better, maybe the package will be delivered early (which I doubt - never seems to happen). Not much else going on - other than it was freezing this morning and was still dark out when I got up at 6:30 to tend to the cat alarm. Not liking this..

QOTD: both

B: protein oatmeal topped with plain skyr and fruit, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: chickpea/miso spread and a tomato slice on 35-calorie bread

AS: protein muffin

D: turkey meatballs and marinara sauce (had this last night - didn't even miss the pasta!)

have a great Saturday, all!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Lisa91941
on 9/24/22 8:01 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. My bike ride yesterday was over 7 miles and the we capped it off with a 45 minute walk around the bay waiting on a call from our husbands about whether they wanted to lunch or not. They didn't want to drive downtown so my daughter and I had an excellent lunch together on the bay. Yesterday was really warm again, same for today. I was physically exhausted all day yesterday and could not get on top of it. But I slept really well today and my plan is for a nice easy walk with brown dog and call that my exercise for the day. I ate perfect, drank all zero calorie fluids but the scale jumped up a bit. Dang it. I have a number I want to get to before we hit the road Thursday and I had been inching ever closer to it. Staying the course over here.

Not much else on the agenda today.

QoTD: Fauna for sure

menu

b: piece of chili relleno casserole, little dab of sour cream, 1/4 c refried beans

l: leftover bacon wrapped shrimp

D: not sure, but may try the Trader Joe's Saucy Scallops with mushrooms and peas over a bit of rice.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

lmfontana4
on 9/24/22 8:23 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I am sorry to hear about the situation with your niece. It is not easy being a kid. Hopefully her parents can get the school to take the situation seriously. Was this just a random kick or did something lead up to it?

Great job on your fasting blood sugars! Making progress. Yay!

QOTD: fauna. Much rather see animals in their habitats then a botaogarden. However I live pretty flowers.

today is my freer eating day so I allow a few more calories. I still try to get some decent protein. I big treat for me is to make my protein frosty like a DQ blizzard. Premeire protein drink, pudding mix (sf**** cubes, crushed Oreos. Yummy. Yesterday was one of those days I was actually hungry but I didn't allow myself to deviate from my planned eating. I am afraid if I allow myself extras it will become a habit (like in the past). Just drank a bunch more water and tried to keep busy. My weight was down to my new lowest so was happy with that.

I am off to my 90 min hot yoga session then to my kids concert Have a great Saturday

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/24/22 11:29 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Congrats on your newest low! That's a lot of work to reach and maintain. Kudos!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 232 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.